Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

What is the status of the White Wolf ip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Europa Universalis: Rome 2: At The Gates.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

OperaMouse posted:

What is the status of the White Wolf ip?

time travelling to the 90s

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

V for Vegas posted:

Third Rome announced

Weird that they're skipping 2 and going straight to 3

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

This is very strange, since he seemingly still runs Conifer Games, a Michigan-based studio he founded to make At the Gates. He posted an update on the 7th with a detailed roadmap for AtG, which also stated that he will be doing something with some other people soon, which I guess was a reference to this. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonshafer/jon-shafers-at-the-gates/posts/1879147

Not very impressed that the dude pretty much went incommunicado for 18+ months on his kickstarter.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

V for Vegas posted:

Press conference at PDXCON on at the moment

- EU4: Third Rome announced

I skimmed this and thought that Rome 2 was confirmed :saddowns:

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Fintilgin posted:

Not very impressed that the dude pretty much went incommunicado for 18+ months on his kickstarter.

Yes lol, dude needs to finish his first game before starting on a second

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Kavak posted:

a real long term thing for a game that won't see the light of day until towards the end of the decade.

You must be talking about the video game "At the Gates"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

V for Vegas posted:

- EU4: Third Rome announced - 1st "immersion" pack for EU4 focused on Russia.
- Jon Shafer joining Paradox to work on 'unannounced' game.
- Paradox publishing a Battletech game.
- Paradox publishing a Mars city building game by the Tropico devs

I assume the Battletech one is the Harebrained one, right?

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

Weird that they're skipping 2 and going straight to 3

It's in full 3D VR that's why

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

It's in full 3D VR that's why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1_bp8YKUPU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I assume the Battletech one is the Harebrained one, right?

I was wondering the other day what happened to Harebrained's Battletech game. I saw it live at PAX Prime last year and it seemed like it was close to being completed.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

I was wondering the other day what happened to Harebrained's Battletech game. I saw it live at PAX Prime last year and it seemed like it was close to being completed.

Well it is being published by PDX at the least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfM9otjBSII

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

V for Vegas posted:

- EU4: Third Rome announced - 1st "immersion" pack for EU4 focused on Russia.
- Jon Shafer joining Paradox to work on 'unannounced' game.
- Paradox publishing a Battletech game.
- Paradox publishing a Mars city building game by the Tropico devs

I guess the new Paradox thing is to set up with developers, who hasn't had the best publishers before.

I look forward to the Mars game, without Kalypso's foul DLC, no-patches gently caress you policies.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

RagnarokZ posted:

I guess the new Paradox thing is to set up with developers, who hasn't had the best publishers before.

I look forward to the Mars game, without Kalypso's foul DLC, no-patches gently caress you policies.

I wonder if we will finally get a game where 200 people don't cause US metropolitan levels of gridlock.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

This is very strange, since he seemingly still runs Conifer Games, a Michigan-based studio he founded to make At the Gates. He posted an update on the 7th with a detailed roadmap for AtG, which also stated that he will be doing something with some other people soon, which I guess was a reference to this. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonshafer/jon-shafers-at-the-gates/posts/1879147

Not really. Independent contracting is a huge thing in the video game industry. Contracting to work on one title does not mean you need to abandon your other work or stop running your own company.

Then again, paradox could buy him out of ATG too.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Paradox could set up a branch office in Göteborg and publish At The Gates through them just to make googling even harder.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Paradox con has been very fun so far. Even got a cute little blorg! And a blorg car freshener.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

So Vicky 3 not being announced at pdxcon just means that they're waiting until E3 so they can debut it at the big stage it deserves, right?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

The golden ticket fangathering yesterday was pretty dang fun, and there's some real cool & chill dudes around who were an absolute delight to talk to. The devs themselves present were superb conversationalists- shoutout to Groogy, who had a circle around him listening intently the entire time- and I ended up in a back corner of the gathering with Jamor, the current project lead for Stellaris, who spent most of the time talking about Hearts of Iron mechanics.

There was, however, also man wearing a MLP sweatshirt and a dogtag with nothing but a fasces on it, talking about how much he loves playing as communists in HoI4.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You should have said hello to me

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

algebra testes posted:

You should have said hello to me

Hello.

Will say hello to you today if I see you there. But I might not know who you are, so it could be tough.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I can't work out if I have been out joked on my don't doxx me joke.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ofaloaf posted:

There was, however, also man wearing a MLP sweatshirt and a dogtag with nothing but a fasces on it, talking about how much he loves playing as communists in HoI4.

Sounds like the average Paradox player.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I am pretty sure they would never even pretend to be communist.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ofaloaf posted:

The golden ticket fangathering yesterday was pretty dang fun, and there's some real cool & chill dudes around who were an absolute delight to talk to. The devs themselves present were superb conversationalists- shoutout to Groogy, who had a circle around him listening intently the entire time- and I ended up in a back corner of the gathering with Jamor, the current project lead for Stellaris, who spent most of the time talking about Hearts of Iron mechanics.

That guy owns

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Two secret paradox titles are codenamed Hadrian and Titus.

So... obviously Rome 2 and Rome 3.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Fellblade posted:

You mean Rome 2 and Barbarian Invasion.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Seriously though, it is interesting that since Stellaris was Project Augustus and if they are going in order of Emperors, that means there's 8 potential titles before whatever Henrik (Hadrian) is now working on and 3 more before whatever John Schafer's new team (Titus) is working on.

I'd assume a lot of those are mini-prototypes that get shelved early on, but still fun 'fact'.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Fellblade posted:

AGEOD will come back and make Great Invasions 2

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I... kinda doubt they're going down the list in order, unless they especially wanted some of their titles to be saddled with being called project Caligula and project Nero.

do we know if any more games are being announced?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
I've heard Project Nero is going to be a historical themed guitar hero clone but with fiddles

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Enjoy posted:

I've heard Project Nero is going to be a historical themed guitar hero clone but with fiddles

I thought Paradox tried to be historically accurate with their games

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Koramei posted:

I... kinda doubt they're going down the list in order, unless they especially wanted some of their titles to be saddled with being called project Caligula and project Nero.

Dude we make games where you can be literally Hitler

Do you really think we care

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Koramei posted:

do we know if any more games are being announced?

reminder that pdox literally has a majestic stalin portrait in one of their conference rooms

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Can someone tell me how Jon Shafer got a job anywhere let alone at Paradox after ruining the Civilization series and then ripping off Kickstarter? I need to know how to replicate his ability to fail upwards for my own personal life.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Enjoy posted:

And Caligula is the hentai card game game Martin is working on.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I like that the third sentence in Mr. Shafer's Wikipedia article is about his Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Another PDXCon, another year with no mention of Victoria 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

Another PDXCon, another year with no mention of Victoria 3.

Someone didn't watch the Cities Skylines competition.

Janissary Hop posted:

Can someone tell me how Jon Shafer got a job anywhere let alone at Paradox after ruining the Civilization series and then ripping off Kickstarter? I need to know how to replicate his ability to fail upwards for my own personal life.

Some people actually like the new Civilization games.