Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Another visit by the GungHo pal machine, another set of rolls with 0 blue Kalis. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Mason Dixon posted:

Another visit by the GungHo pal machine, another set of rolls with 0 blue Kalis. :negative:

I have two and have never used them and wont ever use them

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I got my 2nd blue Kali and STILL don't have a Pinkuya.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

~100 pal pulled this morning and got my first and only sakuya of any kind.

Welcome to the bench, pink waifu!

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

UchihaHirou posted:

I got my third BKali, no Pinkuya.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

UchihaHirou posted:

Pink Sakuya used to be interesting, as she was one of the few Unbindable red dragons that could be useful on a theoretical Sherias Roots team but now that Reincarnated Sakuya exists she is basically trash.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pookel posted:

I'm trying to keep up with this thread, but can someone explain what "inherit" means here?

Also, is there anything worth keeping that might come out of the new Pal machine (keeping in mind that "worth keeping" means "better than one of the five-star dragons I'm currently using"), or should I just feed them all?

I pulled on the heroine machine and got a Sheena. Better than anything I had before, but how does she rate vs. the other possibilities?

<--- still a noob

when people talk about inheriting, they're referring to what the manage assists tab does. basically you choose a base monster and an assist monster and the base gets to use the assist's skill. so you'd charge up your normal skill, then charge up the secondary skill afterwards (ie if both take 5 turns to charge, you'd be able to use the first skill in 5 turns and the assist skill in 10). you also get bonus stats from the assist if both are the same primary color. you don't lose the monster that you set as an assist, but you can't use them in a team either so keep that in mind

kali, sakuya, and arthur are probably worth keeping one of

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Paul Zuvella posted:

I have two and have never used them and wont ever use them

I had 3 but used 2 of them as +297 holders so I fed them to DAthena (and the latent slot tamadra)

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

pookel posted:

I'm trying to keep up with this thread, but can someone explain what "inherit" means here?

Also, is there anything worth keeping that might come out of the new Pal machine (keeping in mind that "worth keeping" means "better than one of the five-star dragons I'm currently using"), or should I just feed them all?

I pulled on the heroine machine and got a Sheena. Better than anything I had before, but how does she rate vs. the other possibilities?

<--- still a noob

Inherit is the old name for the Assist system, where the active is stapled on top of the active of another card and will replace it after it charges enough. If you're new you're not really at the point where you need to be thinking much about it yet.

Red Sakuya and Blue Kali are the two big ticket items from the Gungho PEM, Arthur has niche in farming teams for dungeons like STTD (so hang onto a few if you want to be prepared for lategame, although there's other alternatives so no big deal if you don't). Yukari has a niche on Gremory teams (and mostly useless otherwise), Pianis is sometimes a collector's item but not very useful. Everything else is generally safe to feed for the +s or as skillups.

Sheena is a bicolor board maker which makes her an excellent inherit for certain teams, but she's otherwise not particularly notable. She did just get Machine Killer with her ult which might be useful for some dungeons though. I don't know of any teams that use her as a sub normally but you can probably figure something out in a pinch. Relative to the other Heroines pulls, she's near the bottom: one of the most common pulls but not trash, that distinction belongs to Mel.

UchihaHirou posted:

First time we got the RSak/BKali PEM I put in ~300 rolls for one RSak and zero BKalis. :smith:

This run 160 rolls gave me 2 RSaks, 2 BKalis, 4 Arthurs and 7 Pianis. :unsmith:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

dwarf74 posted:

Of course now I have a bunch of +285 monsters and still need a billion snowglobes, but wow.

When STTD rolls around tomorrow, feed 2 +6 demons to each +285 to easily +297 each.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I had 3 but used 2 of them as +297 holders so I fed them to DAthena (and the latent slot tamadra)

So how do people manage this poo poo? Before I stopped playing for a long time I was using some system from a post on the PADX forums. It was really spergy and micromanagement intense but it was nice because I didn't really have to think.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Oh a blue Kali finally showed up... of course it had to be on my alt. :mad:

Fine, guess I'll just have to get SS Isis on my alt as well now.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kuros posted:

When STTD rolls around tomorrow, feed 2 +6 demons to each +285 to easily +297 each.
:hfive:

That's the plan! Hope it comes at good times for me and my alt.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Manatee Cannon posted:

when people talk about inheriting, they're referring to what the manage assists tab does.
Is this something that only happens after you hit a certain level? I don't see this anywhere ....

ETA my ID is 375,725,487 if anyone wants to friend me. Just be aware my stuff is likely to stay janky as I don't spend real money and I only have time to play in between work and single parenting.

pookel fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 12, 2017

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

pookel posted:

Is this something that only happens after you hit a certain level? I don't see this anywhere ....

ETA my ID is 375,725,487 if anyone wants to friend me. Just be aware my stuff is likely to stay janky as I don't spend real money and I only have time to play in between work and single parenting.

You get access to assists once you hit rank 130. If you haven't used your Snow Globe Rush or EXP of a lifetime dungeons yet, you can get to rank 70 or so if you pair with a Ganesha friend for both.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Or like, just fuse one more +15 and don't sweat it over losing 3 +'s.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Gotta be efficient.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Talking of is able to assist or not, PadX has been updated (well, since I last really looked) and it now shows who can or not.
Also the relevant killer latents, as well as the assist stat boosts, both with and without 297 on the assistant card. Pretty cool imo.

Pulled a blue Kali. First pull! (out of 40, but still)
Tbh, I don't care. Rainbow stuff isn't my thing at all

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

No Pinkuya or BKali pulls over a mere 60ish rolls, but got a BKali last time and she's never been used anyway

Pulled the Heroine REM twice more with challenge mode stones, got Kuvia #2 and Mito. Don't really mind even trash pulls since that's still a nice chunk of MP. My parrot, who pulled Ilmina last time, pulled a Romia this time

I'm also back over 300K MP and wondering whether to save it or get another MP card. I have DAthena, and once bought RagDra but he's not been used. I have everything needed to super ult a RaDra straight from the machine, somehow, but even though he's still good he's not appealing too much right now, idk

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Hurray for being hilariously off on my estimates because instead of only being able to make 2-3 +297s I was about to make about 5 of them via ~100 rolls (glad I had't redeemed all my quest PAL points yet).. :toot:

Now to figure out who gets these. Maybe Revo Persephone and Sima Yi as D.Athena subs. and A.Ares for my Shiva squad.

dwarf74 posted:

Nope. I wish you could; I'd like my ReMinerva to get a stat boost from RSakuya, but no.

Being able to inherit blue Kali would be amazing if we could. Though she's still a really nice sub for newer players with her 2 TPAs and full board change.

Mason Dixon posted:

I pulled 3 of her and 3 Arthurs but 0 Sakuyas. :rolldice:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Got Pink Sakuya after 140 rolls, or ~270 rolls if you count the +9 PEM that was last time where she didn't show up. 2 BKalis in the same amount of rolls.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I got my PSakuya within 20 of my 50 free rolls. Haven't used my stored PAL points since I need to start sorting my box / buy more / actually use my folder / update padherder with poo poo I want to evolve.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Why, though? The play difference between +285 and +299 is negligible, and easily fixed without waste.

Keep in mind, though, I am way behind in 297's for my rank, so I'm more concerned about +egg efficiency than I otherwise would be after 1500 days.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I got two pinkuyas on the same 10-roll. They know they're appreciated.

BTW, R. Sakuya is back to being a decent leader thanks to the new batch of 7x6 leads like Ginchiyo or Diablos. (plus as many double 7combo awakening subs you can fit)

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Thanks to the goons who friended me, and god drat you guys weren't kidding about the power level at the higher ranks of this game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3537

Goetia's new form is a flat 7x for D/G units. That seems like it'd be nice for push button teams that have a bunch of Zuoh subs but otherwise she still seems kinda mediocre, no?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

She and Ars Nova were never that strong but unconditional 49x has its place even if no one is going to toss aside their favorite waifu for them.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

UHD posted:

She and Ars Nova were never that strong but unconditional 49x has its place even if no one is going to toss aside their favorite waifu for them.

At least arse-nova has a specific segment of fans on lockdown.

aquaticrabbit
Aug 2, 2004
Anybody else pull Julie and planning on using her? Feel free to add me (383,716,336).

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Is it time to start cashing on my 80 or so pal point mails?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

Yes

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

Very much yes. 20 rolls = +297 monster

GungHo +egg PEM is the best PEM. GungHo +egg >>>>>>>>>>>> Enhance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Evo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rare

The arrows don't lie.

Edit: v Evo is still way better than rare.

Kuros fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 12, 2017

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Evo definitely slid down that ratings board a fair bit with the new weekday dungeon changes

I farmed up 10 Dub Mythlits today and it was the loving best

fairlight
May 18, 2007

I regret ever opening a single pal point mail

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Void damage isn't the same as absorb damage. gently caress you, Noah Dragon. :negative:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

Absolutely. Have fun figuring out which dozen or so units you want to bump to +297.

fairlight posted:

I regret ever opening a single pal point mail

Same. When I started playing again I probably opened 70-100k worth of PAL point emails that I had stockpiled, all because I wanted to dump exp in to new (to me) units like Revo Shiva and Revo Kagutsuchi. :sigh:

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Evil Fluffy posted:

Absolutely. Have fun figuring out which dozen or so units you want to bump to +297.

Probably Esper, No. 41. Those are my +297 mules. :P

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Anybody still hanging onto a BF after the latest reset? Maybe even two people for a triangle?
Dolphin here.

I'm usually running penta-maxed Shiva or DAthena.
I also have RaDra, ShivaDog, YomiDra (none in their final forms), and all sorts of other crap.

I may even be willing to just yolo-BF somebody if we can't get a triangle going soon... Or triangle despite lacking shared mains, etc.

I need a Shiva bff, what's your ID?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

The Hebug posted:

Probably Esper, No. 41. Those are my +297 mules. :P

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
lol if you don't use Vampire because it sorts to the end if you sort by + then Rare