Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Quick and dirty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863007411132649473?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I wonder if people like Branco or Garrison pay attention to Donald's twitter.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Electric Phantasm posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863007411132649473?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I wonder if people like Branco or Garrison pay attention to Donald's twitter.

I know it won't do anything, but I think I'm totally gonna go report this to twitter under "Threatening Violence of Physical Harm".

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ularg posted:

I know it won't do anything, but I think I'm totally gonna go report this to twitter under "Threatening Violence of Physical Harm".

Same thing I just did :respek:

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

A couple of requests:
-Are there compilations like this one for Rall's other graphic novels? (The 1984 parody and the sad blowjob/wart-in-the-artery one.)
-In last year's thread (or maybe the previous year), someone posted a bunch of contemporary cartoons about the Titanic which they scanned from an old book. Can I get a link to that?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Here thread, a Bennett

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

That's the first time I've seen anyone involved in Scooter called an "artist".

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

loquacius posted:

Here thread, a Bennett

It's the picture of the Donald creeping behind the door that makes it.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Because as we all know, the French really hate Obama, right

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:
First Dog on the Moon:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pakled posted:

:lol: russia

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Pakled posted:

*frothing tinhat yelling* KENYAN MUSLIM KENYAN! PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!!!!! *spittle flies everywhere*

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

Pakled posted:

lmao israel with the cheeky 49, be grateful you little shits.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Pakled posted:

Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa, Russia.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Liu posted:

We ain't never grateful for anything but don't you dare cut aid!
If you'll excuse me, we still have a whole nation to forcefully subjugate.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Just out of curiosity, did Israel commit any troops to the Gulf War, Afghanistan or Gulf War II?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Starshark posted:

Just out of curiosity, did Israel commit any troops to the Gulf War, Afghanistan or Gulf War II?

No, No, and No, though Saddam launched missiles at Israel during the Gulf War. The US probably didn't want Israel to commit troops to any of those wars since it would just inflame local and regional sentiment against the US/Coalition forces.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Pakled posted:

No, No, and No, though Saddam launched missiles at Israel during the Gulf War. The US probably didn't want Israel to commit troops to any of those wars since it would just inflame local and regional sentiment against the US/Coalition forces.

Yeah, I looked it up and apparently Bush Snr went to some lengths to keep Israel out of the war because he was afraid it would piss off the other Arab states.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I can remember people urging to fight Iraq in the first one, but the Americans​ vetoed that.
Probably the right call.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think the world think theres a 50% probability USA will come and destroy your country, 50% will come to help rebuild your country. In some cases help you destroy your country then help you rebuild your country. Countries where the trust is near 50% are the realistic one, these with a number far from 50% are unrealistic ones.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Pakled posted:

Hmm yes, because as we all know, Russia's been covertly supporting left-wing parties.

I mean, yeah, they have. Russian soft power doesn't look like American soft power, they don't care a ton about persuading people to agree with them. They just want everybody else to be too weak to oppose them, and are attacking liberal democracies from all sides, attempting to undermine the legitimacy of the whole system.

Russia also encouraged Bernie Sanders and OWS partisans, not just Trump. This isn't to say Sanders or OWS were Russian puppets, but that Russia believed that they had an opportunity to undermine confidence in the American political system by discouraging compromise there.

I'd say those operations were probably more effective than getting Trump elected, precisely because they weren't as dramatic and didn't invite the same blowback.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Liu posted:

My old man had business in Israel from the late 90s through all of the aughts, and his contacts there all lost their poo poo during the Obama Era. Like, the "secret Muslim" level of losing their poo poo. America has gone to hell because booga booga Kenyan also GIMME MAH AID. Indistinguishable from elderly shut-ins in the US.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

My brother in law's parents emigrated to Texas and voted for Trump.
So yes Israel is definitely close to that old white male mindset.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

SerialKilldeer posted:

A couple of requests:
-Are there compilations like this one for Rall's other graphic novels? (The 1984 parody and the sad blowjob/wart-in-the-artery one.)
Jagger McDagger posted the whole thing back in the day, so you can check it out if you have archives:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599044&userid=184228&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post429183843

Someone was supposed to repost it here, complete with commentary, but nothing so far.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Xander77 posted:

Jagger McDagger posted the whole thing back in the day, so you can check it out if you have archives:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599044&userid=184228&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post429183843

Someone was supposed to repost it here, complete with commentary, but nothing so far.

They weren't 'supposed' to post it here because we've already seen it and it was poo poo the first time.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:
First Dog on the Moon:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > Political Cartoons 2017: 3 demerit points for sassing

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Day By Day edit of this one should be the one where he called us cockroaches

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Starshark posted:

They weren't 'supposed' to post it here because we've already seen it and it was poo poo the first time.
Thank you for your highly important opinion regarding what should and should not be posted in the Political Cartoons thread, forums user Starshark.

Edit - 4 pages of posts, and not a single political cartoon. Just terribly valuable opinions.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Xander77 posted:

Thank you for your highly important opinion regarding what should and should not be posted in the Political Cartoons thread, forums user Starshark.

Edit - 4 pages of posts, and not a single political cartoon. Just terribly valuable opinions.

Sorry, I didn't read the sign that said you had to post a 'toon to get all important credibility with Xander77. And I wasn't the only one against the idea.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ban DBD, ban arguments about Bernie/Hillary, and bring back pants donkey. Vote T-man for thread shitlord 2018.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Starshark posted:

Sorry, I didn't read the sign that said you had to post a 'toon to get all important credibility with Xander77. And I wasn't the only one against the idea.
You're post's are bad

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
We have to put up w/ Zander because occasionally he'll put 50 cartoons in one post.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

First gulf war cartoons:

"After me!" , (The Iraqi people)

"Yes, no, yes, no"

"Barbarians! They bomb civilians!"

I think this one is from the second one:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 12, 2017

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Given what he writes publicly on Twitter and what he said into that hot microphone, I wish every day that someone is recording Trump's daily meetings and conversations. When those come out, it's going to be the greatest entertainment since the Nixon tapes about Archie Bunker and homosexuality.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If you would have told me in 2015 that the next president of the US is going to combine the worst traits of G.W.Bush, Nixon and Reagan...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pakled posted:

That was absolutely a fear during Desert Storm, and Saddam launched scuds at Tel Aviv with the explicit intention of provoking an Israeli response and thus peeling Arab members of the coalition off. HW Bush went well out of his way to keep Israel out of it to prevent this from occurring.

• Locked thread