Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Nah, he's a villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
gaz is the true villain

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Metrohunter posted:

is ultron good
Yeah he's pretty strong with his auto-brut stomp and auto-crit laser blast.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Metrohunter posted:

is ultron good

He's good as long as you aren't playing pure summoner.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's good as long as you aren't playing

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's good as long as you aren't playing pure summoner.

looks like he gets to autopilot his summons via talents anyway so I guess just pick a ranged build and the autosummon talents would be alright

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Yup, that's what I run and he's perfectly fine.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Why are none of the villains in the PS4 beta? I wanted to try out Ultron and Doom.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Who the gently caress is doom?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He's the cool guy with green power armour charged by unholy magic runes won from the depths of Hell.

And he has a shotgun.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Having been online for a year at most, the Korean and Taiwanese MH servers will be shut down next month. :v: It doesn't look like any official reasons for this will be forthcoming, but one theory I've read was that the game is insufficiently P2W/competitive for the markets in question.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Why are none of the villains in the PS4 beta? I wanted to try out Ultron and Doom.

they're probably saving them all for a future villain-themed update where they all get added at once or something. they know people wont shut up about asking for playable villains until they get them

probably release them all alongside Carnage

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

If we ever get Carnage and A. Venom I'd be pretty happy. Meanwhile I'll just mess around with Shulk and Cage.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MMAgCh posted:

Having been online for a year at most, the Korean and Taiwanese MH servers will be shut down next month. :v: It doesn't look like any official reasons for this will be forthcoming, but one theory I've read was that the game is insufficiently P2W/competitive for the markets in question.

C'mon gaz, get your poo poo together. Gotta play to your audience in Korea

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

someone sell me an ultron enchilada beam in this dead game

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

coming soon: omega gear gated behind fortune cards becuz u demanded itttttt

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

It didn't.</RonHoward>

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Fart

Content

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
i havent logged in in forever, what do i spend my splinters on

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
So I'm kind of learning this game all over again and also my name is GoonLegoman so I'd like an invite to Groot Force Thank you

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Got a little tired of smashing stuff with Hulk so decided to spend some splinters on a random character and got Squirrel Girl. Was pretty disappointed initially, but she is absolutely wrecking poo poo in the mid teen levels. I think she's at like 16 or 17 now and just completely demolishing every mook those squirrels happen across. Does this continue to the end game stuff? Or do the squirrels become a bit less potent as levels progress?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Yes, Squirrel Girl remains a fantastic hero in all content.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Inspector 34 posted:

Got a little tired of smashing stuff with Hulk so decided to spend some splinters on a random character and got Squirrel Girl. Was pretty disappointed initially, but she is absolutely wrecking poo poo in the mid teen levels. I think she's at like 16 or 17 now and just completely demolishing every mook those squirrels happen across. Does this continue to the end game stuff? Or do the squirrels become a bit less potent as levels progress?

Aside from what Loz said, it's really not worth thinking about how any character feels before at least level 30, when you have the whole base kit unlocked. Once you have a couple characters at 60, you'll level much too quickly for it to even be a consideration. When you're where most of the thread is, you'll be hitting 60 around the end of chapter 3 depending on server bonuses (I just took Star-Lord and Rocket to cosmic during the GotG boost and they tended to hit 60 before The Hood up to red). And, even better for your sanity, you get 75 of the 200 percent bonus with just four heroes (it drops off to 5% per after). When we talk about relative quality of heroes, we're invariably talking about endgame unless we're specifying that it was a particularly fun cosmic experience (at which point you know the poster is a liar).

But yeah, just to reiterate, Squirrel Girl owns.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Is there any way to toggle off the bonus xp? I've got a ton of lvl 60 heroes from way back and a few of my friends just picked this up from the first time. I'd like to level one of the four or five unlocked characters I have with them, but I don't want to outpace the poo poo out them while leveling.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Frustrated posted:

Is there any way to toggle off the bonus xp? I've got a ton of lvl 60 heroes from way back and a few of my friends just picked this up from the first time. I'd like to level one of the four or five unlocked characters I have with them, but I don't want to outpace the poo poo out them while leveling.

There should be a checkbox for it under the gameplay section of the options.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

So what's the max xp boost available now after they changed the boosts around?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Lux Aeterna posted:

So what's the max xp boost available now after they changed the boosts around?

If you don't have any old boosts then it's 200 synergy, 10 cyclops, 10 catalyst, 10 mole man medallion, 200 from the consumables.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Gaz didn't want the upcoming OMEGA PRESTIGE to be too easy with the new boosts.

vuorikissa
May 1, 2007

Jusupov posted:

If you don't have any old boosts then it's 200 synergy, 10 cyclops, 10 catalyst, 10 mole man medallion, 200 from the consumables.

Plus 10 or 20 from the legendary (I think Godkiller is 20, and then there's one or two event ones with 10, but that's from memory; I'm in the not-playing-anymore phase currently.)

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Holy poo poo, I did not realize there were that many xp boosts! Would I be better off just getting Hulk to 60 before I bother with any other heroes?

My day 8 login bonus was a bunch of Infinity Orbs. I gathered them all up, but don't see them in my inventory or currency tabs, what are they for? How do I use them?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

vuorikissa posted:

Plus 10 or 20 from the legendary (I think Godkiller is 20, and then there's one or two event ones with 10, but that's from memory; I'm in the not-playing-anymore phase currently.)

Oh yeah. Also 7 from achievers brew if you still get those?

chombo
Sep 11, 2001

Jusupov posted:

Oh yeah. Also 7 from achievers brew if you still get those?

Yea, you do, but they only last 15 minutes. Kinda kicking myself for not hoarding them when we were all getting achievements like mad, but ehh, it's only 7%.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

chombo posted:

Yea, you do, but they only last 15 minutes. Kinda kicking myself for not hoarding them when we were all getting achievements like mad, but ehh, it's only 7%.

It's still good when you box prestige for cosmic/omegi

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Inspector 34 posted:

Holy poo poo, I did not realize there were that many xp boosts! Would I be better off just getting Hulk to 60 before I bother with any other heroes?

My day 8 login bonus was a bunch of Infinity Orbs. I gathered them all up, but don't see them in my inventory or currency tabs, what are they for? How do I use them?

Orbs are just something you absorb, not items you collect...though you must have gotten a chest of infinity orbs for the login reward and opened it to spawn them. Those particular ones give you xp towards earning Infinity Points which are spent on bonuses in the middle tab of the powers window.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

LegoMan posted:

So I'm kind of learning this game all over again and also my name is GoonLegoman so I'd like an invite to Groot Force Thank you

I didn't see you in the roster yet so I just sent an invite.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Wait, they finally fixed Doreen? What kind of hellworld alt universe have I walked into. Anyway, a shame that they're not letting people at least keep their splinters in the console version to open beta. It'd be neat to actually be able to play one of the 600 splinter heroes without having to farm for like 2 weeks.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Any publisher that's not Gaz: "Our game is in Closed Beta. Not everyone will get in. You are under NDA, and can not share info about the game. We'll add more testers in waves."
Gaz: "Marvel Heroes Omega is in Closed Beta. Everyone, stream it and give away keys! Everyone can be a tester!"

Gazillion: Where "going live" means Open Beta.

Also:

:siren: PLACE ASROS ON SUICIDE WATCH :siren:
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/863149440156147712

Titan
Jan 14, 2002

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Wait, they finally fixed Doreen? What kind of hellworld alt universe have I walked into. Anyway, a shame that they're not letting people at least keep their splinters in the console version to open beta. It'd be neat to actually be able to play one of the 600 splinter heroes without having to farm for like 2 weeks.

She's pretty strong now, but they also broke her a little, a long with a lot of other heroes. The particle filters are all hosed up and other players can see her squirrels and it just covers everything in squirrels and dust. She is rather awesome now though.

Metrohunter posted:

someone sell me an ultron enchilada beam in this dead game

What kind do you need?

Titan
Jan 14, 2002

Lozareth posted:

Orbs are just something you absorb, not items you collect...though you must have gotten a chest of infinity orbs for the login reward and opened it to spawn them. Those particular ones give you xp towards earning Infinity Points which are spent on bonuses in the middle tab of the powers window.

Ever going to spill the beans on how you REALLY got that Tasky TTK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, guess I'll just buy her and some other 200 splinter hero when open beta wipes me.