Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Rocketpriest posted:

. I just need to try the havoc trooper now that I finally have her to see if turians are great across the board.

If you actually spec into her gimmick, she's extremely fun. I don't know if she would be viable for Gold that way though.

Works best with Sniper-Rifles since you want to pop heads as quickly as possible to stay in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Eh, she's okay in her gimmick in gold. The fact that she gets bonus damage resistance and accuracy in air and can hover for days is great (I've gone from in the middle of the map to out of bounds before just slow hovering across the map killing things, conveniently bringing me right back to the middle of the map). The fact that you can't use cover in air is... less so.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Monolith. posted:

So the game is mostly fixed now?

Bugs aren't really fixed, but the MP balance is loving miles better now that most guns actually do damage.

Point-blank cloaked shot from a Ruzad X almost kills a Berserker. :stare:

This is too much fun now, how is Bioware gonna gently caress it up? Or are they just gonna roll out Platinum difficulty sooner?

e: Pursuant to the Havoc Trooper, the massive buff to Incinerate and the slight buff to Flak Cannon makes her an attractive alternative to the regular TurSol, with the caveat that the "hover gimmick" is not something you want to be relying on on Gold. I'd max out Incinerate and Turbocharge before doing anything else with her.

There are several classes I'm considering ignoring APEX Training (or other passives that don't add a whole lot). APEX Training in particular is a lot of small mediocre bonuses that I could make up for with boosters if I really cared.

precision fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 11, 2017

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

The update respeced my duelist! Played a few games before figuring it out. Anybody else have that problem?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
When I logged in yesterday it had a pop-up that a bunch of classes had been reset.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

BBQ Dave posted:

The update respeced my duelist! Played a few games before figuring it out. Anybody else have that problem?

It's a bug causing some classes to switch the tier 4-6 skills because Bioware.

At least respecs are pretty common.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.

Aleth posted:

When I logged in yesterday it had a pop-up that a bunch of classes had been reset.

It reset all Soldier and Sentinel classes for me tonight. Not bad if it's a free respec :v:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

BBQ Dave posted:

I did yesterday so I didn't use her and when I logged in today I got a notice that her powers were reset along with several other classes (human soldier, human sentinel, angara avenger, turian havoc, and asari sentinel off the top of my head), and indeed my points were all refunded.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hope they remembered to bring Wraiths with them on the Quarian Ark. God I miss that gun.

Thread title should have been "RIP Shotguns" but the new patch makes that somewhat less relevant.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I just got the new Turian, she? seems pretty cool. Not sure how to build her though.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Platinum difficulty needs to happen now that the rpg crowd is happy.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Zigmidge posted:

Platinum difficulty needs to happen now that the rpg crowd is happy.

As long as they bring back all the tech powers that are missing so we can get roving tech-death squads going:
Arc/Homing/Multi-Frag/Inferno Grenades
Carnage
Ballistic Blades
Sabotage
Submission Net
Havoc Strike
Stimulant Pack
Snap Freeze
etc

For having so much design space, they played it extremely safe with powers this time around and as said earlier, they just mix and matched them for the majority of the classes barring a few exceptions.

Edit: Enhanced Munitions Equipment is in the store for the next 15 hours:
"Increases Damage Deal by Combat Powers by 30%"
Doesn't really explain combat powers however.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 12, 2017

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

^^^combat powers are the red powers, like turbocharge, fortify, etc.

I had forgotten that Garrus's class in the ot was turian agent, what with the visor and everything it's almost like my bro for life is back in action in a galaxy far far away

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Thor-Stryker posted:

Edit: Enhanced Munitions Equipment is in the store for the next 15 hours:
"Increases Damage Deal by Combat Powers by 30%"
Doesn't really explain combat powers however.

Combat powers that deal damage include Concussive Shot, Frag Grenade, Flak Cannon, and Sticky Grenade.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Don't forget Fortify for when you want to run into the middle of a bunch of enemies and then turn off your defense! :shepface:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Digirat posted:

Don't forget Fortify for when you want to run into the middle of a bunch of enemies and then turn off your defense! :shepface:

Speccing KroVan for Priming Fortify Blast is actually quite good and cool. The Blast stuns and with Nova invincibility frames and Shock Trooper you can constantly be Priming and Charging to Explode. If you get bored, you can fire a gun.

The Ushior is... good?! As a backup weapon on an Infiltrator, now that I can get it up to 4 shots/clip, it's a good :fuckoff: button.

And yeah I'm really liking the Agent, being able to see where All The Enemies are makes her incredibly good at skirmishing and shooting dudes through walls is obviously awesome.

I tried the Indra (rank 5) on TurSol with a Sniper Rifle Amp 4 and holy poo poo everything just melted even when hip-fired.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Digirat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTCFir4IFlM

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

precision posted:

Bugs aren't really fixed, but the MP balance is loving miles better now that most guns actually do damage.

Point-blank cloaked shot from a Ruzad X almost kills a Berserker. :stare:

This is too much fun now, how is Bioware gonna gently caress it up? Or are they just gonna roll out Platinum difficulty sooner?

e: Pursuant to the Havoc Trooper, the massive buff to Incinerate and the slight buff to Flak Cannon makes her an attractive alternative to the regular TurSol, with the caveat that the "hover gimmick" is not something you want to be relying on on Gold. I'd max out Incinerate and Turbocharge before doing anything else with her.

There are several classes I'm considering ignoring APEX Training (or other passives that don't add a whole lot). APEX Training in particular is a lot of small mediocre bonuses that I could make up for with boosters if I really cared.

APEX training gives the most weapon damage bonuses (+28%) of any offensive passive, along with a 20% weakpoint bonus. The power damage bonuses are no joke either (+55%).

Not mediocre in any way.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

the turian agent is sans shoes, pretty hardcore

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Need that agent, hope I don't get drunk and buy andromeda points

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

I had to use up a bunch of power capacity consumables so I specced a soldier into grenade capacity and radius, then proceeded to murder ascendants all day

that's my story.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
lol my power cell specced soldier with the combat power upgrade, Frags may as well be Cobras at this point.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

AngryBooch posted:

lol my power cell specced soldier with the combat power upgrade, Frags may as well be Cobras at this point.

Welp, time to play my soldier again

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Error 404 posted:

My concussion shots are two shotting captains with no loving cooldown. Repeat concussion all day everyday.

edit: the only class I've needed to use an ammo pack consumable on too.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
It's not like you'd ever use those consumable otherwise. I only use them on the human soldier and human sentinel cos I spam the poo poo out of power cells.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zakmonster posted:

APEX training gives the most weapon damage bonuses (+28%) of any offensive passive, along with a 20% weakpoint bonus. The power damage bonuses are no joke either (+55%).

Not mediocre in any way.

I should clarify, I meant that only putting a few points into it doesn't get you a lot, and there are classes where I would definitely want everything else maxed first. I can't think of any class I'd leave it at 1 point for, but certainly many I'd leave it at 3/4

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The turian agent is a male turian.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Shaved his talons and buffed his fringe and everything.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

well yea, how could he be garrus otherwise?

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

He's Harris Vakarian.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Did they nerf Asari Adept's defense really hard to make up for her increased offensive? Yeah I'm playing Gold but I don't think I should be getting killed by three Outlaw bullets.

Also, Kett are still bullshit.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah, they cut down her shield by 50 and reduced the effectiveness of some of the Barrier evolutions. She's really very high-risk, high-reward now.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Zakmonster posted:

Yeah, they cut down her shield by 50 and reduced the effectiveness of some of the Barrier evolutions. She's really very high-risk, high-reward now.
BOO YOU WHORES :saddowns:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

BOO YOU WHORES :saddowns:
OTOH the power buffs have made her into an incredible murder machine.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Juggernaught Shield, it's not like the biotic amp directly effects the damage of biotic combos.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

AngryBooch posted:

Error 404 posted:

Please tell me how to build the Human Soldier (I assume you're talking about the Human Soldier) because I've been trying to level him all night and :negative: He's just... so, so loving boring compared to my level 20 Human Vanguard...

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

This game reminds me of those electromechanical pinball machines where the secret to high scores is to ignore the designed ruleset and abuse mechanical flaws in the scorekeeping reels.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Is the Huntress or Duelist the male Asari?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Houdini posted:

Is the Huntress or Duelist the male Asari?

...? What are you on about? There's nothing saying humans are the only ones allowed to have both genders in the MP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Playing Krogan Merc and rocking around with 10 Flak rounds is amazing. Bang motherfuckers, watch your humps.

• Locked thread