Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

I love that there was a controversial operation with that name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/751056973660127233

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Baloogan posted:

also trump topped yesterday with those tweets

i just woke up (6 am!) so my brain isn't quite formed yet to break resoundingly but it will

trump's twetets are like an anvil over my head, just waiting for me to fully wake up to fall

i also had a dream about lowtax and the forums being shut down but we all moved to outside lowtaxes house and he didn't let any of us in

Is a twetet what tweets are called in Canukistan

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/TedGenoways/status/863021989535076353

https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2016/09/22/china-moves-reopen-market-us-beef

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I like to imagine Trump is mad that Obama used executive privilege to get to see one of the fast and furious movies a week before its premiere.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't know why people kept saying Twitter would never bring the world anything good, it's about to end America

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I like to imagine Trump is mad that Obama used executive privilege to get to see one of the fast and furious movies a week before it's premiere.

rightfully angry if true

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

remember fast and furious lol

what a ridiculous "scandal"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
<thread> 4 score and 7 yrs ago our fathers brought forth

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/863028391410270208

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Comey standing watch over drugged out Ashcroft, combined with everything else that has happened convinces me that he thinks of himself as a white knight, upholding the law regardless of politics. Which is endearing if it weren't for the fact that there never was such a thing as apolitical and there sure as gently caress isn't now.

All of the things that are coming to light have mostly raised my estimation of Comey. Yes, he hosed up by assuming Hillary was going to win and writing an rear end-cover letter to people he should have known would leak it.

But he does seem to have redeemed himself with the speed at which this Russia thing is coming down. That trip to the rocket docket was just in time, and I bet he's got the whole thing nicely laid out once the time comes to put his cards on the table.

What's that you say? He's scheduled to testify at a closed Senate Intel session on Tuesday?

Get the gently caress in.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

how does this even work

"im negatively referencing another person i actually think is good"

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

:lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All he ever wanted to do was befriend Dwayne

And now Dwayne's about to beat him for the presidency

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

babypolis posted:

how does this even work

people *like* nixon

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

babypolis posted:

how does this even work

Do not look for a coherent thought beyond "THIS will piss of those liberals"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chris James 2 posted:

All he ever wanted to do was befriend Dwayne

And now Dwayne's about to beat him for the presidency

I wanna see Easy D get the People's Elbow

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

FabioClone posted:

It's vitally important that the most mentally ill among us have guns. I can't stress this enough.

Good news! The most mentally ill among us has access to nuclear weapons!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ahahahahahahah

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
"Tappes"

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

OR ELSE

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
at some point Ryan has to realize that trump is hindering his ability to take away health care from 24 million people and give tax cuts to billionaires and dump trump in favor of Pence right... right.,, righ...((&

TRUMP!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Relevant Tangent posted:

The FBI isn't secret police in any sense of the term.

It is though.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

mdemone posted:

All of the things that are coming to light have mostly raised my estimation of Comey. Yes, he hosed up by assuming Hillary was going to win and writing an rear end-cover letter to people he should have known would leak it.

But he does seem to have redeemed himself with the speed at which this Russia thing is coming down. That trip to the rocket docket was just in time, and I bet he's got the whole thing nicely laid out once the time comes to put his cards on the table.

What's that you say? He's scheduled to testify at a closed Senate Intel session on Tuesday?

Get the gently caress in.

What the gently caress is this lol

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

lmao someone buy this man an account

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

who cares about the p tape gimme the :q: tape

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

Literally every course of action available to Comey from the minute EMAILS!!!! became a thing, was bad. I think he did the best he could, and his plan was to stay afloat as long as possible while the FBI tried to get us to the mattering.

Unfortunately, he didn't bank on piss baby president being dumb enough to think that firing the FBI director in the middle of an ongoing investigation would have been not such a big deal.

Comey sold out his credibility to save himself from Republican scrutiny in a world where Hilary was elected president and didn't blush about throwing soundbites to Republicans during the FBI investigation, even if the Republicans were too bloodthirsty to appreciate anything short of an indictment. Comey is a weaselly old guard Republican shill who is suddenly surprised when his Faustian bargain to save his hide had unanticipated consequences.

His firing is a travesty, but I don't feel any sympathy for the guy himself or understand why people try to play him up like he's some kind of saint.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

comey tried to thread the needle and pissed off both sides what a dumbass

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

it is possible for both comey to be a huge, stupid piece of poo poo and also for trump to be a hyuger piss of poo poo nixon for firing him

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Fast and Furious is still a big deal in TFR I think.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Leftishly "If I keep saying dumb poo poo that discredits my ideology surely they'll come around to the correct beliefs."

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

kaleedity posted:

it is possible for both comey to be a huge, stupid piece of poo poo and also for trump to be a hyuger piss of poo poo nixon for firing him

It's true. Sometimes people can be more complex than simply angels or devils.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

kaleedity posted:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
So dumb question:

If the FBI is now moving quickly because they are running out of time, isn't that bad? I mean, if they rush, they'll get sloppy. If they get sloppy, that benefits the Trump administration.

I get they're in a lovely position, but still, if you swing at the king and all that.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

In 2 years:

Some jackoff: "Huh, turns out he was mentally unfit to be president, who knew?"
Me: "I DIDDDD!!" :ssj:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

MariusLecter posted:

Fast and Furious is still a big deal in TFR I think.

they wanted those guns :mad:

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

jarofpiss posted:

i get the impression comey actually does have integrity and tries to do the right thing. too bad he decided to be a real tall pig instead of doing something good with his life

agent_wildflower posted:

Comey is basically Ned Stark.

lol

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

very lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It's possible you don't know what the word 'secret' means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fart blood posted:

So dumb question:

If the FBI is now moving quickly because they are running out of time, isn't that bad? I mean, if they rush, they'll get sloppy. If they get sloppy, that benefits the Trump administration.

I get they're in a lovely position, but still, if you swing at the king and all that.

they were starting the investigation bigly (a new phase) which prompted trump to fire comey

imho

• Locked thread