Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

What's a good strategy for the cannon guys in Silver Road if my team there is Ries, Kloe, Julia and Mueller? Besides loading autosave anyway.

Have everyone start in the back. Pray to RNG after giving Mueller an Action 3 that he goes before the boss. Use Ragna Bind to pull the boss to you. The boss' opening buff will now hit none of the adds. La Forte/Attack Order and S-break them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
The other easy solution is negate deathblows and spread out. They do a sizable amount of damage but nothing that can't be healed up. Coincidentally, the deathblow-counter item is in the monument shop.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

AnEndcat posted:

Have everyone start in the back. Pray to RNG after giving Mueller an Action 3 that he goes before the boss. Use Ragna Bind to pull the boss to you. The boss' opening buff will now hit none of the adds. La Forte/Attack Order and S-break them.

Oh drat I didn't even consider that move. I'll try that, thanks.

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

Oh drat I didn't even consider that move. I'll try that, thanks.

The pull part will also work through the buff if the boss gets it out and you want to drag one over for a quick focus fire death or something without getting in range of the others, though then you've also got a horrible melee monster right next to you if you fail so mileage may vary?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Wooo, finally beat Nightmare arena.

*looks at Soul quartz*

... so what the heck does this do? Does it like convert any EP healing or something?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Supremezero posted:

*looks at Soul quartz*

... so what the heck does this do? Does it like convert any EP healing or something?

It drains 6 EP and grants 2 CP each turn, until you reach 200.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Really Pants posted:

It drains 6 EP and grants 2 CP each turn, until you reach 200.

That's a lot better than I thought.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's weird having more than one good quartz for Agate and Zin's restricted slots.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Hmm.

Who's B?

Maybe it's Bleublanc, invading our chest messages.

Edit: Oh, another one from "S"

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 12, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's xseed staff. "B" is the lead editor.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

B is Brittany, aka Hatsuu, the lead on Cold Steel 1, 2 and 3rd.

S is Sara, the programmer for FC/SC and 3rd.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Is Star Door 10 bugged? I went through it and got the "Side Story Complete" sign, but I didn't get the reward and it's not marked as complete in my notebook.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Is Star Door 10 bugged? I went through it and got the "Side Story Complete" sign, but I didn't get the reward and it's not marked as complete in my notebook.

Have you returned to the Garden yet?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Alard posted:

Have you returned to the Garden yet?

I was literally returning to the Garden as I read this post.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
These cannons are very fast

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Beat the game. Wooo.

Series End Cards suck. Stop reminding me that it's over, dammit!

At least this one promises more. ... 9 years in the past, in which time 4 more games have come out in Japan with a 5th on the way.

Do we have any guaranteed future releases here? I don't remember if XSEED promised ToCS3. Better not make that title card a liar to America!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Unless the company gets absorbed or shut down I kinda think it's a given considering CS3 is on PS4 and Trails 3rd was PC-only. Plus they're redubbing a chunk of CS1 and all.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

AnEndcat posted:

The pull part will also work through the buff if the boss gets it out and you want to drag one over for a quick focus fire death or something without getting in range of the others, though then you've also got a horrible melee monster right next to you if you fail so mileage may vary?

It only took me a couple tries before Mueller went first, so thanks for the idea. Kind of a cheaty method for it, but it feels like that's what it expects at times.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
they're going to localize more. falcom's got continuing interest in releasing the series overseas, and the games sell pretty well for xseed, so there's no reason cold steel 3 wouldn't happen

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Do you get anything extra for winning the fight in Star Door 1?

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Not really, just a filled out monster book entry if you care about that stuff.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Now I'm reading that if you get the Jinu for Anelace and beat Nightmare Arena with her, it upgrades into the strongest weapon in the game. Is that really true?

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Really Pants posted:

Now I'm reading that if you get the Jinu for Anelace and beat Nightmare Arena with her, it upgrades into the strongest weapon in the game. Is that really true?

Yes.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

drat. I sold the Jinu because it was weaker than the sword you get in the final dungeon. Now I'm replaying on Nightmare and I can't win the Star Door 5 fight to save my life. :saddowns:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cold steel 3's absolutely happening, the only question mark at this point is we'll ever get azure/zero.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Zero can happen if stuff sells well. Azure is the hurdle, iirc

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Koguma posted:

Zero can happen if stuff sells well. Azure is the hurdle, iirc

Technically true, but there's no way on earth they're doing Zero if they can't do Azure.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Really Pants posted:

drat. I sold the Jinu because it was weaker than the sword you get in the final dungeon. Now I'm replaying on Nightmare and I can't win the Star Door 5 fight to save my life. :saddowns:

Along these lines, are there other things that you shouldn't sell? Like the weapons you get in Chapter 3, for example?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Not that I know of. Those weapons don't do anything special, they're just another upgrade. You do need the Fortune quartz to open Moon Door 5 from what I've read, but you wouldn't be selling unique quartz anyway.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Really Pants posted:

Dunno about strongest, but: it has the same STR as the corresponding Zemurian Or weapon, 20 less def (IIRC) and extra bonuses to all the other stats.

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

I believe the droppable katana has a better STR, but uh don't farm for those unless you hate yourself.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

My understanding is that Falcom and Xseed have been in frequent communication over Cold Steel, and most likely built a groundwork for 3 during 1 and 2. Unless the Black Orbment acts up and deletes the data, we should be fine.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Finally finished it. Really unique Trails game. Between being ditched in an isolated place that you're basically exploring floor by floor with a base where your other companions are hanging out and unlocking checkpoints along the way where you can warp to, as well as the backstory being often told in scenes between chapters, I got a major Ys Origin vibe from this game. Aside from the memory doors of course.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Have they said if cold steel 3 is still using PhyreEngine? If so we might see a PC release for it as well

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ohtsam posted:

Have they said if cold steel 3 is still using PhyreEngine? If so we might see a PC release for it as well

No word either way, I think. But the impression Falcom seems to be giving is that they want the West to be able to make PC ports, so...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
even if it doesn't use the phyreengine specifically, console releases this gen are way easier to port to pc than most ps3 games are

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I believe they're still sticking with the PhyreEngine for Cold Steel 3, though probably a newer version than the one they used for the first two games.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Finished it as well. Fantastic game as I've come to expect from the series. Death turn bonuses being constant was quite a nuisance though when fighting random crap and are not trying to get the first strike because you want to move on. Richard is the MVP though that got ridiculous fast. Tita comes in second because of her new Craft being awesome as well.

I found it funny how big the perceived difference in some scenes it when it comes to horrible poo poo. On the one hand nobody even got hurt when the Aureole went down and some fishermen simply got wet and on the other hand you have Star Door 15 :stonk:

That was not something I'd thought I'd ever see in an JRPG.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Trails rule: If It happens in the present, almost no one gets hurt, if it happened in the past, it was probably more brutal than genre standard dark past stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Trails taking inspiration from One Piece i see.