Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A question about hextech crafting: is there a point to having more than one of the same skin shard, or can I safely recycle those? I don't see an option to combine 3 of them into a permanent like there is for champions, so ....?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Addamere posted:

A question about hextech crafting: is there a point to having more than one of the same skin shard, or can I safely recycle those? I don't see an option to combine 3 of them into a permanent like there is for champions, so ....?
You can combine 3 skin shards into a random skin for a champ you own, works the same as with champions. You can't mix and match champion and ward skins to do it though, they're separate.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How to counter Support Maokai saplings as any support in the game.

Step 1: Buy mobility boots.
Step 2: there is no step 2 you now outrun his saplings and can deinfest a bush at no cost to yourself.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How to counter Support Maokai saplings as any support in the game.

Step 1: Pick any support in the game

ftfy!

Is support Maokai actually a thing now?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yeah he makes stepping in brush a non option now. Plus since you can leave nice vision granting surprises everywhere you don't need sightstone, leaving more money for AP.

Seriously, I was in lane with goon alaw yesterday, he had slapped 200 damage on both their ADC and support before I even got to lane

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Plus he was dressed in a cat onesie and was spamming the meow dance at the enemy which was super tilting for me, I can only imagine how demoralising it was for them. Also his ult was a wall of meowing kitties coming for them, p2w bullshit right there

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Ok I rescind my earlier comment, I've just dodged him I guess. Wow, I'm definitely gonna support Maokai drat.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Went 4-1 yesterday and almost went 5-0 except for a teammate randomly DCing with support Maokai

Once you get Liandry's you can triple sapling a bush and one shot their ADC. Even one sapling will take 50% of a squishy' HP with TLD

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Well poo poo, that sounds great. More and more my support pool is becoming 'champs that can build liandries', so that works out real well.

Also, scoreboard.jpg content:

Zyra still broken (more realistically, Zyra is broken in mid Gold). 14-4 at the moment, and still not skipping divisions... please god...

For masteries, I've been thinking about trying out 12/18/0 Tlords + Battle Trance instead of double edged sword. It seems like in mid/late game it'd be effectively the same, but give a bit more survivability throughout the game. What are y'all's thoughts on Zyra masteries atm?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Ah yes, what this game needed was a Teemo with actual teamfight utility.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tales of Woe posted:

Ah yes, what this game needed was a Teemo with actual teamfight utility.

Cottontail x Meowkai botlane imo

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why does everyone like mid?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Addamere posted:

Why does everyone like mid?

Mid is a Manly Test of Skil, 1v1. This appeals to many players.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rygar201 posted:

Mid is a Manly Test of Skil, 1v1. This appeals to many players.

but I am a coward :(

solution is braum mid, obv

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Also people (especially esports watchers) want to be Faker. The 1v1 purity of combat types are great though because they tilt the gently caress out immediately when you gank them as a jungler.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

njsykora posted:

Also people (especially esports watchers) want to be Faker. The 1v1 purity of combat types are great though because they tilt the gently caress out immediately when you gank them as a jungler.

I miss the cries of "1v1 me at Baron/Roshan bro!"

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
That's why top is the best. 1v1 away from everyone. I live or die by my own skills.

I mostly die

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mid feels like the protagonist of the match. Shortest lane, quick access to everywhere else, 1x1 with the eventual jungler action. Meta usually gave you the choice to pick any kind of champion over the past 7 years, including fast paced damage dealers. If you're a mage and you fail at snowball you can silently switch to support.

If Faker didnt exist mid players would still be playind mid. Same thing with Vayne players.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

mid sucks unless you can play a hard farming champion that can push the wave and ignore the other player imo. gently caress honour duels in mid lane. i stay chasing that paper

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I think the ePeen draw is a big part of it. It's not like in DotA where the midlane is a huge deal due to rune control.

^^A good post.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Mid is pretty influential. They're able to further sway a game's advantage via roaming to either lanes, join invades or put wards along the river to alert side lanes. I think toplane is the actual 1v1 lane after the junglers do the one early game gank

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Mid is pretty influential in that they're able to further sway a game's advantage via roaming to either lanes. I think toplane is the actual 1v1 lane after the junglers do the one early game gank

Yeah, solo farming up Siphon Strike stacks is a very relaxing laning phase hah

Is Nasus still a thing?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

If Faker wasn't real, it would be necessary to invent him.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rygar201 posted:

Is Nasus still a thing?

Seemingly every time I play Malphite lately I get put against a Nasus in lane and it's hilarious to solo kill them.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

njsykora posted:

Seemingly every time I play Malphite lately I get put against a Nasus in lane and it's hilarious to solo kill them.

I just want to get fat Q hits with my Riot Dog bro. :saddowns:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah, solo farming up Siphon Strike stacks is a very relaxing laning phase hah

Is Nasus still a thing?

The legendary max spirit fire build kind of exists but Q farm Nasus will get punished unless their opponent is dumb as hell

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

One reason why mid is popular besides Faker/esports/influence is it's the only optimal position for most mages and assassins which is a really large bloc of champions whose devotees have to play mid. There's like 3 times as many mid lane champions as ADCs or supports.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

Servaetes posted:

The legendary max spirit fire build kind of exists but Q farm Nasus will get punished unless their opponent is dumb as hell

Seems like it's pretty easy for a Nasus to just let the lane get pushed to their tower and play Q Q Revolution under it.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

He has a weird problem under tower where his AD isn't quite high enough early on to comfortably get stacks, even despite the lifesteal passive. Plus he misses a bunch of Q stacks under tower because of the cooldown too. You can bully the poo poo out of him and keep him down for long enough for Q stacking to not matter. I mean if you let him farm and get nothing done then yeah it's going to get bad. It's also easy to dive him under tower because he can't do poo poo about it

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Nasus would easily kick your rear end.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Excellent contributions as always Keven

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Scared? Haha. You should be.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

Servaetes posted:

He has a weird problem under tower where his AD isn't quite high enough early on to comfortably get stacks, even despite the lifesteal passive. Plus he misses a bunch of Q stacks under tower because of the cooldown too. You can bully the poo poo out of him and keep him down for long enough for Q stacking to not matter. I mean if you let him farm and get nothing done then yeah it's going to get bad. It's also easy to dive him under tower because he can't do poo poo about it

Has something changed? Used to be the way you'd do it is: If it's a tankier minion, you'd let the tower hit it twice, then you'd Q to finish it. If it's a squishy minion you give it a single autoattack, let the tower hit it, then Q it. Worked every time.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Amish Ninja posted:

Has something changed? Used to be the way you'd do it is: If it's a tankier minion, you'd let the tower hit it twice, then you'd Q to finish it. If it's a squishy minion you give it a single autoattack, let the tower hit it, then Q it. Worked every time.

Yeah, that still applies. I'm talking more before his first back and being in the 1-5 range where it's not easy to last hit/stack Q under tower, even with an AD page. What you're talking about still happens after some item pickups though. I guess what I'm getting at is he's got a pretty poor early game that a lot of bully toplaners exploit and if he's down he has a lot of trouble catching up.

What I was originally getting at is that farm toplane does exist but it's not as passive as the days of like Renekton Mundo Shyvanna and it's a bit more 1v1 than mid because mid can influence lanes a lot more than top imo

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Tales of Woe posted:

One reason why mid is popular besides Faker/esports/influence is it's the only optimal position for most mages and assassins which is a really large bloc of champions whose devotees have to play mid. There's like 3 times as many mid lane champions as ADCs or supports.

This for me. I love aoe and/or control mages like Orianna, Syndra, Veigar Vlad,, Lux, Xerath, Ziggs, etc etc and Mid is really the only place most of them can be. Save the occasional niche thing like lolziggsbot but that doesn't really count. So I end up living in midtown because of that.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The masses are starting to catch on to support Maokai

Went 3-1 tonight on him :hehe:

10-3 so far in last 3 days

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Look at this kid walk everything back after he realized that my friend, Nasus, was going to kick his rear end for talking poo poo. Amazing.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

nasus is a loving legend and any haters are failing to grasp the simple truth that his potential is LIMITLESS.

for real though nasus is good if you max spirit fire and you can easily bully weaklings out of lane. your q farm will not be as impressive and sometimes your team will make fun of you but you will still be the top dog slugging people down and basically unkillable

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Nasus has not been cool since he lost his ability to taunt spam anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

everyone take this poll before i get pissed and answer honestly

http://www.strawpoll.me/12943726

• Locked thread