Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Leper go on jeopardy and become the richest man on earth

But then you'd just end up like Arthur Chu and nobody wants that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I would crush Jeopardy if it weren't for the many, many history categories. I just... hate history so much...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's me, the guy who knows all the history.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Diqnol posted:

It's me, the guy who knows all the history.
Let's fight.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I would've cleaned up on college jeopardy though, back when I was in college. Those questions are super easy and the contestants are generally idiots.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I watched like 8 episodes of Sports Jeopardy last night and I knew all the answers

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

I watched like 8 episodes of Sports Jeopardy last night and I knew all the answers

You couldn't stump the schwab tho

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

You couldn't stump the schwab tho

I could now

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

Shh! If the government finds out, they'll try to catch me and dissect my brain.

Leper I support your rights as a free thinking sentient AI you can come live in my computer if the Feds come for you but you'll have to put up with my desktop background being Richard Sherman deflecting the pass to Crabtree in the 2013 NFCCG.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

I've been doing that too after hockey.

I still think the show might be staged based on three contestants not being able to identify a diagram of a wishbone formation.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

Leper I support your rights as a free thinking sentient AI you can come live in my computer if the Feds come for you but you'll have to put up with my desktop background being Richard Sherman deflecting the pass to Crabtree in the 2013 NFCCG.

Thanks buddy I appreciate the offer, but your core-i5 with 8GB of RAM is just not going to cut it I'm afraid.

also Richard Sherman is such a jackass, ugh

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/862734324868820993

Yikes.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I just ate a Berger cookie and it may be the tastiest treat I have ever enjoyed

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I just ate a Berger cookie and it may be the tastiest treat I have ever enjoyed

Just looked that up, is the glaze/frosting dark chocolate? If not that looks awesome.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
It is basically fudge batter, not dark I don't think

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I've never seen those in any local stores :-/

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh my that's looks too good

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
They have cake too! Is this only Baltimore area? :(

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Berger cookies are a Baltimore thing and they own hard.

e: pron if you're in Baltimore you should go to Dangerously Delicious Pies and get a slice of the Baltimore Bomb. It's made with Berger cookies and it's well worth a cheat day

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 12, 2017

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
gently caress Baltimore! DC bitch!!!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Freaquency posted:

Berger cookies are a Baltimore thing and they own hard.

e: pron if you're in Baltimore you should go to Dangerously Delicious Pies and get a slice of the Baltimore Bomb. It's made with Berger cookies and it's well worth a cheat day

I went to these guys website to check out their pie offerings and plan a visit, but noticed on the menu section of their website that they have a large selection of savory pies and quiches, and I'll be honest, I hadn't considered those

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Leperflesh posted:

I would've cleaned up on college jeopardy though, back when I was in college. Those questions are super easy and the contestants are generally idiots.

My brother did pretty well when he appeared on it, but what eventually killed him was his twitch reflex to hit the buzzer when the light flashed, so he didn't make it to the finals despite not missing any questions.

I, on the other hand, have the twitch reflexes of someone who played a massive amount of video games - however, when I tried out for High School Jeopardy around that same time, despite crushing the written test and obliterating people in the practice round, I apparently failed the personality test. I watched to see who had beaten me in that regard, and when the show came on, it was some turbo-nerd whose hobby was repairing vacuum cleaners.

That was the last time I watched Jeopardy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

Chicago is fun to visit, but if you want to live there, you better be well off financially. It's the kind of place where your lawyer asks you for money to bribe the judge.

If you take out the "fun to visit" this is just like San Francisco.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I went to these guys website to check out their pie offerings and plan a visit, but noticed on the menu section of their website that they have a large selection of savory pies and quiches, and I'll be honest, I hadn't considered those

Yeah, if you go on Tuesday (to the Canton one at least) you can get their date night deal which 2 slices of savory and 2 sweet for 22 bucks. It's A+

No Irish Need Imply posted:

gently caress Baltimore! DC bitch!!!

< :mad: >

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I just had a bunch of cocktails and now I want to go for a nightswim.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Chichevache posted:

If you take out the "fun to visit" this is just like San Francisco.

Chicago ain't too expensive. The west side is getting gentrified to gently caress all though, so there's a huge bubble developing. So many old shops getting torn down for lovely condos.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

swickles posted:

I just had a bunch of cocktails and now I want to go for a nightswim.

Nightswimming is REM's best song imo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i had to take a pork butt out of the smoker beacuse this poo poo just would not hit 195

into the oven with you bitch

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My wife is watching The Good Wife and this isn't an instructional show at all what the gently caress

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Spoeank posted:

My wife is watching The Good Wife and this isn't an instructional show at all what the gently caress

Try Handmaid's Tale next

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Phobeste posted:

Try Handmaid's Tale next

That show is dark as gently caress.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spoeank posted:

This is just like the time I found out Cold Case wasn't about beer. :(

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
No one in my family is allowed to return from Baltimore without a car full of Burger Cookies. They're probably my favorite gateway to diabetes.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hot Diggity! posted:

Chicago ain't too expensive. The west side is getting gentrified to gently caress all though, so there's a huge bubble developing. So many old shops getting torn down for lovely condos.

It's pretty drat expensive. San Francisco is a whole other level though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

inputting my grades from 10 years ago into my CASPA page

lol I got a B in health and fitness, and a C in "Current Political Issues."

The politics class required us to read four newspapers, cut out articles, and make a scrap book. You needed two a day from each paper.

The teacher made us use his promo code to order the subscriptions lol

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

Lmao this is the funniest thing I've read all week.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

inputting my grades from 10 years ago into my CASPA page

lol I got a B in health and fitness, and a C in "Current Political Issues."

The politics class required us to read four newspapers, cut out articles, and make a scrap book. You needed two a day from each paper.

The teacher made us use his promo code to order the subscriptions lol

What was a current political issue 10 years ago

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

bombing brown people

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

The Iraq Surge
the Virginia tech massacre
the Vet health care crisis
Karl Rove and Alberto Gonzalez resigning for hitting their monstrosity quotas.
The Minneapolis bridge collapse, following Katrina which led to a ton of "hey, we kinda neglected infrastructure for the last 50 years, are we going to do anything about th... haha, I didn't think so, we cool"
The best places for republican senators to solicit gay sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

The best places for republican senators to solicit gay sex.

Ah. I forgot about the wide stance defense.

• Locked thread