Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I always liked the one about the girl whose brother brings home a hot guy and she woos him by extolling the wonders of their all-electric home.

It gives me the reds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
It makes me feel all... squishy.

That's actually how my dad labeled that episode when he taped it off Comedy Central: "The Violent Years/Squishy"

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Is it OK to find Mr. B Natural hot?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Egbert Souse posted:

Oh, wow....

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Egbert Souse posted:

Sober up, Jack Perkins.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Egbert Souse posted:

Don't ask, don't tell, but have a hell of a time!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Random thought I just had, if someone were to make a retro style video game based on MST3K, what kind of game would you want it to be?

Hard Mode: can't be a point and click adventure game(feels too obvious a choice)

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

drrockso20 posted:

Random thought I just had, if someone were to make a retro style video game based on MST3K, what kind of game would you want it to be?

Hard Mode: can't be a point and click adventure game(feels too obvious a choice)

Top down shooter. The bots and a host sit at the corner of a screen that doesn't move left or right, and riff on the game as it plays. Jokes about what enemy ships look like, jokes when you get a power up, jokes when you take damage or die, etc. Ships can be based on various mst3k movies.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

drrockso20 posted:

I'm vaguely hoping for a MST3k pinball machine.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

drrockso20 posted:

There's already the Manos 8-bit style platformer that includes references to other MST3K movies.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

drrockso20 posted:

A text adventure doesn't count as a point and click adventure game, right?

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Yes this is a good idea. Unlocking the 8 doors seems obvious and great.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

An grindey, badly translated JRPG that the bots come up and mock while you play it.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Quiz game where you have to match scenes with the correct riffs.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Crow: Hey Joel, can we name the wizard?
Joel: Oh, sure, Crow.
Tom: Oh, come on, he gets to do everything!
Crow: Hey, what gives? They don't even have enough letters for "DICKWEED?"
Joel: Okay, you guys, come on now.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

[A sketch in which Joel, Mike and Crow have tried to create what they think a Chain Sickle looks like]

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I remember years ago seeing a hack of I want to say Mega Man 3 with Tom Servo instead of Mega Man.

Obvious or not, the MST3K game would have to be a LucasArts-style point & click adventure, and I could see Telltale Games doing it justice. Maybe model the structure/plot of the game after the Season 8 plot with various movie genre-inspired planets, and theater sequences as a QTE minigame where the direction you press determines the tone of the next riff.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Okay guys, tell me one fact about a metal babble and you get a RAM chip."

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I think someone made a Manos: The Hands of Fate once although it was basically full of MST3K references because what else.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p78kaClcCvk

Also, IDK if anyone posted these yet, but looks like Crow and Servo hang out at the Netflix offices sometimes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obv_0VpimPc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot6NEtlwkRI

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Both of these feel a little half-baked, but the fact that they're making them means this is probably getting renewed. :unsmith:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Sure is nice of Kinga to let them air out every now and then.

I feel like someone or a few people at Netflix are just huge MSTie nerds and love having the Bots around.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Egbert Souse posted:

When I was younger I thought the insane daughter from Young Man's Fancy (Crinkle Cut French Fries) was crazy hot. And I had a leg up on Alexander Phipps because I wasn't named Alex Phipps.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

I guess I'm into men now.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
B Natural is hot, and Catching Trouble is my second favorite short. I do not find Ross sexy though :colbert:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

B Natural is basically every woman who ever played Peter Pan, except with a bizarre cartoon voice, so if that does it for you then, uh... fly your freak flag high, I guess.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

OH MY GOD, PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISN'T HAPPENING! :cry:

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

Rollersnake posted:

I remember years ago seeing a hack of I want to say Mega Man 3 with Tom Servo instead of Mega Man.

Obvious or not, the MST3K game would have to be a LucasArts-style point & click adventure, and I could see Telltale Games doing it justice. Maybe model the structure/plot of the game after the Season 8 plot with various movie genre-inspired planets, and theater sequences as a QTE minigame where the direction you press determines the tone of the next riff.

MST as a game would be so hard if you wanted to let the players participate in the riffing... It might be fun to let you play as the mads instead, somehow driving the choices that power an interactive movie that the bots responded to as you threw the switches to try and create a more and more terrible movie in real time? If the riffs could respond and "remember" what you did as you guided the plot of the movie, the riffs running like a very smart narrator from Bastion. That way you could have fun throwing a bunch of levers and having agency over something in the game, but also you could be surprised and delighted by the SOL crew's riffs like you are when you watch the show (but hopefully it's even more surprising since you're messing with the movie and testing the fences of how elaborately the reactive riff narration is).

ja2ke fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 12, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eczr3h-7_CQ

Here's another one.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
The two main ideas for games I had were as follows;

A Lost Vikings style platformer where you switch between Gypsy, Tom Servo, and Crow

A game in the vein of either Mario Kart or Mario Party, with all of the Hosts, Robots, and Mads as playable characters

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I like the Lost Vikings idea too. Mario Party, maybe. Mascot kart racer, ugh.

In any case, it would have to be a very chatty game that allowed for situational dialogue without being repetitive. You all remember the Gex series? There's a great example of this sort of thing done badly, as well as probably the closest thing to a MST3K platformer that ever existed.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

B Natural is basically every woman who ever played Peter Pan, except with a bizarre cartoon voice, so if that does it for you then, uh... fly your freak flag high, I guess.

Mary Jo talking about how all of them were scarred forever by watching Mike make out with Bridget while she was dressed as Mr. B Natural is a haunting image even in story description form.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I'm envisioning a VR headset game where you take the role of Cambot. You mostly just sit there and watch, and go back and forth through the doors every half hour or so, but every now and then you get to cue up music or overlay a special effect when one of the other characters requests it. Once in a great while, you can become Rocket Number Nine and experience the void of space.

And here's still another one of those Netflix bots videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYEPBLLmQTE

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This kills me every time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxhC-ZLlCyc&t=707s

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also the B Natural lady has a terrifying fake smile. You people are weirdos.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

drrockso20 posted:

A few years ago, there was a guy on Deviantart who made countless character drawings and profiles for a fictional fighting game called MST3K Beatdown, featuring Trumpy, Rowsdower, Dropo, Soultaker, Torgo, etc. I can't post it right now because I'm at work, but the "box art" image is absolutely fantastic.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Be careful washing that mug, even with all the groves, it's slippery. I almost broke it cleaning it before using it even!

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

Magic Hate Ball posted:

That would be incredible. Heck I would be happy with a retheme of Addams Family.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Personally, I'd just add the bots and friend to a weird/bad/riffable game. Like, Xenogears or Drakengard.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I remember Rebel Assault II having a MST mode complete with silhouette.

I'd like a GTA style sandbox game that let you play as MST characters and movie characters.

If you select Mitchell, he's really slow and needs Schlitz to regenerate. Or Trumpy can do magic things. Mr B Natural can teleport and dance to evade the Danger!! Death Ray being fired by Donald Pleasence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Egbert Souse posted:

What did they call it in the Amazing Colossal Episode Guide, Mary Martin Syndrome?