Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gustav posted:

Riiight and those half dozen heroes presumably also don't do anything interesting that isn't already covered by 5 other heroes. That doesn't automatically mean they aren't good designs.

In a game already filled with hooded grimdark bad guys, Reaper doesn't stand out. Also every Overwatch hero they port into HotS that isn't a sexy waifu is money lost for Blizzard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

exquisite tea posted:

Reaper does nothing interesting in either his basic design or movement that aren't already covered by like half a dozen other heroes.

Junkrat could be pretty cool if they played up his concussive mine physics gimmick.

Just put ziggs in hots. Ziggs is a good character

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

exquisite tea posted:

Reaper does nothing interesting in either his basic design or movement that aren't already covered by like half a dozen other heroes.

Not all together on one guy, though.

Diablo style soul heal.
Tracer move and shoot.
Li-Ming teleport but it's channeled.
Tychus style damage, possibly even D.Va style multi target hitting.
Samuro style high damage AoE that you can move while using.
Tassadar ghost mode escape.
Murky's health bar. :v:

I'm not saying I'd want him, but he's an obvious choice.

Personally I want Symmetra, Junkrat, or Mei in HotS.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

To be honest I'd rather they port Rampage or Dampeer from HoN

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I want Torbjorn skins for Muradin, Gazlowe and Ragnaros. All at the same time.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
We don't need Mei we've already got Brightwing for our crazed killers niche.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Diablo style soul heal.
Tracer move and shoot.

I think you're forgetting a hero that already has a cone blast, short range movement skill, spinning shooty death ult, and grimdark aesthetic

Fellatio del Toro fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 11, 2017

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

exquisite tea posted:

In a game already filled with hooded grimdark bad guys, Reaper doesn't stand out. Also every Overwatch hero they port into HotS that isn't a sexy waifu is money lost for Blizzard.

Genji's cyborg booty is my waifu

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I'd be neat if they made her meta and let her hack HotS itself for buffs or debuffs

I was thinking deny enemy health globes or fountains but your idea is better

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I think you're forgetting a hero that already has a cone blast, short range movement skill, spinning shooty death ult, and grimdark aesthetic

Must be, since I can't think of one that fits Reaper's kit exactly.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

(valla)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

exquisite tea posted:

Also every Overwatch hero they port into HotS that isn't a sexy waifu is money lost for Blizzard.

where's my Roadhog skin for stitches :argh:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

They should port Ana, this would be Cool and Good.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kalko posted:

Having said that, I can't really see how they could put Mercy into the game and keep her iconic voice line because you just can't have a full group rez in a moba. It would either have to be drastically different to its Overwatch incarnation, or have some huge restriction like once-per-game or a 10min+ cooldown, and I don't think they'd want to explore that particular design space.

People said the same thing about Auriel's single rez before she was in the game. Meanwhile until its recent rework it was the garbage ult you never picked.
Yes Mercy's mass rez probably will not make it into the game as an in combat rez that restores everyone to full health that can't be interrupted. But there's a lot of design space that still captures the flavor of 'Bring your fallen teammates back'

They could keep the rez a few second channel and suddenly 'If you wipe everyone but the healer you need one person to corpse camp for a little bit' is not exactly game breaking and more becomes a niche pick. Or if they specifically wanted it to be an in combat rez instead of giving health it gives a rapidly decaying sheild or only restores allies with 1 health but 2 seconds of protected. Or not give her the full respawn timer and only a few seconds after death to use it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

exquisite tea posted:

Do not discount hunkrat

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
10 second channel where you appear on the minimap for all enemies and any damage you take puts it on CD.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Fuzz posted:

Diablo style soul heal.
Tracer move and shoot.

Yeah, Reaper's design would be very very very very very good in a MOBA to the point where they'd really have to tune his damage or health incredibly low.

Zenyatta would be way too good if all he did was "passive heal", "hunters mark", long range skillshot orbs (Chromie esque channel), and a mobile Tyrael immunity ult.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 11, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fellatio del Toro posted:

They should just make Reaper "Literally Valla" and then rework Valla to be a different DH playstyle.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Reaper cosplay skin for Valla, done.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Her skins are already too good. TLV skin with Roadhog Olaf, Reaper Baelog, and Sombra Erik.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Don't even act like if Reaper could pick one last skill for his kit that it wouldn't be called Hungering Bullet and it wouldn't be a homing bullet that hits someone in the heart over and over

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
As a rule I do not spend real money on this game. I would pay real money to buy Junkrat

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Do not discount hunkrat

Junkrat is definitely one of the Overwaifus, inexplicable as though it might be.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

floofyscorp posted:

Reaper cosplay skin for Valla, done.

They really should do this, she has a dearth of good skins and most of her kit is visually close enough to him to work.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Lemon-Lime posted:

They really should do this, she has a dearth of good skins and most of her kit is visually close enough to him to work.
I don't see what reaper and valla have in common at all.

Valla's character is based largely around auto attack stacks and doesn't have the only iconic reaper ability, his teleport. Reaper is an up close damage dealer, valla has a reasonable range. Just really not seeing the similarity. Even if you wanted to argue about their ults, reaper's is more of a close range "die die die" while valla's spin is far more long range and sustained damage (does it still do notably less dps than her autos?). Plus, valla has a sweet stun ult.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 11, 2017

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Macaluso posted:

As a rule I do not spend real money on this game. I would pay real money to buy Junkrat

I would pay real money to keep Junkrat out of another game fam.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

As long as they don't put McCree in.

It's never high noon in the Nexus, rear end in a top hat! :argh:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Fuzz posted:

As long as they don't put McCree in.

It's never high noon in the Nexus, rear end in a top hat! :argh:

ya done?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

McCree would he easy to put in and could actually be interesting with a ammo mechanic where he had to choose sustained and range or close burst. Roll reloading would have to be a 20 talent though

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The worst part of this game is when you're doing badly but the enemy isn't competent enough to actually just win. Down two or three levels, just got team-wiped... watch the other guys faff about for over half a minute. Start killing keeps already!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bio347 posted:

The worst part of this game is when you're doing badly but the enemy isn't competent enough to actually just win. Down two or three levels, just got team-wiped... watch the other guys faff about for over half a minute. Start killing keeps already!

At least it doesn't take an hour like all the other poo poo garbage mobas

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Khorne posted:

Valla's character is based largely around auto attack stacks and doesn't have the only iconic reaper ability, his teleport. Reaper is an up close damage dealer, valla has a reasonable range. Just really not seeing the similarity. Even if you wanted to argue about their ults, reaper's is more of a close range "die die die" while valla's spin is far more long range and sustained damage (does it still do notably less dps than her autos?). Plus, valla has a sweet stun ult.

They dual wield projectile weapons, therefore same character

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Reaper does not have a real escape tool IMO. I mean sure, have it be a ghost form that moves at the same speed as normal movement without a mount, and totally visible. That will totally work in HotS. Absolutely. Yep.

In a more realistic version of Reaper's implementation, ghost form would be to heal during a teamfight, allowing you to pick up sweet sweet health orbs dropped by dead enemy heroes, but in no way does Reaper actually have anything like Vault.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Khorne posted:

Two guns, a movement skill, an ult that involves spinning around while doing damage, and Multishot can look like a shotgun blast. It's more than enough for a skin. Did you somehow forget Novazon exists?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

At least it doesn't take an hour like all the other poo poo garbage mobas
Very true. I'm only wasting, like, ten minutes this way!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Did you somehow forget Novazon exists?
OTOH, we actually got an amazon. The Widowmaker skin is probably a better comparison.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

bio347 posted:

OTOH, we actually got an amazon. The Widowmaker skin is probably a better comparison.

My point was that Nova has nothing in common with the Amazon other than having a ranged attack, so the bar for getting a skin referencing another Blizzard game is basically nonexistent. :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Having just played The Butcher for the first time in forever: Wow is he ever bad.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The bigger they are is a total trap if you ask me. If the enemy is getting hit by your allies, and tychus is a team fighter, then they're going to turn off your bonus damage. You're trading your ability to secure kills to spook people. Like you said he likes longer fights, anyway.

Tychus' goal is to melt tanks, and TBTA is really the best talent for that. You follow through with Overkill, since his trait doesn't affect it anyways.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 11, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

So is there a reason why some announcers are more expensive than the others? (you know, beyond Blizzard knowing that those are the ones people want to own)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I'm going to miss this brawl, been fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mierenneuker posted:

So is there a reason why some announcers are more expensive than the others?

Yeah it's

quote:

(you know, beyond Blizzard knowing that those are the ones people want to own)

oh, well you already know the answer then.