Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

my kinda ape posted:

You actually don't lose the ammo it just doesn't pool the ammo so eventually you'll cycle back to your 28 round mag. Or 3 if you're me.

I've played it twice so I couldn't tell you either way really.
https://streamable.com/hcpz
https://streamable.com/jk8f

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Tactical realism - 10 recruits - same voice channel.

Best times.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
red orchestra handled magazines pretty well

"this one feels heavy"

oh okay it has bullets

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE. Kurwa mać even.

As a Pole, I am a bit pissed. BUT if this means that we'll get matchmaking that's not "beta" anymore, I guess I could live with that. I really wanted that Polish map tho. Nice to know you settled on GROM as the organization of choice too.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
How many polish operators does it take to defuse a bomb?

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
A tad disappointed. I was really looking forward to some new content. I guess it's good they are taking the time to fix all the other poo poo, but I also feel that the other poo poo should have been taken care of a long time ago.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Oh cool a bunch of posts in the siege thread, must be the new season teaser. I've been waiting for the update to draw me back in to siege after... oh

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I hope they take the opportunity to realise just how lame "dazzler" and caltrop sound.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
So what is the map design and art team working on for the next 3 months? Are all the top minds working on fixing the drone vent on Coastline that rubberbands you out?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CJ posted:

So what is the map design and art team working on for the next 3 months? Are all the top minds working on fixing the drone vent on Coastline that rubberbands you out?

Map people are probably working on improving old maps, yeah. But they could also get a jump start on the next map maybe while everybody else is working on patches.

That is a good point that not everybody can just hop on fixing bugs, but they could just do preliminary work on the update after. And since they're doing 2 extra operators during that period getting a head start would help.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Wargame: Red Dragon taught me Poland just uses napalm to sort all it's problems out so I was looking forward to the flamethrower team member but I guess I'll just have to wait.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
This is why you don't buy season passes btw.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

CJ posted:

You don't buy season passes because sometimes stuff gets delayed?

Or is there some other reason?

What the hell are you mad about!?

TELLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

CJ posted:

For honor dlc lol

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Malcolm Excellent posted:

TELLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They sold it as 4 content updates at roughly 3 month intervals. Now it's 3 content updates with a 6 month content drought.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

TELLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Season passes increasingly amount to prepurchasing unknown content with no guarantees about size/scope, quality relative to the game, timing of release, and whether what was promised will come out as advertised(if at all). And given that these things tend to cover content released over the course of about a year, that leaves a lot of time for things to change or go wrong.

In the case of Fallout 4, for example, they didn't even tell you what the season pass was going to get you until 3 months after launch, where they also announced they were jacking up the price to that of the base game. And in the case of Dark Souls 3, it was 7 months after release that they announced what a season pass would get you.

As far as Siege is concerned, by year's end people will have all the stuff they should be getting if they bought the season pass, so that's not a huge issue, but some of us are surprised and a little dumbfounded not because there was some kind of delay(we've had them before), but that a map was dropped on top of the operators being pushed back 3 months. Given the effect that new content has had on getting players to either come back to the game or to finally pick it up, with player count exploding whenever new stuff is released, you'd think that the priority would be to maintain that schedule.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They are cutting one of the maps, so you're going to have less content at the end of the year too. I wonder if the map designers and artists are working on bug fixes, or the programmers were working on map design and art.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Maps aren't even part of the season's pass, they're free for everyone as soon as they drop. Maybe the Polish map will be released "whenever it's ready" like how bartlett University was dropped.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Deltasquid posted:

Maps aren't even part of the season's pass, they're free for everyone as soon as they drop. Maybe the Polish map will be released "whenever it's ready" like how Duke Nukem Forever dropped.

Duke Burger confirmed for year 7 content.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

CJ posted:

Ya, I have felt a little ripped off with the season pass for this game. Will not be making that mistake again.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Deltasquid posted:

Maps aren't even part of the season's pass, they're free for everyone as soon as they drop. Maybe the Polish map will be released "whenever it's ready" like how bartlett University was dropped.

That's not how it works, you're paying for continued support of the game. Unless you really think they'd continue creating new maps if they weren't taking in money. People are paying for the new maps, the only reason they aren't exclusive to the season pass owners is because it's more valuable to people who buy the pass if everyone is given access to it. The value of DLC and microtransactions is inherently tied to the value of content of the game, so people who paid for it can rightfully be upset at the 6 month content drought and less overall content than what was marketed.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

CJ posted:

The value I have received from season pass 1 and 2 far outweighs the missed content patch. I've played this game for hundreds of hours and I have zero regrets.

You want to talk bad season passes? Have a look at The Division.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

diapermeat posted:

The value I have received from season pass 1 and 2 far outweighs the missed content patch. I've played this game for hundreds of hours and I have zero regrets.

I'm here too. I've put over 650 hours into this game across two seasons, and assuming that they manage to fix the bug affecting my computer's performance, I'll 100% be picking up season three.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

But guys, devs work really hard so all of this can be ignored. And if you don't like it, gently caress you because you just don't "get" what it's like to be a dev! Similarly you should go gently caress yourself if you'd like an actual explanation. You'll wait for more information and you'll like it.

Everything in Operation Health was already promised in addition to the seasonal content. It isn't a trade-off. It's literally just less content.

Anyway I've bought both season passes so far because I think the game is Fun and Good, but if you think the players are getting anything other than dicked here then you might be slightly delusional. I'm sure it's a necessary evil, a complicated internal issue that couldn't be avoided yadda yadda yadda whatever but it's still not a positive situation in any way.

Gonna keep playing tho, luv u Hard.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 12, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6RWiVRwoE8

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Watch out guys True Neutral master race comin' through. :jerkbag:

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 12, 2017

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Chas McGill posted:

I hope they take the opportunity to realise just how lame "dazzler" and caltrop sound.

Those are codenames.

Probably.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
imagine paying for a season pass to play operators 1 week early but you actually get to play them 3 months later

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Good thing they have three months.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/603djd/midseason_bug_list_new_and_old/

I was going to post it here but it's four pages long at 1440p.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Imagine I wrote a caricaturely misspelt long-winded post that berates fellow posters for misusing the term "season" when it comes to this game.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
At the very least, I wish there was a new map. Not even necessarily the Hong Kong one, but just a new one in general for any location. Just to freshen up the game a bit. I love playing the game still, but it would be nice for something different. I guess I will just focus on unlocking the few operators I still don't have and give them a go.

Remaining, I still have: Capitao, Jackal, Valkyrie, and Echo. Who would you guys recommend as a good next pick?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Nickname Pending posted:

At the very least, I wish there was a new map. Not even necessarily the Hong Kong one, but just a new one in general for any location. Just to freshen up the game a bit. I love playing the game still, but it would be nice for something different. I guess I will just focus on unlocking the few operators I still don't have and give them a go.

Remaining, I still have: Capitao, Jackal, Valkyrie, and Echo. Who would you guys recommend as a good next pick?

Valk is by far the best of that lot.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I like Jakal

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nickname Pending posted:

Valkyrie is considerably more "competitive" than the rest, if that is anything to you.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Carecat posted:

Good thing they have three months.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/603djd/midseason_bug_list_new_and_old/

I was going to post it here but it's four pages long at 1440p.

Odd, a bug I see all the time is missing

Kapkan
Not able to install traps on windows, the icon shows up for a split sec then disappear, or even it will get part way through the animation then stop. Happens about 1/3 of the time I try and put one on a window.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Nickname Pending posted:

Valk is dope but if you don't use cams a lot i'd go with Jackal, he has a cool gadget and some nice guns to boot.

Capitao used to be a top pick because 3 speed + grenade + great AR but his recent nerf of grenades and Para made him less fun for a lot of people. He still has a great gadget to shut down plant sites or more recently assist glaz with his smokes.

I personally dislike Echo mostly because I don't think his gadget playstyle fits his 1 speed but if you're the type of player that communicates a lot you can have some good plays with him. Hunker down, lay barbed wires and let your teammate get the kills while you stun them.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Hard posted:

Valk is dope but if you don't use cams a lot i'd go with Jackal, he has a cool gadget and some nice guns to boot.

Capitao used to be a top pick because 3 speed + grenade + great AR but his recent nerf of grenades and Para made him less fun for a lot of people. He still has a great gadget to shut down plant sites or more recently assist glaz with his smokes.

I personally dislike Echo mostly because I don't think his gadget playstyle fits his 1 speed but if you're the type of player that communicates a lot you can have some good plays with him. Hunker down, lay barbed wires and let your teammate get the kills while you stun them.

Valk is great but map knowledge is key, and placement of cameras is real important to being successful with her. I've got her unlocked but don't typically play with her, cause I don't know good camera spots that can stay hidden. It's turned a round from lose to win many times though, cause I can just sit on objective, watch cams and call out enemy locations. I don't like Jackal much, his footstep thing doesn't help much cause by the time you scan them, they can run off in a million different directions, so you end up wasting time hunting them down. His gun is great though, the little small rapid-fire one.

Capitao is awesome for pushing objectives. Firebomb an area that is almost always camped at to flush enemies out into the open. Smoke bomb doorways (which produce bigger and thicker clouds than smoke grenades) to help plant a defuser safely or just prevent the enemy from pushing cause of the poor line of sight.

Echo is great in a team setting. Camp somewhere safe where enemies will most likely push from, wait for them all to pass, then assblast em with Yokai and flank em with your teammates. Hammer and anvil. You can wipe out 3 or 4 people easily if they all clump together. Most of the time I just use Yokai to call out enemy locations and organise a safe push: I'll blast the enemy so they can't see poo poo then tell my teammate to rush the enemy. Guaranteed kill. Playing Echo solo is a lot more difficult without your team backing you up.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Valk is great because people don't realize there's still some clipping errors that you can exploit for near perfect camera placement unless you're staring at them for a long period of time.

There's also just dumb locations that for whatever reason people won't look; eg on plane right at the wing door stick one above the luggage rack and you have that hallway/side door/kitchen covered. Same for Kanal's bridge. People don't look behind them for cameras when they enter rooms that often.

Also if you hit the crane payload on Kanal with a camera it basically gives you a perfect view of two sides of the building.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 12, 2017

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Valk needs a nerf making her unable to throw cameras outside. Make them show "weak signal" or something like Yokai's drone does and make it so they give a very grainy and low quality picture. Cause honestly, even playing as IQ, it's next to impossible to find the loving Valk cams outside. It's absolute garbage imo, and when I use the tactic myself, it just feels so cheap and unfair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Loopoo posted:

Valk needs a nerf making her unable to throw cameras outside. Make them show "weak signal" or something like Yokai's drone does and make it so they give a very grainy and low quality picture. Cause honestly, even playing as IQ, it's next to impossible to find the loving Valk cams outside. It's absolute garbage imo, and when I use the tactic myself, it just feels so cheap and unfair.

Cameras outside are fine. You really shouldn't be outside long enough to make a huge difference. Also use IQ to see valks dumbass on her cellphone and floor bang her.

• Locked thread