Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?
So predictions for pro-tour top 8 decks?

I'm going with UR control. If you haven't had the memo yet Kefnet is brutal. Also commit is outstanding at dealing with resolved threat you didn't counter. Many will try jeskai but bouncing a cast out on a gearhulk is sickening.

Something like this.

UR Control:

Maindeck (60)
1 Kefnet the Mindful
4 Torrential Gearhulk
3 Magma Spray
3 Censor
3 Essence Scatter
3 Harnessed Lightning
3 Negate
1 Pull from Tomorrow
3 Disallow
1 Sweltering Suns
3 Void Shatter
2 Commit
4 Glimmer of Genius
4 Aether Hub
9 Island
5 Mountain
4 Spirebluff Canal
4 Wandering Fumarole

Sideboard (15)
1 Dragonmaster Outcast
3 Glorybringer
2 Sphinx of the Final Word
2 Dispel
1 Magma Spray
1 Essence Scatter
1 Negate
1 Sweltering Suns
1 Aether Meltdown
2 As Foretold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Bant Turbofog/Approach will win the PT

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Some form of Grixis Control will win the PT.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

A deck with 60 Magic: the Gathering cards maindeck and 15 in the sideboard will win the PT.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

cheetah7071 posted:

I long for the enchantment with the text "state based actions aren't checked"

It's not so much that this couldn't be done, but that it shouldn't be done. There wouldn't be enough room in the reminder text to list all of the common state based actions, and most players would have no idea what it does. Try explaining why it shuts off deathtouch and lightning bolt, but not doom blade.

There's also the issue where you're now accumulating tokens in non-battlefield zones. Luckily they aren't cards, so nothing actually interacts with them, but it's still weird.

All that said, I want this card. Release it in "rules lawyer masters"

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

But really, considering a meta of a whole bunch of Mardu Vehicles and some smaller amount of Tower and control, what's best positioned against the field right now?

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Dr. Stab posted:

It's not so much that this couldn't be done, but that it shouldn't be done. There wouldn't be enough room in the reminder text to list all of the common state based actions, and most players would have no idea what it does. Try explaining why it shuts off deathtouch and lightning bolt, but not doom blade.

There's also the issue where you're now accumulating tokens in non-battlefield zones. Luckily they aren't cards, so nothing actually interacts with them, but it's still weird.

All that said, I want this card. Release it in "rules lawyer masters"

Judges Tower Masters

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Christ this is awkward.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Pt stream is up if you didn't get the meaning of mcmagic's post.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

somewhere, a single tear rolls down Pascal Maynard's cheek

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

p1p2 martin juza has the choice of nissa, magma spray, decimator beetle, maelstrom pulse

that's a pack

(apparently the p1p1 was trial of zeal)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

somewhere, a single tear rolls down Pascal Maynard's cheek

Man i woulda slammed that Vindicate. What more do you want from a limited card? And it's splashable.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Coverage calling their shot with Glorybringer and saying it "would be AMAZING in this spot" is already so tired.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

When do the standard games start?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

after the drafts

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Inglonias posted:

When do the standard games start?

They do three rounds of draft and then have a break. Probably will be 4-5 hours from now.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

man, gust walker over cast out

did not realize how aggro this format is I guess

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

loving lol at the Wizards camera effects loving up yet again

please have SCG run these, thanks

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
What the gently caress, did they seriously stop coverage of this draft after pack 2 to show ads? Watching on mute on my phone and it was just playing ads for 5 minutes.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Dehtraen posted:

What the gently caress, did they seriously stop coverage of this draft after pack 2 to show ads? Watching on mute on my phone and it was just playing ads for 5 minutes.

There are SO MANY ads.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Dehtraen posted:

I'm watching on my browser with adblock but they did show the rest of the draft for me

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i'm the quadruple slitherblade deck in a pro tour draft

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Elyv posted:

I'm watching on my browser with adblock but they did show the rest of the draft for me

what adblock do you run that removes twitch ads??

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ShaneB posted:

what adblock do you run that removes twitch ads??

Which ones don't? I use chrome and adblock origin is the adblocker i use.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
liten, i realize practically being inside is probably best for testing. but maybe frame this little spot in such a way that doesn't imply everybody testing is afraid of the sun, wotc

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

liten, i realize practically being inside is probably best for testing. but maybe frame this little spot in such a way that doesn't imply everybody testing is afraid of the sun, wotc

the team house is the worst development in the history of nerd games

e: i didn't actually watch it - whose McMansion is this? the smol turret and mismatched windows in that last shot were real choice

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 12, 2017

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Elyv posted:

They did. But mobile users or people on tv streaming devices can't block the ads, it just seems lovely to step away, play ads for 5 minutes, then come back and finish the draft. By the way my ads didn't finish up until after p3p2 because it played a long commercial for achievement hunters. Luckily the ads rotate a little bit, some folks are complaining they are just seeing the same two ads over and over again

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER

OgreNoah posted:

I put together a potato phone album of my signed cards. I love getting signings at GenCon, Dragoncon, and any GPs I manage to attend.

http://imgur.com/a/vAzS7

Here's a preview:

I've got about 30 of those foil swamps signed because it's my favorite swamp art, and I got an artist proof altered with a sketch.

Also, never let Wayne Reynolds or Adam Rex sign your cards.

Theres someone ive heard likes to sign in...ballpoint pen :barf: forgot who though

Stuff thats played in my deck

NO_CARRIER
May 1, 2003
ATH0

Sickening posted:

Which ones don't? I use chrome and adblock origin is the adblocker i use.

Hrm. I run uBlock Origin and still see ads.

What happens when Twitch plays an ad and you have adblock on? Just black screen?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

e: i didn't actually watch it - whose McMansion is this? the smol turret and mismatched windows in that last shot were real choice

no clue but let me tell you, it hurts seeing that pool go unused on such a nice day

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

NO_CARRIER posted:

Hrm. I run uBlock Origin and still see ads.

What happens when Twitch plays an ad and you have adblock on? Just black screen?

Now it depends on what you are saying. The twitch ads I know them, will play over the stream, so when they are blocked you just see the stream. This is kind of the biggest issue because when they play the adds, you miss out on what is going on in the stream.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It really sucks that you don't get to see anyone play a game of magic for 90 mins after you turn on the stream.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ShaneB posted:

There are SO MANY ads.

Are they still running the weeping pros ad?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Probably a rental or air bnb

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Dehtraen posted:

They did. But mobile users or people on tv streaming devices can't block the ads, it just seems lovely to step away, play ads for 5 minutes, then come back and finish the draft. By the way my ads didn't finish up until after p3p2 because it played a long commercial for achievement hunters. Luckily the ads rotate a little bit, some folks are complaining they are just seeing the same two ads over and over again

I only see the Heroes of the Storm and The Swarm ads every break. uBlock Origin with Chrome. It didn't play over the actual draft but taking a break between pack 2 and 3 is absurd.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

The pro tour, where you play your white god bomb into a 4 open mana and 6 cards when you already know your opponent has counterspells.

NO_CARRIER
May 1, 2003
ATH0

Hellsau posted:

I only see the Heroes of the Storm and The Swarm ads every break. uBlock Origin with Chrome. It didn't play over the actual draft but taking a break between pack 2 and 3 is absurd.

The adblock sites themselves are basically like "yeah they are embedded in the stream now, sorry" but also "this isn't happening for all users yet" which seems odd.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Hellsau posted:

There has to be something else going on then. Ublock origins hasn't let an ad through in forever for me. The embedded ads can't be dealt with because they are part of the stream. Your heroes of the swarm stuff aren't. I would remove origins and reinstall it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

The pro tour, where you play your white god bomb into a 4 open mana and 6 cards when you already know your opponent has counterspells.

Pozzo's deck was just garbage. He had to just play that rather than do nothing and wait to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

martin juza's draft deck is sweet as hell