Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Why did they buy all these hats saying otherwise then? Masochism?
I think the hats are gang tags and the slogan is actually very cynical. People who wear them are almost always the type who thinks they are "real Americans" and that other people aren't. From there it becomes kind of obvious that they're just supporting their team, and even using the old slogans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

"You're really loving stupid" and "you had no idea of the political leanings of a filthy rich rear end in a top hat who has been aggressively in the media for 40 years" are not incompatible.

I guess you are forgetting that whole "he's a democrat and was planted by the Clintons to gently caress over the Republicans", huh?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahkMA6JPOHU

I wonder if John Oliver wrote him that check?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Not really a fan of tweetstorms but this pretty much sums up Trump for me:

https://twitter.com/drvox/status/862373905377492992

He's just firing on all synapses and while he lies, he is not aware that he lies. He's more like a goldfish floating in a fish tank, and because he's basically running entirely on impulse, everyone is confused and seeking conspiratorial (or "4th dimensional chess") explanations for what are a series of haphazard decisions, the justifications for which keep changing by the hour.

Here's an example from an interview with Trump the other day. He says "prime the pump" and then claims credit for coining the phrase, even though you can look it up and see Trump using the phrase for months. But is Trump lying? Not really. It just felt good in the moment and there's no rationale to it.

quote:

Another part of your overall plan, the tax reform plan. Is it OK if that tax plan increases the deficit? Ronald Reagan’s tax reform didn’t.

Trump: Well, it actually did. But, but it’s called priming the pump. You know, if you don’t do that, you’re never going to bring your taxes down. Now, if we get the health-care [bill through Congress], this is why, you know a lot of people said, “Why isn’t he going with taxes first, that’s his wheelhouse?” Well, hey look, I convinced many people over the last two weeks, believe me, many Congressmen, to go with it. And they’re great people, but one of the great things about getting health care is that we will be saving, I mean anywhere from $400bn to $900bn.

Mr Mnuchin: Correct.

Trump: That all goes into tax reduction. Tremendous savings.

But beyond that it’s OK if the tax plan increases the deficit?

Trump: It is OK, because it won’t increase it for long. You may have two years where you’ll…you understand the expression “prime the pump”?

Yes.

Trump: We have to prime the pump.

It’s very Keynesian.

Trump: We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?

Priming the pump?

Trump: Yeah, have you heard it?

Yes.

Trump: Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just…I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It’s what you have to do.

http://www.economist.com/Trumptranscript

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Poetic Justice posted:

I guess you are forgetting that whole "he's a democrat and was planted by the Clintons to gently caress over the Republicans", huh?

I guess you are forgetting that whole forty loving years he was all over televisions babbling about politics, huh?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKbZMIP4XUE

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Narcissism yes, but if he was a sociopath I think he'd be more cunning? Sociopaths seem like they have enough self-awareness to know they're lying (and they enjoy doing it), where Trump has no "theory of mind" at all.

Not really. The cunning sociopath thing is only there because those guys usually end up doing something infamous and you never stop hearing about them. There isn't a direct correlation. You can be a super genius sociopath or some run of the mill average sociopath, or a complete dunce sociopath. The prisons are filled with them.

Harrower fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 12, 2017

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

I guess you are forgetting that whole forty loving years he was all over televisions babbling about politics, huh?

He was babbling about politics on TV for 40 years!? So it should be easy to provide, say 20 youtube videos where he is talking about politics on a station that has a large audience like CNN, MSNBC FOX etc etc?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Poetic Justice posted:

I'm losing interest! That's why I didn't answer the question, this isn't DnD. I will say that a vast majority of the information regarding Trumps "wrong-doing", are exaggerated, mostly non existent or even completely fabricated. I'm not going to assume he's guilty of anything until I see proof. None of this "Unnamed", "unknown", "anonymous", "unverified", "uncorroborated", "suggests", "implies", "assume" poo poo that fills nearly every single article about him.

I'm sorry you're losing interest in the discussion. If you want, I can give you a list of the verified 'wrong doings' that we know of, for a fact, by now. Would it help at all? See, my problem is you putting an image forward of the enlightened spirit who sees past The Matrix (not unlike someone like Alex Jones, but to a lesser degree obviously), ignoring the false narratives and being a media renaissance man verifying every aspect of incoming information yourself.

But as soon as there are actual facts working against the inherent biases you claim not to have, the discussion loses interest. Questions won't be answered because reasons. And you will simply double down, avoiding any and all specifics. That's not enlightened thinking or progressive media consumption, that's just being a poser.

Poetic Justice posted:

I'm done now tyvm :)

In that case: nice meltdown.

I don't even know if this is aimed at me but who's saying the election is rigged at this point? The only one saying that right now is Donald Trump himself.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm sorry you're losing interest in the discussion. If you want, I can give you a list of the verified 'wrong doings' that we know of, for a fact, by now. Would it help at all?

Yes list them, please.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Poetic Justice posted:

Yes list them, please.

I thought you were done now tyvm? Discussion back on?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I thought you were done now tyvm? Discussion back on?

I won't respond to it for awhile, but list them!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The President of the United States is a goddamn moron and so is literally everyone who voted for him.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Poetic Justice posted:

He was babbling about politics on TV for 40 years!? So it should be easy to provide, say 20 youtube videos where he is talking about politics on a station that has a large audience like CNN, MSNBC FOX etc etc?

here's a start, dipshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5VEjF1uhYo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-w47wgdhso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8wJc7vHcTs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmClYIQqEn8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXZ-ydyUAXY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZpMJeynBeg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usb0iE5WiZI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soNbfTYMb24

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

why don't you do your own homework lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LA LA LA HE WAS AN UNKNOWN LA LA LA HE CAME OUTTA NOWHERE LA LA LA I HAVE MY FINGERS IN MY EARS AND IM REAL DUMB LA LA LA

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Poetic Justice posted:

I won't respond to it for awhile, but list them!

Dope, then I too will put little effort into this and keep it super simple for now with a verifiable list of lies, where the website's narrative is inconsequential as you can simply check the truth for yourself:
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/
https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeorgantopoulos/president-trump-lie-list?utm_term=.gr28Ga4Xr9#.plJ2zrOklJ
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims/

And this is just the political comments coming straight from his mouth. This doesn't include vague claims of potential future deals, claims of the invention of decades old phrases, and the many lies told by the President's proxies and direct mouth pieces.

The outsider doesn't play the political game, he says it like it is. Except when it isn't.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Poetic Justice posted:

:qq: stop being mean to little ol' donald :qq:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

COMRADES posted:

I hope that Trump does a good job

Why would you hope that?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

COMRADES posted:

And has that materially affected you in any way or are you just kind of saying that in hopes that 4-6 years from now it will somehow result in a job for you?

Like what has this fool actually done? He's a reality TV show star and is acting as such and it's amazing how quickly people gobble his nuts down. Why? He's just talked a bunch of poo poo some of which has stuck to the wall, appointed cronies to almost all positions, and done jack poo poo all except flail around in the mud over something that happened 6 months ago.

dude to be fair it's been four months of a four year term plus the last guy didn't really do anything that would help the common guy either

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Comrades hair-pulling frantic multi page meltdown arguing with trolls is the best evidence I've seen that he is in fact Moridin

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
It's funny how no one can come with examples of why Trump is good.

It always amount to "well he's not Hillary/Obama" which objectively means absolutely nothing.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It always amount to "well he's not Hillary/Obama" which objectively means absolutely nothing.

he didn't install a unilateral No-Fly Zone over Syria, which was one of Hillary Clinton's stated campaign goals and would have brought us into a direct military confrontation with a nuclear armed state

he also exposed the media for the shills that they are, as they are asking tougher questions of him than they ever did of his predecessor

beyond that anything else is gravy

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
The questions being tougher to him are because is more of an idiot

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The questions being tougher to him are because is more of an idiot

Trump bad because is more of an idiot

grrrrrrr

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

Trump bad because is more of an idiot

grrrrrrr

I understand it's the US but yeah; usually it's bad to put an idiot as president. No matter how much it pleases the uneducated voters to be able to identify to an idiot who became rich because America.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

-vanquished multiple dynasties and slimy upstarts

-fount of lol

-will bungle the republican platform for 8 years

-breaks brains regularly

-hot wife

-has done more than any president to erode public's trust in the office, the party, and sit-on-hands opposition

e:
-enrages the deep state

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 12, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I understand it's the US but yeah; usually it's bad to put an idiot as president. No matter how much it pleases the uneducated voters to be able to identify to an idiot who became rich because America.

I was making fun of your typo but thank you for steamrolling right through that

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Toadvine posted:

Comrades hair-pulling frantic multi page meltdown arguing with trolls is the best evidence I've seen that he is in fact Moridin

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Yug posted:

The intelligence community seems to hate Trump and the CIA are the most evil people on the face of the earth so that's another reason I'm glad Trump won.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VikingSkull posted:

I was making fun of your typo but thank you for steamrolling right through that

Please be nice, he is a foreigner and I don't think English is his first language

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
oh yea thats another for the list of why trumps good:

-enrages the deep state

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

he didn't install a unilateral No-Fly Zone over Syria, which was one of Hillary Clinton's stated campaign goals and would have brought us into a direct military confrontation with a nuclear armed state
So when someone says Trump will turn the country into a dictatorship they are pointlessly overreacting, but when you say that Hillary would start a full-scale ground war with loving Russia, that's real and true and completely logical.

Nice meme

VikingSkull posted:

he also exposed the media for the shills that they are, as they are asking tougher questions of him than they ever did of his predecessor
No he didn't do anything of the sort?

And forcing him to remember what he ate for breakfast is a tougher question for him, so no poo poo.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

VikingSkull posted:

I forget, is firing 59 missiles at Syria a direct military confrontation?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I forget, is firing 59 missiles at Syria a direct military confrontation?

that depends does assad have nukes now

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I remember the noble liberals who were upset that Trump didn't kill enough people with those missiles

"He's incompetent! Body count! We need body count!"

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Have a little game; how many of these descriptions could fit to Donald Trump recent behavior?

1. Subtle short-term memory changes
2. Difficulty finding the right words
3. Changes in mood
4. Apathy
5. Difficulty completing normal tasks
6. Confusion
7. Difficulty following storylines
8. A failing sense of direction
9. Being repetitive
10. Struggling to adapt to change

You've just described yourself! Poor goat.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Trump is not repetitive at all, unlike his critics...

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Yeah. The CIA are the worst people on earth. Not the people beheading children and video taping it or making them behead eachother, or the men who repeatedly beat and rape women and are systemically supported by a society of poo poo. It's the CIA

Definitely not all those people that literally enslave women into sex before they die at 22 from drug overdoses administered by their kidnappers. Or the people that keep children in sweatshops until they die from physical exhaustion. Or the North Koreans running the literal labor death camps that anyone they decide "said A bad thing" about the government.

It's the CIA. Trump supporters are living in a loving delusional reality and everyone is suffering for it. If you think that some old piece of poo poo lying about saving money on F35 Jets and "literally saving your middle class friends lives from total and utter obliteration" by a free trade deal that may or may not have had the effects you think it would have and definitely is not as detrimental as what will happen to your friends because of trump, before that alleged annihilation of their lives and properties because of the TPP would have taken place.

Embrace the chaos realm people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bob NewSCART posted:

Yeah. The CIA are the worst people on earth. Not the people beheading children and video taping it or making them behead eachother, or the men who repeatedly beat and rape women and are systemically supported by a society of poo poo. It's the CIA

Hmm so would you say that Trump supporters wrongly believe in the innocence of muslims?

• Locked thread