Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Clearly the game the Bots needs to riff on would be a Kingdom Hearts game

Certainly would be convoluted enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Egbert Souse posted:

I remember Rebel Assault II having a MST mode complete with silhouette.

I'd like a GTA style sandbox game that let you play as MST characters and movie characters.

If you select Mitchell, he's really slow and needs Schlitz to regenerate. Or Trumpy can do magic things. Mr B Natural can teleport and dance to evade the Danger!! Death Ray being fired by Donald Pleasence.

How have I never heard of this before?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

Personally, I'd just add the bots and friend to a weird/bad/riffable game. Like, Xenogears or Drakengard.

Yeah, I was thinking of something like a series of short levels that parody legendary bad games in various genres/the actual games if they're old enough to be abandonware with Madden tech dynamic riffing from the gang, and little WarioWare-type minigames for the interstitials.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Bicyclops posted:

An grindey, badly translated JRPG that the bots come up and mock while you play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSL9jaDdyFE

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Finally finished the new season and enjoyed a lot of it. Still shocked that the Mount Airy Lodge jingle got slipped into The Time Travelers.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Those Netflix videos are fun, and show there are fans of the show working pretty high up for the CCO to appear.

I'm actually starting to think Joel might be the thing that could prevent Netflix producing a next season. Netflix likes to have a strong bargaining position. It's why they don't release ratings or anything that could help the creatives in negotiation. If Joel thinks letting them fully produce the next season might hurt the show for the fans, he may tell them he's going back to kickstarter and will just being back another finished season for them after.

Problem then being if they can actually raise the money for another season, even though they wouldn't need as much.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Those Netflix videos are fun, and show there are fans of the show working pretty high up for the CCO to appear.

I'm actually starting to think Joel might be the thing that could prevent Netflix producing a next season. Netflix likes to have a strong bargaining position. It's why they don't release ratings or anything that could help the creatives in negotiation. If Joel thinks letting them fully produce the next season might hurt the show for the fans, he may tell them he's going back to kickstarter and will just being back another finished season for them after.

Problem then being if they can actually raise the money for another season, even though they wouldn't need as much.

I'm sure they'll work it out in the end, but this is probably one of several things they have to hammer out. With regular shows you have the starting point of whatever the contract for the first season was.

I have to think the quality of the first season helps Joel out as far as retaining creative control. I'm sure Netflix would want some say, but it would be hard for them to argue it's necessary to produce a good season.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Yeah, I'm not even saying Netflix would try to get creative input. They're probably happy with it as is. It may just be Joel deciding the show is better being a product of the fans and beholden only to them. A lot of his Kickstarter updates have gone into how happy he is with being totally fan funded. It makes sense, given his history with producers on the show.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
The Kickstarter update I got earlier in the week was him talking about a live tour, which is nice, but it's probably not coming anywhere near my town. So gimme new episodes man!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I'm not even saying Netflix would try to get creative input. They're probably happy with it as is. It may just be Joel deciding the show is better being a product of the fans and beholden only to them. A lot of his Kickstarter updates have gone into how happy he is with being totally fan funded. It makes sense, given his history with producers on the show.

I don't think they could successfully crowdfund a second season. Wasn't the stated purpose of the first campaign to prove to a network that there's a demand? They were implicitly saying that a successful Kickstarter and first season would lead to non-fan sources of funding that would keep the show going for years to come. They can go back to that well because the value proposition for donors was that they were funding potentially multiple seasons of a revival.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The whole Rebel Assault 2 thing is on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tubBVY0K68Y

Edit: It'S MST1138.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

The whole Rebel Assault 2 thing is on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tubBVY0K68Y

Edit: It'S MST1138.

Man I watched this to death when I first found it. I remember being destroyed by the ackbar shrimp-eating gloves stuff.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

ja2ke posted:

Yes this is a good idea. Unlocking the 8 doors seems obvious and great.

There could be a Space Mutiny mode where every time you hit a pop bumper, one of the nicknamed versions of the main character (BLAST HARDCHEESE!) pops up on the screen, but they're all slightly deformed.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,as someone who doesn't have Netflix , is this show any good? A friend of mine has been singing its praises for a while now, and I was considering getting Netflix on my PC so I could watch it, among other shows I've been interested in (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Lucha Undergound).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

VolticSurge posted:

So,as someone who doesn't have Netflix , is this show any good? A friend of mine has been singing its praises for a while now, and I was considering getting Netflix on my PC so I could watch it, among other shows I've been interested in (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Lucha Undergound).

Yeah it's quite good. 3 of the 4 Marvel shows on Netflix (Daredevil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones) are also good.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Egbert Souse posted:

I remember Rebel Assault II having a MST mode complete with silhouette.

I'd like a GTA style sandbox game that let you play as MST characters and movie characters.

If you select Mitchell, he's really slow and needs Schlitz to regenerate. Or Trumpy can do magic things. Mr B Natural can teleport and dance to evade the Danger!! Death Ray being fired by Donald Pleasence.

Lego mst3k.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

VolticSurge posted:

Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3W6Xfh0gck and see if it sells ya.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

OK,that is :perfect:

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 12, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That was about my reaction too. The movie and the riffs were good (I mean, "good" for the movie) but that skit in the first episode was when I *knew* the show was back.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Capsule!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Arivia posted:

Capsule!

Capsule?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

They seem to have a hands-off approach with House of Cards and other shows, they'd be crazy to interfere with a show that costs $6 million for 20 hours of content.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Egbert Souse posted:

They seem to have a hands-off approach with House of Cards and other shows, they'd be crazy to interfere with a show that costs $6 million for 20 hours of content.
I'd like to think that Joel would be canny enough to be doing something like holding out to get *two* seasons worth funded or something like that.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Going back through Futurama, and I forgot that they made an MST reference. In "Raging Bender" the crew goes to a movie, then the switch to a silhouette shot, and Fry makes a bad joke, then gets sushed and it pans over to Tom and Crow who tell him not to talk during the movie.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Capsule?

BANG!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

mangler103 posted:

Going back through Futurama, and I forgot that they made an MST reference. In "Raging Bender" the crew goes to a movie, then the switch to a silhouette shot, and Fry makes a bad joke, then gets sushed and it pans over to Tom and Crow who tell him not to talk during the movie.

And then there was the time Mike & the Bots popped up on the MST3K inspired show "Cheap Seats"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj83qMPkSTQ

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There was more than one appearance on Talk Soup as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kCxQbaM1HQ

Looking for that led me to this playlist, which is kinda fun

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Light Gun Man posted:

There was more than one appearance on Talk Soup as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kCxQbaM1HQ

Looking for that led me to this playlist, which is kinda fun

I have an episode of the PBS show Newton's Apple with Mike and the Bots that I haven't seen anywhere else. The show's topic, of course, robots.

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
I've only had time to make it to Avalanche so far, but I think my favorite thing is Mary Jo just awkwardly doing things in the background at the end of every episode.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Disconnecticus posted:

I've only had time to make it to Avalanche so far, but I think my favorite thing is Mary Jo just awkwardly doing things in the background at the end of every episode.

That's just a clone.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Yeah I love the Mary Jo clone, I hope we see more of her next season.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Yeah I love the Mary Jo clone, I hope we see more of her next season.

Do you like Gypsy's new voice?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Disconnecticus posted:

That's Rebecca Hanson.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

remusclaw posted:

Do you like Gypsy's new voice?

She feels underdeveloped, and the new Gypsy voice is just sort of plain. I understand the concerns about the old Gypsy voice but I loved her character in bits like the Lord of the Dance sketch, or her dancing at the end of Toobular Boobular. Her overall sci-fi element added a layer of offbeat weirdness that's missing from the revival, as well, there was something slightly discomforting about her that sold the show's vague menace.

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?

PostNouveau posted:

That's Rebecca Hanson.

You just blew my mind. I honestly thought it was MJP.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

PostNouveau posted:

That's Rebecca Hanson.

Her story about becoming the new Gypsy is really, really sweet.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Disconnecticus posted:

Well that's kind of the gag.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Disconnecticus posted:

The thick layer of makeup helps, but it is a pretty amazing likeness even so.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
She does a pretty solid vocal impression at times too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Disconnecticus posted:

Yeah she does a good impression. Plus you give two people the same haircut/wig and makeup, it goes a long way.