Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I've seen on three occasions now weird Indian men who try to loving haggle prices at big-box stores and gum up the line for 15 minutes while the cashier desperately tries to explain to them that's not how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I wanted to upload a picture to upload here but now Imgur forces you to have an account and I don't want to use my real email but I can't remember the email to the fake one. It's not hard to make another gmail account but it's :effort: . I am also sad that I can't post said picture.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I've seen on three occasions now weird Indian men who try to loving haggle prices at big-box stores and gum up the line for 15 minutes while the cashier desperately tries to explain to them that's not how it works.

I guarantee it happens at least daily in a supermarket. I've been that cashier and it's super frustrating.

gewki
May 2, 2017
Sainsbury's running out of houmous

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

FWP: hired a dude to trim our tree. He only did maybe half of it, citing he couldn't do the rest because of its height. He never said that poo poo when he first looked it over. So my mom paid him the full amount and our tree is still towering over the house.

We hired some guys to cut back two trees on our property. The estimator didn't take any notes but quoted us a price. When the two guys arrived to do the work they couldn't do the first tree because one of the guys was allergic to cedar and it was next to a cedar (this is western Washington how the gently caress do you survive if you're allergic to cedar?). They couldn't do the second tree because they didn't bring a bucket truck that goes high enough because the other one is in the shop. WTF.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's getting warmer, so that means it's time to clear out all the assorted minor bits that accumulated in my car during the fall and winter. Stuff that doesn't seem like a lot, until you roll down your window and every pointless receipt you should've thrown away now blow around.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The place I took my car to get washed used lovely microfiber cloths so I had to go over the insides of all the windows to get the forest of white fuzz off.

Also somehow water got under the rubber thing at the bottom of my side windows, so now whenever I open and then close my car's windows the part that went under the rubber comes up all streaky and poo poo.

It's my first car I bought new and it's like an endless battle with that sort of thing

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
You should go back there and demand recompensation.

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013

Kelp Me! posted:

She assigned a final paper on the day you skipped class and literally never mentioned it in class or via email or whatever again?

Yep! Damnedest thing. I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the syllabus either.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

My phone is starting to do this thing where it locks up for a few seconds every minute or two where I'm using the screen, and it's both annoying and extremely inconsistent. Like just now I was typing out this post and it went unresponsive for a moment, but the cursor within the post editor kept flashing. Other times I'll be watching some on YouTube it'll hitch for a moment, but at the same time I never experience such hitching when I listen to music.

Granted my phone is almost 4 years old by now (Galaxy S4) but it was working great until now and I don't want to have to figure which phone I want to get and which case/cover to buy and moving all my poo poo from this phone to the new one and having my phone bill go up and :(

FWP/Update: the day after I order accessories for the phone I'm planning to buy next week, my phone stops doing all of this weird poo poo. Whatever, after four years I'm due anyway.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

BuddyChrist posted:

We hired some guys to cut back two trees on our property. The estimator didn't take any notes but quoted us a price. When the two guys arrived to do the work they couldn't do the first tree because one of the guys was allergic to cedar and it was next to a cedar (this is western Washington how the gently caress do you survive if you're allergic to cedar?). They couldn't do the second tree because they didn't bring a bucket truck that goes high enough because the other one is in the shop. WTF.

You would think that if you were allergic to common trees in your area, maaaaybe a job in tree removal isn't for you...

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I told my computer to update and shutdown before I left for uni and it's taking foreveeeer to install the drat things now that I've restarted it. It's usually fast enough it's done by the time I'm done changing and getting dinner stuff and all that, but not today.

I'm hungry and tired and I just want to chill out :(

Not even 10% aaahhh

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So there's one of those comparison websites called Trivago which deals in hotel bookings and the like. It has a very pleasant, chirpy lady in their adverts who is very nice and happily explaining how convenient everything is, ending all adverts with the slogan - "Hotel? Trivago".

It's such an open, transparent way of nudging your mind into associating the two and it's loving worked on me. I don't even do a lot of traveling, but every time I think of one the other instantly springs into my head. :suicide:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Where are you located? In the US it's a very suave handsome man doing the ads.

Also to this day I have yet to find a cheaper hotel price than just booking directly through the hotel's own website. I think the major chains actually have a guarantee that you won't find rates cheaper than directly through them. It makes sense, I guess!

Oh and just Googling hotels in the area will gice you a pretty accurate comparison to get started.

Never booked a hotel internationally though since AirBnB kicks rear end. $80 USD for a 2-bathroom apartment overlooking the Arc de Triompf in Barcelona? :getin:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

You're walking down the dead center of the street on your cellphone, completely ignoring your small child on a tricycle weaving around and also ignoring the 3 cars behind you trying to get by, but yes, I'm the rear end in a top hat for tapping my horn to remind you that you're walking down a road, where cars go.

They just redid the sidewalks on my street, too.

e: joke's on you lady, I guess you missed the big Lululemon recall where they pulled back their black yoga pants that were actually see-through :haw:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm a brit, so we get a very lovely Australian lady. Had some of those adverts online which use the bloke you mentioned though.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm a brit, so we get a very lovely Australian lady. Had some of those adverts online which use the bloke you mentioned though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L73AhvAadHM

what a dreamboat :swoon:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Doing paperwork in a cafe and realise I need to get some documents from home. loving windows update 1 of 7 is taking forever!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

BuddyChrist posted:

Kill all tradesmen. I have never dealt with a tradie who wasn't an idiot hell-fucker of the highest order.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Our POS at work has difficulty rounding some purchases properly when applying the tax and is sometimes off by $0.01. So someone buys two $3 items, it will come up as $6.01. Since we don't have pennies, we can just accept $6 cash because we round to the closest $0.05. But if they use a card, there is no rounding, and it charges them the extra cent.

Every loving day someone complains. Like they're so cheap they'll make an rear end of themselves, hold up the line, and treat someone like poo poo over a goddamn penny. But they don't want to use cash because it's 'inconvenient'.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ITS the principle of the thing!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
More like oldpenniless.

Am I doing this right?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

More like oldpenniless.

Am I doing this right?

More like Malachitedoubtful

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The hair color I use re-packaged their product and now it's lovely. It doesn't come with shampoo/conditioner/finishing cream, it doesn't have the nice brush thingy, and the packaging is cheap. gently caress profit margin$.

I'm too busy to read or post on the forums other than this right now due to it currently being slow at work.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

Picnic Princess posted:

Our POS at work has difficulty rounding some purchases properly when applying the tax and is sometimes off by $0.01. So someone buys two $3 items, it will come up as $6.01. Since we don't have pennies, we can just accept $6 cash because we round to the closest $0.05. But if they use a card, there is no rounding, and it charges them the extra cent.

Every loving day someone complains. Like they're so cheap they'll make an rear end of themselves, hold up the line, and treat someone like poo poo over a goddamn penny. But they don't want to use cash because it's 'inconvenient'.

lol that is literally stealing and if this happens as much as you say it does, who is taking the cream off the top?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Jeff Sichoe posted:

lol that is literally stealing and if this happens as much as you say it does, who is taking the cream off the top?

What I didn't mention is the equal number of times it shorts us a penny. Because cheap fuckers won't complain about that.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just bought some new clothes including some brand-new running shoes, although cheap ones for budget reasons. Turns out they had a factory defect and one of the insoles unglued itself after literally 20 minutes of walking. I'll need to wait until Wednesday to replace them.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Richard Pryor, iirc.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I need more math books to study off of but I don't want to spend the money on them right now.

Related problem: I'm getting into 400-level stuff that is breaking my brain. I'd really like to go back to college to turn my math minor into a math major but that costs money.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yeah, major money

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I went inside the mcdonalds thinking it would be faster, because I just wanted an iced tea, but it's taking forever and there's a ton of really creepy people in here. It shouldn't take 10 minutes to get an iced tea. Also all of them are coughing, and they aren't together. Just random creepy, coughing people.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 01:51 on May 15, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Picnic Princess posted:

What I didn't mention is the equal number of times it shorts us a penny. Because cheap fuckers won't complain about that.
That doesn't mean you aren't stealing from the people you're overcharging though. You might not come out ahead, but that just means you're bad at crime.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

Also all of them are coughing, and they aren't together. Just random creepy, coughing people.

this is basically our new apartment lol

(I mentioned poo poo earlier, they are running the bath 4-12+ times a day, we've figured out. and most of them are: 3-6 bursts over 15 seconds, one ran long enough for an actual bath at 8am and one around 11pm, or randomly throughout the day, not long enough to fill the tub but not the quick multiple bursts either. or like how they ran it for 15 seconds a little after midnight and again for 2 seconds a few minutes later as I was drifting off to sleep. cool)

e: I keep mixing up complaint threads but still :mad:

snoo has a new favorite as of 05:11 on May 15, 2017

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Got a huge weekend motorbiking and camping and bonfires and fireworks and cabins and snow and poo poo coming up 'down south' but just got an e-mail saying the drat ferry to the southern island of my nation is cancelled on the friday??

wtf I got leave and everything booked!

oh wait that means I can take off thursday as well and just extend the whole drat thing?

sweeeeet

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
What I thought was just really bad allergies yesterday actually turned into a pretty awful head cold.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tiggum posted:

That doesn't mean you aren't stealing from the people you're overcharging though. You might not come out ahead, but that just means you're bad at crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLw9OBV7HYA

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

My work laptop has no numpad.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The car I was kinda sorta almost thinking of going to look at to maybe buy was sold to some rear end in a top hat who had money and could get there before I could bother to go.

Dammit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tiggum posted:

He is presumably in Canada, where we ditched pennies and slight 1 cent miscalculations are just a matter of course now. The government's official position is "It's 1 loving penny, guys."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aphrodite posted:

He is presumably in Canada, where we ditched pennies and slight 1 cent miscalculations are just a matter of course now. The government's official position is "It's 1 loving penny, guys."

We haven't had 1 cent coins in Australia for a long time now. If your purchase comes out to $1.99 and you pay cash, yeah, you pay the extra cent. If you pay by card though it's exactly $1.99 because it's not like we forgot how maths works or abolished all numbers below 0.05.