Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wonder if this has anything to do with the future vision at the end of Batwoman Rebirth where Kate was also an evil looking militaristic leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Injustices for everyone!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wonder if this has anything to do with the future vision at the end of Batwoman Rebirth where Kate was also an evil looking militaristic leader.

I don't want to toxx quite yet but I'm betting hard this is going to turn out to be Kate's twin sister. Twins are basically a huge blank check for Shenanigans in comic books and they have barely utilized her at all.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/862073772437852160

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Didn't expect that one to end before Blue Beetle or New Super-Man

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I suppose Metal will really mostly be about these new characters, then.
Wonder if Sean Murphy's own Bman comic is still on the cards.

Anyway, I'm totally fine with it. Snyder needs to do something else (and probably not just Challengers of the Unknown.) ASB kinda feels like someone afraid to let go.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Didn't expect that one to end before Blue Beetle or New Super-Man

They presented it to retailers as a long form limited series. He and Capullo's last Batman story was originally going to close the series out but that evolved into Dark Days.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Im fine with this. All Star has been pretty enjoyable but I do think Snyder needs to walk away. I can't imagine trying to walk away from a character like Batman though.

And since DC loves Batman titles this might even lead to some new exciting thing from some other great creative team. Who knows, man.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

I suppose Metal will really mostly be about these new characters, then.
Wonder if Sean Murphy's own Bman comic is still on the cards.

Anyway, I'm totally fine with it. Snyder needs to do something else (and probably not just Challengers of the Unknown.) ASB kinda feels like someone afraid to let go.

I would like to see Snyder on Justice League

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I would honestly like to see Snyder go into something more horror related. His Swamp Thing before Rotworld was solid, and Wytches/The Wake shows he has the chops for horror, so maybe give him a Demon or Deadman or something horror related and let him go wild.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He sad he plans to get back to Wytches eventually.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is Dick-Bats in continuity at the moment?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It was in the N52, so if everything is just merging more stuff, I don't know why they'd ditch it now.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

He sad he plans to get back to Wytches eventually.

Yea I asked him about that at ECCC and he said sometime this year I think.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Skwirl posted:

Is Dick-Bats in continuity at the moment?

Yes

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

It was in the N52, so if everything is just merging more stuff, I don't know why they'd ditch it now.

Well now I'm eve more angry about it not being the status quo.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ScottyLobdell/status/862416239980716032

:neckbeard:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Detective Comics was great this week and I agree that its BULLSHIT the last page of the book wasn't the Batfamily all having a good time at the opera.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Justice League 22 has been resolicited as a fill-in by Shea Fontana (the writer on Wonder Woman after Rucka.)
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/10/ch-ch-changes-shea-fontana-writes-justice-league-22-drawn-philippe-briones/
Is this the first time JL or JLA has been written by a woman? Neato either way.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 11, 2017

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I knew it was bound to happen but I am so unreasonably mad that Superman is moving back to Metropolis.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Megh. I'd been blissfully ignoring Deathstroke's existence for a good long while now, maybe almost to the point where he wasn't actively my least favorite comic book character, but this issue of Titans brought all the stuff I don't like about that ol' shitmonger back into my frame of mind. I mean...this specific issue wasn't even all that egregious about it, but he's still such a sanctimonious edgelord who clowns on Wally West somehow and ooh you're so loving cool your superpower is using swords a little better than other people oooh. Is this how he's written in his own solo series as well?

Detective Comics was so great. Wonder Woman was filler, unfortunately, which is pretty lovely since there are so few issues left of it. Hal Jordan and the GLC continues the grand tradition of Hal loving things up, which is nice.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
deathstroke's book is written by christopher priest

no he is not written like that there

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

In his solo he puts a hit out on his daughter as an excuse to spend time with her as protection. Then she wakes up in the morning in the motel they're staying at to discover Slade drinking coffee, staring out the window, half changed out of his fat suit disguise from the day before with his naked rear end hanging out.

That's what Priest's Deathstroke is like.

I can never keep track of the plot points issue to issue, but I appreciate the ridiculous family drama I can't quite follow. It's fun.

edit: I'm finally reading Cosmic Odyssey because of Bug this week, and hey! There's that planet that exploded that John Stewart's always sad about. Didn't know I'd be running into that.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:44 on May 11, 2017

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
There's one moment in Priest's Deathstroke run where Slade confuses "faustian" and "freudian", and it's such a perfect touch, the quickest reminder that for all his ability to put plans within plans, he's still kind of a giant meathead dipshit who's bad at the non-supervillain aspects of life.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm probably dropping Teen Titans after Lazarus Contract is over

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I've been enjoying it more and more. Pretty into the new Aqualad's introduction.
I really hated the Rebirth issue and Jonboy wasn't for me.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's been the opposite for me. I hate Pham's art, and I don't think Percy actually knows these characters all that well. Damian and Beast Boy in particular have been way more insufferable than they should be, and I feel like Raven and Starfire might as well not even be there.

Also, honestly not a fan of this budding romance between Kid Flash and Raven. It's really weird to me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Also, honestly not a fan of this budding romance between Kid Flash and Raven. It's really weird to me.

It is a bit weird because Wally and Raven had a romance in the 80's but now this isn't the same Wally so it's a bit weird.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That one was also the result of Raven using her powers to manipulate Wally so he would join the team, so it makes me uncomfortable from that angle too.

I mean, I am also probably a bit bitter that one of the only things I liked from the DC You run, Beast Boy and Raven's relationship, seemed to be setting that up but it's getting dropped in favor of this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of DC You, whatever happened to that new Dr. Fate? The old one seems to be back in Rebirth/Blue Beetle. Did DC forget the new kid existed or what?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

TwoPair posted:

Speaking of DC You, whatever happened to that new Dr. Fate? The old one seems to be back in Rebirth/Blue Beetle. Did DC forget the new kid existed or what?

I think when it didn't immediately become Ms. Marvel/Batgirl v2.0 DC forgot about it entirely

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It seemed for a while like what they forgot was to cancel it. Wasn't it the longest lasting DCYou comic?

edit: I really hope Sonny Liew gets more work sometime, and the covers were the best.

Everything except the dull plot that went nowhere was great.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 11, 2017

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

It seemed for a while like what they forgot was to cancel it. Wasn't it the longest lasting DCYou comic?

Forgetting to cancel a title is what I think happened to Earth 2.

As for the longest running title, it should have been Prez.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Roth posted:

I'm probably dropping Teen Titans after Lazarus Contract is over

I've already dropped it. I just read it online to keep up. I'm going to be dropping Titans too.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm still enjoying Teen Titans but I think The Adventures of rear end in a top hat Damian And His Grudging Not-Quite-Friends is a hoot and don't much care about the non-Robin cast members.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

CapnAndy posted:

I'm still enjoying Teen Titans but I think The Adventures of rear end in a top hat Damian And His Grudging Not-Quite-Friends is a hoot and don't much care about the non-Robin cast members.

That's the major problem for me. I don't especially like Damian, but I do really adore Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire. So it's just been frustrating to me having them be ancillary at best to the sidekick characters.

Like, no joke, Raven is my favorite superhero, and I fully acknowkedge that my problems with the run are probably on the level of DT complaining about King's Bane, but the run just rubs me the wrong way

pubic works project posted:

I've already dropped it. I just read it online to keep up. I'm going to be dropping Titans too.

Probably shouldn't openly admit to basically pirating a comic around here.

Roth fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 11, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The only books I've gotten around to reading from DC this week were Action Comics and Titans and I concur with the notion that the Titans story is off to a bad start. I knew I made a mistake buying a Dan Abnett book just because it was a crossover issue. I figured maybe Priest and Percy could save it but no. I was going to try and buy the Deathstroke and Titans issues even though I don't read those books just to know what was going on with the Teen Titans, since I've really been liking that book, but man that was not a good start. The Brett Booth art did nothing to help the experience as well.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The thing is that the last Titans arc, with the team helping out Mal and Karen with their problems, was perfectly fine. Then Deathstroke steps onto the page here and I just felt my brain think "oh no. Here we loving go." If this isn't how Deathstroke's usually characterized now, then I can only conclude that the last Abnett has read of the guy was back before Flashpoint or something.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I feel like I just can't possibly be brought to care about another Judas Contract knock-off. It's almost like the Titans have only two stories that will be repeated forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'd say Priest's Drathstroke focuses more on his poor relationship skills and difficulties with trying to be a decent father, but failing than going for "Aw gently caress yeah, he stuck out his sword and Flash ran right into it, BADASS"

Edit - Anyway, I think I'll refrain from posting too much about how I don't like the current Teen Titans. Most of you guys seem to be liking it, and I don't want to rain on anybody's parade with my complaining about it. At least I still have my DVDs of the series :v:

Roth fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 11, 2017