Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Fellatio del Toro posted:

The problem is that the only purpose that displaying levels serves is fueling toxicity.

They still display levels, they just hide it behind a nonsensical system.

Are you even serious? You're trying to argue with me that displaying levels is bad, but I never said it was good. I'm just making fun of their rear end-backwards way of displaying levels. If you want to dress down someone who gets toxic over player level, find someone who is actually doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

They still display levels, they just hide it behind a nonsensical system.

Are you even serious? You're trying to argue with me that displaying levels is bad, but I never said it was good. I'm just making fun of their rear end-backwards way of displaying levels. If you want to dress down someone who gets toxic over player level, find someone who is actually doing it.

You're reading way to much into both the silly color coding system and my post, friend

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

Who made these baffling decisions like map rotations and the stupid "color + number" level system?

The level thing is worse. Who woke up one morning and thought to themselves "I know, let's make it so everyone needs to learn a nonsensical color order to know what level players are." They already have a legacy order of white, green, blue, purple, orange. I can't even tell green from teal, and never bothered to learn the order anyway. AND, they could just put the actual loving player level instead.

:psyduck:

I didn't even realize there was a teal. Here's a list:

http://heroesofthestorm.wikia.com/wiki/Player_Level posted:

0-100 - Blue (the standard looking color the portraits use to be)

100-200 - Green

200-300 - Teal

300-400 - Purple

400-500 - Red

500-600 - Yellow

After that, the color scheme repeats starting with green but adds a diamond for every time you've gone through the cycle (600-700 is green + diamond). Beautiful.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

To answer seriously: The color coding system allows the 5% of annoying weirdos who really need everyone to know what level they are to have a cool purple border or whatever while in reality no one else cares enough to know what the colors actually mean. The purpose is to dramatically cut down on the "they have +50 levels loving GG" while also placating the hardcore DOTA rejects. See also: COD prestige emblems

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It occurs to me that with how awful some of the maps in this game are, how playable would a standard moba map with no extra gimmick objectives be? Just push lanes, merc camps are in the jungle, teamfight over boss spawns, etc.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It would be boring as hell because without any objectives to fight over, shared XP, and no gold/items to farm, there would be no incentive to do anything but push lanes in total isolation from combat.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I'm a double diamond two-winged green.

Get on my level.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Fellatio del Toro posted:

To answer seriously: The color coding system allows the 5% of annoying weirdos who really need everyone to know what level they are to have a cool purple border or whatever while in reality no one else cares enough to know what the colors actually mean. The purpose is to dramatically cut down on the "they have +50 levels loving GG" while also placating the hardcore DOTA rejects. See also: COD prestige emblems

That sure is a convoluted solution to a non-problem. I just wanted to know what level the three people I play with were, so I looked up the system and thought to myself "wow, that's convoluted and stupid," and posted about it. I don't think that puts me in the "5% of annoying weirdos" camp, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't implying it did, friend.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Anyway they are changing the level display next week so everything will be ok.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Replace all level text with an algorithm that displays either "GG WP EZ" or "You gon' get rolled" on the load screen.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I have a feeling its because there's this one rear end in a top hat who's got a player level high enough that it would cause a display overflow if they just had it shown as a number.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
this game makes me really frustrated but the new Angry Uther is fun and new Tyrande looks boss so I'll keep playing

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I'm a double diamond two-winged green.

Get on my level.

I am non-jokingly the same. I guess I got on your level. :unsmith:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Tyrande's damage on the PTR is scary even solo, except being a support she also can ampify everybody else's damage too.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I am excited for next patch, because it means Alarak and Tyrande will take the new first ban spots which means I will go from playing my boys Malf and Falstad 80% of the time to 95% of the time.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

exquisite tea posted:

Tyrande's damage on the PTR is scary even solo, except being a support she also can ampify everybody else's damage too.

I played a game as Hammer where I had 105,000 damage at the end of the game, and the enemy Tyrande had 110,000 damage...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I feel like Tyrande has been an eternally underrated hero ever since this game was in its infancy and now she's just gonna be ridiculous, definitely a first pick/ban for the foreseeable future.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rygar201 posted:

I like the Dragon's Breath talents personally. She hits like a loving train when you land them

Yeah, I played with my friends in a 5-stack and having Johanna and Zarya to basically say "nope, you stand here now" while I rain death from half a screen away was awesome. :iia:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

I feel like Tyrande has been an eternally underrated hero ever since this game was in its infancy and now she's just gonna be ridiculous, definitely a first pick/ban for the foreseeable future.

She was first pick/ban for a long time like a year ago.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Polio Vax Scene posted:

I am excited for next patch, because it means Alarak and Tyrande will take the new first ban spots which means I will go from playing my boys Malf and Falstad 80% of the time to 95% of the time.

When everyone is OP, nobody is :v:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
That sounds great to me. Give everyone a niche.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I already love throwing owls at people, so I can't wait!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

beejay posted:

Anyway they are changing the level display next week so everything will be ok.

They're changing the aesthetics like border thickness and hue/saturation/instagram filters but they're not changing the whole "only displaying 2 digits and you need to know the colors if you actually care" aspect.

HOTSlogs data update:

Previously I played 130 games in 30 days and hotslogs already had 90% of them.
This time I played 233 games in 40 days and hotslogs only had 56% of them.

Only one person's experience, but quite a stark difference. I wonder if people really have stopped using it, or if my switch from mostly HL to TL means my opponents/teammates aren't the type who upload :iiam:

API is coming Soon™ according to Blizz, so maybe it will soon be a moot point.

GenericOverusedName posted:

I already love throwing owls at people, so I can't wait!

No talent to widen owl width :mad:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

This brawl sure is something.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

So is team league just 2+ or is 1/5 the only way to ranked?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

exquisite tea posted:

She was one of the first heroes I played when I started playing again after 2.0 and is still my only level 10 hero, and I've been wondering why more people didn't play her.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I don't use hots logs anymore and the new in game profile stats actually give me about everything I want.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Hero league is solo only. Team league is 2, 3, or 5.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

TL is 2, 3, or 5. Can't 4, or else you'd be mixing with filthy solo queue folks :v:

Grouping as 2 takes a long time. Stacking as 5 takes a medium amount of time. A group of 3 queues almost instantly, much faster than HL.

/join SAGoons in-game and ask if anyone is playing. If no response in a minute, /join TeamLeague and /join Team League and ask the same. 50% bonus exp for TL!

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Tyrande is my most played hero so I'm excited to try the updates, I always felt she had a great niche but is rough to play in qm because you're stuck trying to heal by yourself. I'm worried that she will have bad mana issues, though, she already does and they're adding cooldown reduction to every skill she has.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Cho'gall, Genji, Alarak, and Rexxar in this Synergy vs Fnatic match.

What a meta!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Okay I'll try to join the next time people ask for team league

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

You're alone outside the White House and you come across a Spicer. You stick it in the bushes letting its soft flesh tear in the sharp brambles. You see it kicking, but you're not helping it. Why aren't you helping it?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

You're alone outside the White House and you come across a Spicer. You stick it in the bushes letting its soft flesh tear in the sharp brambles. You see it kicking, but you're not helping it. Why aren't you helping it?

New brawl sounding kinda weird.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Zarya/Varian/Auriel/Valla/Murky vs Genji/Anub/Malf/Abathur/Xul on Sky Temple.

This is gonna be a laugh riot.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

When everyone is OP, nobody is :v:

There's OP, and there's "doing everything another role can do but better while also doing your original role" OP.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Has anyone done the math on stimpack efficiency vs just buying heroes? More gold and chests vs just more dudes or chests?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
People keep claiming they know poo poo about the next map rotation but I can't find anything about it anywhere because Blizzard is infuriatingly silent about it just like they always are when they think they're right but they're wrong. Have they mentioned what the next rotation is yet, seeing as it's coming in 3 days?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Isn't it just the same rotation as what's on PTR?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

exquisite tea posted:

Isn't it just the same rotation as what's on PTR?

That would at least explain where people got the idea, but is that confirmed or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Zarya/Varian/Auriel/Valla/Murky vs Genji/Anub/Malf/Abathur/Xul on Sky Temple.

This is gonna be a laugh riot.
I guess hots does have a surrender option