Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Hm.... Crazy to say... but my Dock works well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What the dock

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

What is the point of this? If you use the electronics from the dock, the screen will turn off when you place it on this.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I do wish someone would make a dock/case that would let me put on a Amazon Fire Kids Edition style invincible rubber shell on it and still it use it docked.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 12, 2017

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Is TellTale owned by Sony? Because if not I can't imagine why they're not dumping their games on the Switch. There's like 100 of them and Nintendo would be able to say "look at all the gaaaaaaames our [dead] console has!"

Telltale got themselves banned from the Wii because they got into a shouting match with Nintendo's compliance department over what they were/were not allowed to do on the Wii for the Monkey Island port (maybe it was CSI? I remember it was something to do with how they cross-loaded episodes on a multi-episode disk but I can't remember what game it was), with the end result of "we'll let you do it wrong this once but gently caress you after this"-- it's why the BTTF Wii version has a different developer, Nintendo refused to deal with TTG directly :ssh:

It looks like Minecraft Story Mode is the only thing for TTG that ended up on the Wii U and it wouldn't surprise me if that was because of an IP licensing requirement. I wouldn't hold your breath for any TTG Switch ports.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 12, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

they cross-loaded episodes on a multi-episode disk

What does this mean?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo also has different people in charge of developer relations now.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Cojawfee posted:

What does this mean?

As in "What happens when you finish Episode 1 and want to go into Episode 2"-- the "correct" way would be to go back to the main menu screen, but it was built in a way that used some hard-reset command that Nintendo's API "technically allowed but discouraged the use of in most situations" to kill the game and reload it back to the launch screen. (That should be taken with the grain of salt of I wasn't involved with the engineering aspect of the issue, I was just present for the "yelling at Nintendo's compliance department that you could hear through the closed door" part) :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

As in "What happens when you finish Episode 1 and want to go into Episode 2"-- the "correct" way would be to go back to the main menu screen, but it was built in a way that used some hard-reset command that Nintendo's API "technically allowed but discouraged the use of in most situations" to kill the game and reload it back to the launch screen. (That should be taken with the grain of salt of I wasn't involved with the engineering aspect of the issue, I was just present for the "yelling at Nintendo's compliance department that you could hear through the closed door" part) :allears:
:eyepop:

This is a way better story than I expected (and also I like your username)

...But I actually came into this thread to complain that I, a manchild, cannot find this dead manchild toy console in stock anywhere. I know about istocknow, and setting it back to 7 days shows... a total of three stores in my area have had any, and I'm in a city of 250k so that seems unlikely. Are there specific days of the week where Target/Gamestop/Walmart get them in, typically? I can make myself be free before work but I don't know when to bother.

(also Italian Amazon has them in stock right now apparently and I was really tempted to try to find an Italian friend until I remembered exchange rates.)

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 12, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

You have to take your perfectly good dock apart and rebuild it what is tempting you

It's a bunch of screws a child could take it apart if the screwdrivers are in the house. The idea is to have something that better fits for travel. If it was $10 I'd probably do it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LethalGeek posted:

It's a bunch of screws a child could take it apart if the screwdrivers are in the house. The idea is to have something that better fits for travel. If it was $10 I'd probably do it.

Lol its a portable my dude

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Real hurthling! posted:

Not the dock though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:sad:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I purchased Blaster Master at launch and only just got around to it. Pretty great so far.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

I wanna take it all with me in the near future so my mom can play 1 2 Switch after seeing it cause I know she will have a good laugh with it. Kinda wanna hook it up to the tv, so I gotta pack the dock. It's a very minor thing all said.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Isn't 1 2 Switch that game where you're not supposed to look at the screen and most of the advertised demos use tabletop mode?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The dock is incredibly small and light though I have no problem sticking it in my carryon. It's like the size of a pair of socks.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tender Bender posted:

The dock is incredibly small and light though I have no problem sticking it in my carryon. It's like the size of a pair of socks.

But... hear me out.... imagine paying at least $55 more to save... an inch or two of girth.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
hehe girth

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Goon Cup, let's go.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
I put the entire switch, dock, pro controller, 4 joycons and games I own in my not-huge messenger bag and still had room for my laptop and plenty more stuff, saving the inch that thing would save doesn't seem worth taking apart my system.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The problem with moving the dock around is that I have meticulously organized cables from my devices to my television and I'm not buying a 2nd AC adapter and HDMI just to carry the dumb dock around.

(Remember this post in a week or so for when I buy a 2nd adapter and HDMI and post how awesome it is to have a portable docking solution to play this dead console on any and all big screen tvs)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just put the wires another way so you can get them?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The problem with moving the dock around is that I have meticulously organized cables from my devices to my television and I'm not buying a 2nd AC adapter and HDMI just to carry the dumb dock around.

(Remember this post in a week or so for when I buy a 2nd adapter and HDMI and post how awesome it is to have a portable docking solution to play this dead console on any and all big screen tvs)

As someone else who has my one dock tucked away in a media center just get the 2nd setup. I got so tired of dragging the dock downstairs to play in my office and back every other day. Just popping the Switch from one TV to the TV with 0 effort for the next X years was worth the money.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Just have a dock for every single TV ever created so you never have to worry about carrying a dock around.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Soon a built-in Switch dock in a TV will be as standard as a built-in HDMI port. Like a cup holder in a car, almost.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does whoever you're visiting not have any devices that use hdmi?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Owns.

Also, name/.gif combo.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

:perfect:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Patter Song posted:

This is still the best video game ad ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Like, you can talk about brutal Sega ads back in the day, but the simplicity and elegance of this trumps anything.

Yeah right next to the fact where they started charging for PS online. Also like the year after they got hacked. Anyone that fell for that kind of marketing is a loving mark. Oh, we're offering a service to you that we've always offered. How great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol u mad

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
still reeling from the ownage years later

powerful

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Just finished Blaster Master Zero. Fun game, but not sure if I can be bothered with all the backtracking I'm gonna have to do to get everything I missed to see the true ending :(

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

HyperPuma posted:

still reeling from the ownage years later

powerful

I've never bought a microsoft console.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Borsche69 posted:

I've never bought a microsoft console.

Well that makes your defense of Microsoft even weirder.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Just finished Blaster Master Zero. Fun game, but not sure if I can be bothered with all the backtracking I'm gonna have to do to get everything I missed to see the true ending :(

The fake ending is so sad I had to go back and" fix it"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Patter Song posted:

This is still the best video game ad ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Like, you can talk about brutal Sega ads back in the day, but the simplicity and elegance of this trumps anything.

That was the greatest dickslap in all history and I've seen quite a bit in my day.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

Ciaphas posted:

You actually get an entire extra stage, not just a "true ending". It's more worth it than you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I know people keep asking, but the thread moves fast and I can't find the answer. What is the goon recommended screen protector? My Switch is starting to get scratches from the dock.

• Locked thread