Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/therealbradg/status/862844506579783680

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Jota posted:

Imagine losing by 40 points in an elimination game on your home court with the other team missing two starters, one of whom is an MVP candidate.

That'd probably be pretty embarrassing.

both of whom are Finals MVP winners and the PG is replaced by a rookie

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

EvanTH posted:

both of whom are Finals MVP winners and the PG is replaced by a rookie
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/862846409824813057

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

look how the bulls got rolled versus the Spurs winning those two games, confirmed that Kawhi is a System Player and Rondo is the True MVP

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Jota posted:

Imagine losing by 40 points in an elimination game on your home court with the other team missing two starters, one of whom is an MVP candidate.

That'd probably be pretty embarrassing.

It'd be a tough thing to live down, for sure.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

this won dunk of the year right

here's all the angles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcSEdwoz2KY

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

This is so loving amazing

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

1) nice transition d harden lol way to live down to expectations
2) dejounte murray is pro-ana

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i hope kawhi heals himself and goes to the finals cause spurs vs lebron is so much better than seeing, hearing or being forced to recognize the existence of golden state warriors fans

E; oh no ive become that guy who bitches about possible matchups instead of just enjoying funny sporting things gently caress

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Bashez posted:

Everyone should be cheering for the Spurs to get the 1 seed so that Kawhi wins MVP. We don't want to look back at this like the Derrick Rose MVP where we let our emotions make a stupid decision.

This is something Bashez said a long time ago and interestingly enough this game PROVED it needs to be Westbrook as everyone reasonable was arguing all along

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

EvanTH posted:

This is something Bashez said a long time ago and interestingly enough this game PROVED it needs to be Westbrook as everyone reasonable was arguing all along

It probably should be Westbrook.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

It probably should be Westbrook.

Westbrook didn't miss a single shot in the 2nd round!

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

EvanTH posted:

I'm working on collating my post history into a book and if you continue doing this I will have to issue a cease and desist.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Yeah but Westbrook woulda shot 40 times regardless of outcome, that's real confidence!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Spurs win an elimination game without kawhi on the road by a poo poo load but this proves kawhi should be mvp HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Metapod posted:

Spurs win an elimination game without kawhi on the road by a poo poo load but this proves kawhi should be mvp HMMMMMMMMMMMM

ewing theory bitch

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Rockets would've been better off with Harden shooting 40 times than what just happened.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Like I said earlier, a second round loss was probably the best realistic outcome for the Rockets this year, but drat that was an embarrassing roll-over to end the season. Pop owns D'antoni's soul.

Which team will hilariously overpay Jonathan Simmons this summer?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Paul Zuvella posted:

who the gently caress is red panda

You philistine

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Bashez posted:

I'm working on collating my post history into a book and if you continue doing this I will have to issue a cease and desist.

I looked for the posts instead of watching the last 2 minutes of the game hah

maybe after the 30th consecutive 50 win season you'll admit your team is good

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Blind Pineapple posted:

Like I said earlier, a second round loss was probably the best realistic outcome for the Rockets this year, but drat that was an embarrassing roll-over to end the season. Pop owns D'antoni's soul.

I'm 100% aboard the mid range shots are evil bandwagon but no backup plan when your opponent runs you off the three point line and then hugs the lane is just bad basketball.

EvanTH posted:

I looked for the posts instead of watching the last 2 minutes of the game hah

maybe after the 30th consecutive 50 win season you'll admit your team is good

If the Spurs win 50 games a season until I'm dead I'll make a post about how good they are.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't believe that the simon sez guy is a loving thing, i saw that dude do halftime at a northwestern-depaul game and thought they had scraped the bottom of the barrel for the 85 people in the stands and not that the guy was a regular halftime entertainer. The best halftime I've seen (other than Red Panda) was a bunch of tiny kids doing fancy dribbling that ended with them spinning basketballs on their faces with these like 10-foot poles, it was insane.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Femur posted:

Yeah but Westbrook woulda shot 40 times regardless of outcome, that's real confidence!

A perfect fit in the D'Antoni system tho

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Blind Pineapple posted:

Stop the poaching, man. :( we're not even the champions, it's not fair. I've lost too many brothers to Spurs human trafficking, Bobo, Boban, and the only one that worked out was Mavs inside job saboteur Dejuan Blair. Someone overpay Ian Clark or Derrick Williams or something

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
at least Westbrook willed his teams into the games before he lost them in the last 5 minutes

repostin':
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/862866960731619328

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

Dexo posted:

Mods rename this thread to "Help"

yes I know

The entire Rockets team, postgame: "I thought it said 'HELF'..."

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/StuSource/status/862860532205985792

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Rockets Bitch

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

leftist heap posted:

A perfect fit in the D'Antoni system tho

Yeah, it wasn't criticism. I was wondering why harden didn't feel the desire to switch to heroball mode. Dude has lead the league in scoring 3/4 years, was real thirsty for that MVP; where did that glory hound go? like try to seem like you want to be the hero. Who cares if some giactric dude blocks you a few times, or fail and people point to your 40 shots. You got that security blanket beard. Feel something out there that shows you don't care about the consequences.

Femur fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 12, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ok with all that outta the way let's go cavs

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/StuSource/status/862851936239984640

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

m Bison yes

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/StuSource/status/862630127380955137

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
There's a picture of Mike D'Antoni in the Pop's attic that has like 6 O'Brien trophies

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's a joke just like the Rockets were tonight

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
what

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trade Harden back to the Thunder for I don't know loving Kanter or something

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Trade Harden back to the Thunder for I don't know loving Kanter or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

All jokes aside, how did that team win 55 games? Was it because regular season games don't give you enough time to prep for the Rockets' Moreyball style?

• Locked thread