Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, that Claude Taylor dude is now in the Louise Mensch zone. Pretty sure no other search warrants were executed today, and the one that did get executed might have been about something else entirely. So that whole tweet chain about the FBI and U.S. Marshals getting ready to roll out is bullshit, because I'm pretty sure they would have rolled out by now.

lol nothing matters.

Don't particularly care, because my hate boner is already engorged and massive after the rest of today. That raid does a LOT, and means a lot when it comes to the extent of this. It implicates a whole ton of other people - not just those that we have been suspecting here for a long time.

Think back to Nunez and his whole spiel about him having information on trump being surveilled, and then look at this raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

BigDave posted:

Wait, which one is the Nazihobo?

Bannon.

Lest we forget, Trump just revealed to the entire world that he held a not-so-secret meeting with not only Kislyak, but the Ukrainian FM in order to broker the Russian annexation of Ukraine.

He fukin tweeted this poo poo.

ded redd fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 11, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Office Pig posted:

Bannon.

Lest we forget, Trump just revealed to the entire world that he held a not-so-secret meeting with not only Kislyak, but the Ukrainian FM in order to broker the Russian annexation of Ukraine.

He fukin tweeted this poo poo.

Double dealing? No, nononon. He was brokering peace with two soverign nation's separately on the same day or some poo poo

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
So, here's something: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...m=.fdc6b8cc8432

When Sessions recommended that Trump fire Comey, doing so might have violated his recusal notice. If they did this to keep Comey from digging around in Russia's trash, this could be seen as obstruction of justice.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

It would be hilarious if Trump never actually colluded with Russia but his narcissistic delusions and paranoid dementia cause him to react to these investigations with increasingly insane measures that ultimately result in his impeachment and removal from office.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie demanded loyalty. Comey only promised honesty. Donnie hates honesty, therefore, RIP Comey.

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/862828130821697536

A lot of Republicans are probably going :stare: at that Holt interview, before doing nothing about it. Hilarious to watch their third full day of this fuckup and not improving it.

brains
May 12, 2004

Sergg posted:

It would be hilarious if Trump never actually colluded with Russia but his narcissistic delusions and paranoid dementia cause him to react to these investigations with increasingly insane measures that ultimately result in his impeachment and removal from office.

this is honestly the most probably outcome. it's doubtful at this point there's a real fire even despite the seemingly endless amount of smoke. what's most likely is that there was no direct collusion, but the trump campaign inadvertently and unknowingly, though complete incompetence, allowed Russian influence to affect their own policy and conduct of the campaign.

bottom line, it's doubtful the various investigations will uncover any direct evidence that could unseat trump himself (his advisors are another matter entirely). however, his own personal conduct will almost certainly be used against him since it has been so completely and totally inept and and at this rate will end up bordering on flagrantly illegal before long. he's going to sink his own ship.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

brains posted:

this is honestly the most probably outcome. it's doubtful at this point there's a real fire even despite the seemingly endless amount of smoke. what's most likely is that there was no direct collusion, but the trump campaign inadvertently and unknowingly, though complete incompetence, allowed Russian influence to affect their own policy and conduct of the campaign.

bottom line, it's doubtful the various investigations will uncover any direct evidence that could unseat trump himself (his advisors are another matter entirely). however, his own personal conduct will almost certainly be used against him since it has been so completely and totally inept and and at this rate will end up bordering on flagrantly illegal before long. he's going to sink his own ship.

I fully believe Page, Manafort, and probably Stone were actively colluding with the Russians. Everyone else was either too stupid or too high on their own farts to notice or care.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

psydude posted:

I fully believe Page, Manafort, and probably Stone were actively colluding with the Russians. Everyone else was either too stupid or too high on their own farts to notice or care.

Like diamond joe said "he's so stupid he doesn't understand the damage he's doing"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Trump's gonna get hosed on the business end imo, word is they're hitting that hard

edit: Maddow's reporting on the rumors that Paul Manafort has flipped on Trump

brains
May 12, 2004

psydude posted:

i find it hard to believe that they were straight up turned by russian agents. i give a lot of credit to the russians in this area- they have proven themselves exceptional talented at influencing and targeting individuals (sometimes literally) while avoiding direct evidence of their involvement. i think it's more likely that these three were either morally bankrupt, too stupid, or both to care where the money was actually coming from. that is by no means is to suggest that they are innocent- of course they had to suspect something was up, and i'm sure we'll see something down the line like evidence they were "approached out of nowhere" by some russia-affiliated group who suddenly wanted to put them on payroll.

what effect will that have on trump himself? practically none. nothing sticks to the big man himself; he's proven time and time again he is amazingly slippery and will aggressively disown anything even tangentially damaging to his own name. the only thing that will get him in the end is the temper tantrums when they finally start crossing the line into illegal, because no one can control him or his mouth.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Missionary Positron posted:

That seems, uh, kind of dumb. I can understand it from an emeregency perspective, i.e. potus/vp both die somehow and continuity of government needs to be secured, but wouldn't impeachment etc. be a textbook example of a scenario where new elections would also be wholly appropriate?

Why in the hell do you think anyone except these very same people would be the party frontrunners?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

btw Paul Manafort never registered as a foreign agent like he said he would

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

brains posted:

what effect will that have on trump himself? practically none. nothing sticks to the big man himself; he's proven time and time again he is amazingly slippery and will aggressively disown anything even tangentially damaging to his own name. the only thing that will get him in the end is the temper tantrums when they finally start crossing the line into illegal, because no one can control him or his mouth.

I think the big difference between donnie in the past and president trump is that all of his previous legal problems have either been civil or he's been able to settle. Good luck settling out of court when it comes with what amounts to treason (if they can connect him to collusion).

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
HNNNNGGGG

https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/862849567221534721

paper trails make me hot

Edit: Comey sounds like he'll talk when the time is right

https://www.propublica.org/article/...tent=1494530688

quote:

Comey himself declined my requests for an interview. Back in early January, however, he replied politely to a written interview request, acknowledging that he was aware of my “ongoing work.” He wrote from an email address whose whimsical name, he said, “the Russians may have a harder time guessing.”

Comey added a note of intrigue, suggesting that there were unappreciated complexities to the story that hadn’t yet become known: “You are right there is a clear story to tell — one that folks willing to actually listen will readily grasp — but I’m not ready to tell it just yet for a variety of reasons.”

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 12, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

jesus this lester holt interview

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

brains posted:

i find it hard to believe that they were straight up turned by russian agents. i give a lot of credit to the russians in this area- they have proven themselves exceptional talented at influencing and targeting individuals (sometimes literally) while avoiding direct evidence of their involvement. i think it's more likely that these three were either morally bankrupt, too stupid, or both to care where the money was actually coming from. that is by no means is to suggest that they are innocent- of course they had to suspect something was up, and i'm sure we'll see something down the line like evidence they were "approached out of nowhere" by some russia-affiliated group who suddenly wanted to put them on payroll.

Paul Manafort was straight up working for Viktor Yanukovych before Trump.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

http://www.politico.eu/article/europe-airlines-await-word-on-new-us-laptop-ban/

quote:

An expected expansion of the Trump administration’s laptop ban to include flights from Europe is causing heartburn among the travel industry and some European officials, who fear a logistical nightmare for millions of trans-Atlantic passengers just ahead of the summer vacation season.

Briefings Thursday for U.S. senators and the major domestic airlines ended with no announcements from the Department of Homeland Security about changes to the restrictions, which already prohibit passengers from carrying laptops, tablets and e-readers into the cabins of planes flying to the U.S. from 10 Middle Eastern airports. But European airline officials are “preparing behind the scenes” for DHS to announce that it’s expanding the ban to at least some airports there, an official from the trade group Airlines for Europe told POLITICO.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Aren't you barred from transporting devices with lithium ion batteries in checked baggage? So how the gently caress are people supposed to transport their laptops if they can't bring them in carryons?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

psydude posted:

Aren't you barred from transporting devices with lithium ion batteries in checked baggage? So how the gently caress are people supposed to transport their laptops if they can't bring them in carryons?

Batteries must be inserted into a body cavity for transport and TSA screener training.

Edit for Serious Comment:

Its generally spare batteries that are prohibited, and batteries over a certain mAH rating if I remember right. Batteries inside devices are still ok.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Watch it come out that one of Trump's cronies owns shares in Pelican Cases or some stupid poo poo. What threat is this ban even trying to stop?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

psydude posted:

Aren't you barred from transporting devices with lithium ion batteries in checked baggage?

No

As long as the batteries are in a device it's ok

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

psydude posted:

E;fb

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

nullscan posted:

Watch it come out that one of Trump's cronies owns shares in Pelican Cases or some stupid poo poo. What threat is this ban even trying to stop?

Laptop bombs.

This is not a joke, their afraid of the thing that Somali airline didn't catch because they use single view x-ray machines.

Odradek
May 23, 2007

Don't hate me because I'm cute
I talked with an FBI guy today at an intel exchange about Comey. He told me Comey is incredibly popular within the FBI because he supports leaders instead of the old guard senior people. He told me most folks at FBI are pretty pissed off about this and the mood in the Bureau is "toxic" right now. Other than that, it was a fun exchange...lots of cool high tech/future threat stuff.

quote="facialimpediment" post="472253765"]
HNNNNGGGG

https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/862849567221534721

paper trails make me hot

Edit: Comey sounds like he'll talk when the time is right

https://www.propublica.org/article/...tent=1494530688
[/quote]

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

nullscan posted:

There was an announcement that some groups had gotten ahold of TSA screening equipment and were working on designing explosives that wouldn't be immediately detectable and would fit I side a laptop iirc

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Spicy, when you get fired, sir based on reserves employment protections just for hilarity tia.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

US President Donald Trump thinks the F-35 fighter is "pretty cool," but he seems to be a bit confused over what the newest US warplanes have been up to in Japan.

In a White House interview with Time magazine published Thursday, Trump said almost three dozen of the stealth jets flew over Japan undetected during a visit to Tokyo by US Defense Secretary James Mattis in February.
"They had 35 of them fly over Japan ... and they were not detected by the radar. They flew over and everyone said where the hell did they come from? That's stealth. It's pretty cool, right," Time quotes Trump as saying in the interview.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

No way, no loving way in hell.

I mean, obviously yeah, but Jesus.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Shot!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863000553265270786
And!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863002719400976384
... chaser?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
but

the spice must flow?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Meanwhile the racist Keebler elf is moving to dispense with all of the Obama administrations criminal justice reforms.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a004_story.html

I can't imagine that there are any Trump donors who also run private prisons and are anticipating a boom in new "clients," nope, that's for sure.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

:siren:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/863007411132649473

:siren:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This'll get the Intelligence Community on his side for sure. No bridges burned here.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He probably tried to get Comey to admit to being gay on tape so he'd have something on him later.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

It'll just be a crudely edited tape ála Homer's Rock Bottom-interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqDP8SnPVA0

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/863020954427043840

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzNufNaVQo

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie called Saul.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/863032385029451777

I never post about Donnie, with few exceptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What the gently caress lmao

• Locked thread