Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MaxxBot posted:

JEB! Can Fix It!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Unperson_47 posted:

wait,w as spicer really hiding in the bushes in ap hoto somewhere. i thought it was a thread joke

He wasn't hiding in the bushes!...it was near the bushes instead.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

If a person had no morals whatsoever, how easy would it be to get a job in the Trump administration? Asking for a friend

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

imo:

1. TRUMP!
2. Reagan
3. Nixon
4. Wilson
5. Jackson
6. Buchanan
7. Harding
8. Coolidge
9. Hoover
10. Pierce

No Johnson?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Unperson_47 posted:

wait,w as spicer really hiding in the bushes in ap hoto somewhere. i thought it was a thread joke

lol @ you

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

cmndstab posted:

I know we're all busy laughing at Trump using his Russian law firm to confirm he has definitely derived no income from Russian except for the times he did, but I'm still in awe of this tweet.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863007411132649473

I don't even get what he's trying to say. Does he have some reason to think that Comey is planning to leak something to the press? If the tapes exist then how is Comey going to "make sure they don't?" If he trying to imply that Comey has said some embarrassing things?

How can he possibly think that this makes him look like anything other than profoundly guilty?

he is guilty and also senile

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's totally cool that even if Trump melts down IRL and the great mattering descends upon the nation.....Neil Gorsuch is still going to be loving us over for decades, installed by an actual retard.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

wake up onii-chan!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

JAMOOOL posted:

lol @ you

u have my new favorite red title. i don't want any context. i just want to love it as it is.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/863072757835337729

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

spicey soon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlTVVMWwWE

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

oh mitt

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

imo:

1. TRUMP!
2. Reagan
3. Nixon
4. Wilson
5. Jackson
6. Buchanan
7. Harding
8. Coolidge
9. Hoover
10. Pierce

Tyler?

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

cmndstab posted:

I know we're all busy laughing at Trump using his Russian law firm to confirm he has definitely derived no income from Russian except for the times he did, but I'm still in awe of this tweet.

I don't even get what he's trying to say. Does he have some reason to think that Comey is planning to leak something to the press? If the tapes exist then how is Comey going to "make sure they don't?" If he trying to imply that Comey has said some embarrassing things? Was he recording the dinner he invited Comey too, or the phone calls he had with him?

How can he possibly think that this makes him look like anything other than profoundly guilty?

He's threatening Comey and telling him to keep his mouth shut. Presumably Trump recorded their conversations and has damaging stuff to release on Comey should he talk.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

cmndstab posted:

I don't even get what he's trying to say. Does he have some reason to think that Comey is planning to leak something to the press? If the tapes exist then how is Comey going to "make sure they don't?" If he trying to imply that Comey has said some embarrassing things? Was he recording the dinner he invited Comey too, or the phone calls he had with him?

this is the president.jpg

gregday
May 23, 2003

serious question

given how much he lies about everything, what's to stop trump from releasing falsified tax returns? is it that part of the release includes the IRS certifying they're legit? how would anyone know the difference if the incriminating poo poo was scrubbed?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

38% of Comey coverage was about Doobie's Dog House

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's totally cool that even if Trump melts down IRL and the great mattering descends upon the nation.....Neil Gorsuch is still going to be loving us over for decades, installed by an actual retard.

small hope that trump just gets to replace the already gross scalia and gets no other nominations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/darth/status/863051785090379777

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Pick posted:

Tyler?

see i've said this like 10 times itt and nobody ever responds to me on it :cool: :hf: :coal:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

"When you see me again, it won't be me."

Is Comey the giant then?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

cmndstab posted:

I think the only possible source of the private one-on-one meeting where Trump asked Comey for a loyalty pledge is Comey himself, but who knows.

He's threatening Comey and implying the Comey is lying to the press to make Trump look bad. He's saying that if Comey "lies" to the press, Trump will release audio recordings he's made of conversations with Comey.

The big takeaway is that Trump is admitting to recording conversations with people. That's a big part of what hosed Nixon.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Fidel Castronaut posted:

small hope that trump just gets to replace the already gross scalia and gets no other nominations.

in a 5-4 decision... in a 6-3 decision... in a 7-2 decision...

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

"When you see me again, it won't be me."

Is Comey the giant then?

ya

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

"that watergate you like is coming back in style again"

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

cmndstab posted:

Wait, I think I get it. Is he trying to imply that Comey will "leak" things about his conversations with Trump, but in reality just make poo poo up? Like, pretend that Trump said something he didn't say? Or that Comey didn't say something? And Trump is warning him not to spin bullshit because otherwise he'll release the tapes showing what was really said?

I can only assume this is Trump's way of covering his rear end with the "Comey personally assured me I am not under investigation" thing. Maybe he's worried Comey is going to come out and say "actually I never said that and Trump was actually under investigation" and is trying to nip it in the bud?

gently caress me it is difficult to understand Trump's thought process.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm pretty sure Buchanan was still a worse president than Woodrow Smooth Brain'd Wilson

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ill see you in 25 to life

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
LIVE: Sean Spicer Sarah Sanders Press Briefing news Conference from the White house 5-12-17
Golden State Times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKlTGz67kAc

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

gregday posted:

serious question

given how much he lies about everything, what's to stop trump from releasing falsified tax returns? is it that part of the release includes the IRS certifying they're legit? how would anyone know the difference if the incriminating poo poo was scrubbed?

because that's fraud and it's beyond trivial to prove because an investigation could subpoena the IRS copies and the IRS would basically be like "lol, ok" if served with papers from any legitimate court

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

the best snipe

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Baloogan posted:

in a 5-4 decision... in a 6-3 decision... in a 7-2 decision...

court with scalia passed gay marriage. if people can hold out for three years, a democrat probably gets to replace liberals with liberals and thomas with a liberal. would own.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/05/12/former-kgb-trump-russia-photos-oval-office-ctn.cnn

even the KGB lol

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

gregday posted:

serious question

Trump has no willingness to go through that effort/risk when in his mind the matter of financial conflicts of interests is settled with a press conference with a bunch of manila folders filled with blank paper.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zegermans posted:

I've had a personal theory that race relations reached an apex in the 70s and have been cascading downwards since Reagan, made worse still by all presidents since.

Does this theory hold true?

race relations is a garbage term

its not a situation w like uh the interactions of race based power blocs negotiating diplomatic accords

its literally just racism, 'race relations' is about problems arising from racism

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Unperson_47 posted:

Yes, yes he was!

Drunk Theory posted:

He wasn't hiding in the bushes!...it was near the bushes instead.

"among" the bushes, is how WP corrected their story, likely between bouts of insane laughter.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

cmndstab posted:

there's some story about him doing this in a business lawsuit years ago. he showed up for arbitration and whipped out a tape recorder as if he just found a magic bullet and his lawyers immediately knew that they'd totally lost.

he learned nothing lmao

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Fidel Castronaut posted:

court with scalia passed gay marriage. if people can hold out for three years, a democrat probably gets to replace liberals with liberals and thomas with a liberal. would own.

or kennedy rbg both get replaced w/hard right 18yos or i dont know

oh poo poo twin peaks is this month isnt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jeb! was eliminated in such a brutal fashion he's become a folk hero lol

• Locked thread