Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

exquisite tea posted:

I'm looking forward to Guard stick sensitivity being configurable because I know I've definitely taken a lot of hits I shouldn't have in matches because of it.

Can we remap buttons yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
P sure you can remap on PS4 using the system configuration remaping and on steam I think you can remap using the controller settings via big screen mode (or whatever it's called).

If you bought on pc via uplay I guess your boned though.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

For people having issues against turtles, it helps a lot (mostly in duels) to mentally prime your opponent. If in the first round, you purposely throw out a lot of un-feinted heavies, they will be more likely to believe your feints in later round.

That kind of stuff isn't really necessary in 4v4, but you really have to play mind games to do well in duels / brawls

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

On my Warden I like to open with her running heavy a lot because it comes out quick and most people aren't used to guarding against it. Then try to land something else fast like a top light or zone attack so that they're already down a health bar and have to play from behind. Sometimes it even works!

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Try to avoid using it at the start of every fight though!

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

exquisite tea posted:

On my Warden I like to open with her running heavy a lot because it comes out quick and most people aren't used to guarding against it. Then try to land something else fast like a top light or zone attack so that they're already down a health bar and have to play from behind. Sometimes it even works!

You can also throw a zone attack too to keep them guessing on which side your attack will come from. Once you get the timing down right you can basically do it out of a sprint.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
How are there so many mechanics changes to give Raider mixups, and Shu stays exactly as is. How?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Shockeh posted:

How are there so many mechanics changes to give Raider mixups, and Shu stays exactly as is. How?

Sounds like they were working on the Raider changes for a while, even before the patch that nerfed Oni charge.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
After not playing this for a while to play through Prey instead, I can safely say that the 50/50 of a Raider either doing their unblockable zone attack or baiting you into a parry when you're out of stamina still pisses me off.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sultan Tarquin posted:

So this is the first actual major patch that should have been out months ago?

No? there have been several patches before this. It's the start of season 2 so I guess they are timing a major update with that

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

I can't wait till they fix the guard direction sensitivity. I'm getting tired of eating shots that I should be blocking.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I'm retroactively blaming all my losses on guard stick sensitivity, so now I can comfortably live in the illusion that I'm not so terrible at this game. All future losses will be due to lag + imbalance.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

Gotta make it to the end of a match in order to lose it. C'mon Ubi, fix connectivity!

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Gross, Warden is still 0% fun to fight against. Literally the only class I loving hate to go against. PK was annoying but at least you still had a chance of winning. Warden just goes full defensive and will only top-attack back if you top attack him, and spam vortex, over and over.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

I don't know what happened over night but I just logged in and got 4 crates and champ status for 8 days, I think.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Mambo No. 5 posted:

I don't know what happened over night but I just logged in and got 4 crates and champ status for 8 days, I think.

Season 2 starts tomorrow

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mambo No. 5 posted:

12 days champ status and it's for everyone to mark the start of the new season which will be up within the next day, wait till the update is live before you open the crates because then the new gear system will be in use.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

I figured that's what the boxes were about, but I never saw an announcement or anything. I'm really digging all the free stuff from Ubi. It almost makes me feel bad about complaining... almost.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Wandle Cax posted:

12 days champ status and it's for everyone to mark the start of the new season which will be up within the next day, wait till the update is live before you open the crates because then the new gear system will be in use.

drat, I already popped a couple of them :downs:

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I still have every crate I've ever earned.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Wow that gear revamp looks good.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Also I have 15 crates.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Also I have 15 crates.

If that is every create you ever earned then you can probably farm some more of them from the single-player. I have more than 15 crates right now and I've used at least a dozen.

(I have 16 which is more than 15)

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

So I couldn't find anything on how to ask Ubisoft to give me the viking faction rewards I never got despite never switching since when I began in the middle of the last season. What should I do to try and get these rewards?

titties
May 10, 2012

I am excited for the update this morning but I am also sad because I was supposed to have the night off and I was going to level the new characters so fuckin hard but then the schedule got changed and I have to work so now I'll never be able to compete with the unemployed

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Nomadic Scholar posted:

So I couldn't find anything on how to ask Ubisoft to give me the viking faction rewards I never got despite never switching since when I began in the middle of the last season. What should I do to try and get these rewards?

Either go to the support page and start a ticket or go and post on the official forums

titties
May 10, 2012

Upload a YouTube video of 7 minutes of unintelligible shrieking (description in the comments below)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

What time today is the patch supposed to go live?

titties
May 10, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

What time today is the patch supposed to go live?

I read that it would be around 8 but I can't remember if that's Eastern or Pacific

DarkEnigma
Mar 31, 2001
Patch is downloading! Now do I spend my time getting my 108 rep 11 conq to epic gear level or levelling up centurion....aggh

titties
May 10, 2012

E: I vote centurion ^^^

Confirming that it's very slowly preparing to download on PS4. I kind of didn't expect it to take so long to queue because even though psn downloads are excruciatingly slow nobody plays this game so

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

I have 15k steel for shinobi cause loving hell Nobushi needs some love

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh my god, Shinobi actually does that silly-rear end anime run with the arms stretched out backwards. :allears:

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

DarkEnigma posted:

Patch is downloading! Now do I spend my time getting my 108 rep 11 conq to epic gear level or levelling up centurion....aggh

I also vote Centurion because I didn't buy the season pass and I want to know what you think of him.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8bv_LBeSvY

holy poo poo at Lawbringer
lmao at Warden and Warlord

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the warden execution is one of the few examples i can think of where they're obviously artificially increasing the length of the execution, which seems bizarre because warden already has a slew of very long executions.

that lawbringer execution is loving sick though.

centurion feels pretty good.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Lawbringer gets all the best executions.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Nobushi looks pretty sick as well

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the warden execution is one of the few examples i can think of where they're obviously artificially increasing the length of the execution, which seems bizarre because warden already has a slew of very long executions.

that lawbringer execution is loving sick though.

centurion feels pretty good.

Which Warden executions are long? The only one I could think of the is 'Guts and then Chop' which is still pretty fast compared to some other characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

moosecow333 posted:

Which Warden executions are long? The only one I could think of the is 'Guts and then Chop' which is still pretty fast compared to some other characters.

Yeah, and she's got that spinning backhand or whatever it's called, which is a really fast one-two that might be among the fastest in the game. It kind of seems like the new set of executions is intended to generate maximum salt. Plenty of them have these extended sequences where you're just letting the victim stay alive to taunt them. :getin:

Also, holy poo poo make sure you don't get hit by the Centurion's charged side unblockable. That thing seems to confirm into an extended combo that deals like 70-80 damage all told.