Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Game: Rogue Trader: The Crappening
System: Dungeons the Dragoning 40k 7th edition
Players: 3 to 5
Format: Discord text chat

Description:
Time to play a mishmash of a half dozen systems and settings. Impulsiveness is the name of the game, and morality is for the weak. Make a profit, get awesome loot, and fly to new and interesting places in your spelljammer spaceship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Game: Way of the Wicked
System: D&D 5E
Players: 5-6
Format: Discord

Description: Everyone plays a villain in this evil campaign.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: The Quiet Year: Swallows the Sea
System: The Quiet Year
Format: PbP
Players: 3-4 per game, and as many games as there are players for
Description: Our community was once near the battle lines of a great war, but since the lines have shifted they now hope for a year of relative peace – a quiet year. Little do they know that in Winter the Frost Shepherds will arrive... This is a birds-eye view, map-making game where we guide the actions of a community that lives on the edge of a war-torn world. Maybe they'll build something new; maybe we'll discover why the war is fought. We'll play to find out.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Game: The Next Project (4th playtest)
System: The Next Project (Beta 4) (homebrew)
Players: 3+
Description: Roll up your murderhobo and let's poke holes in orcs, kobolds, trolls, and this lovely D&D clone (by me, P.d0t)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Game: The Warriors of Darkness
System: Final Fantasy d6
Players: 4, Fifth one may have already been picked.
Format: Play by Discord.

Play as students of a military academy of an evil Empire and start a quest to conquer the World!

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Game: Hynes picking at the corpse of yesterday
System: Apocalypse World 2E
Players: 4 for now.
Format: PBP

Apocalypse World in London. Mutants, warlords, maelstroms and roaming gangs.

Edit: Still looking for one.

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 13, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Game: Storm's Wake, 1962
System: Hunter: The Vigil (w/ CoD / Mortal Remains rules update)
Players: 3
Format: Discord, Thursdays from ~6 PM to ~9 PM EST

In March 1962, a great storm batters the east coast, leaving the old and quiet village of Port Of Queen Anne, Maryland stranded temporarily from the outside world and disrupting the fishing trade that supports its life. The next night, a young couple from respectable families are found dead in a field, under grisly circumstances.

You are of one of the village's hunter families, trained from adolescence to defend it from the strange and horrific things that have always predated upon man. The signal fires have been lit, and you have been called.
We are down by oneTWO so if anyone wants to jump in, now's your chance! We've had one session, the summary of which is posted on the top of page 2. Come stand against a vengeful ghost on a rural island of strange and occult customs! Choose one of three hunting families to originate from, each with their own innate strengths and ties to the land and one another. Post in the thread if interested! We'll have a short session this Thursday.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 11, 2017

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Game: Storm King's Thunder
System: 5e (some houserules)
Players: Need a couple Have 2-3 already interested
Format: Roll20 for maps and rolling, discord for Voice
Time: TBD after 7:30 EST if weeknight earlier if weekend.

Storm King's Thunder is about giants y'all and there's probably thunder. The people already playing the game are pretty new to dungeons and dragons and/or played it 10 years ago. We are looking for some cool people who won't make fun of us when we don't know the rules and/or people who are willing to learn together!

If you are interested stop by our discord and check us out, when we aren't playing dnd we are doing dumb things like watching cooking shows and yelling at bad cooks or playing video games and yelling at each other.

Beo fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 11, 2017

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Game: Beyond the Horizon
System: Dungeon World
Players: 4

Fly around in an airship and explore a shattered world.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Game: The D'ni Restoration Project
System: FATE Unwritten, the Myst RPG
Players: 3-5
Format: PbP with Discord for OOC

The hot selling computer game of the late 90s, except on a forum and run by some dorky fan. Explore Ages, create worlds, and uncover the mysteries of the D'ni.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Game: Sally Forth! Tankyu Sentai, Kishiranger!
System: Tokyo Heroes
Players: 3-5, but I'll take more if there are!
Format: PbP? Discord? Let's agree to agree when we get apps!

Do you want to be a Power Ranger? Do you have an interest in King Arthur and the Knights of the Round? Do you want to YELL REALLY LOUD AND PUNCH EVIL IN THE FACE???

Also, the thread title is messed up due to a macron. Hopefully that gets fixed at some point, otherwise I'll consider it a mark of honor, not disdain.

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 16, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Game: Bells of War: A Let Thrones Beware Playtest
System: Let Thrones Beware - Playtest 004
Description:
The Baronet of the Gate of Thorns commanded that a company of guards make haste to Chael Hollow; a routine mission, had it occurred three days hence, at the beginning of the Passage. No-one in recent memory has ventured into the Deep Wood before the Passage, and the Baronet has paid handsome bonus to the Captain of the Guard who volunteered. Sensing a lucrative opportunity, a throng of merchants, peddlers, and hangers-on flocked to accompany the mission. It is less than 12 hours into the four-day journey, and already two have gone missing; lost or worse.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Game: DIAMOND BLANCMANGE https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817736
System: Paranoia High Programmers
Players: 3-6
Method: PbP or Discord

Description: Inspired by TG's recent time as Alpha Complex, I'm bringing High Programmers for a game. Basically, it's like Paranoia, but this time.. you have all the power as a HIgh Programmer. Of course, that just means you KNOW how much you are screwed, but you can't tell anyone (it's above their security clearance. Send your minions and lackeys into deathtraps, steal the Computer's resources to advance your schemes, and prevent those other High Programmers from taking the credit. Happiness and Security are mandatory, citizens, and you will make Alpha Complex happier, more secure-er, and even more perfect than it already is. What's left of it anyway.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Game: Where No Imperial Has Gone Before
System: Fantasy Flight Games Rogue Trader
Format: Roll20 and Discord
Players: 4-6
Description:

You decided to go through a strange portal to an area of space isolated by warp storms and space time anomalies. But the strange portal collapses after you, leaving you stranded with no support. Good luck.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: Land Of The Dying Sun
System: Godbound
Format: Voice Game, Discord, Dicebot
Description: Heaven sacked by Sun Wukong and the Onis of hell, the gods of the Celestial Bureaucracy slain, and the Shogun slaughtered, the world stands in a ruin of war and decay. Not even the wheel of reincarnation is safe and only the barren landscape of hell awaits those who suffer. Be the force to change the world for good or get what you can out of the world for your own amusement. Do as you wish, you are Godbound.

Players: 1-3 players needed, we had some drops

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Aug 6, 2017

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Dog Kisser posted:

Game: The Fragile Gods of Somewhere
System: Wingin' it! My last game, Sundown Run, tried to go more rules heavy and I didn't dig it
Format: CYOA / Godgame Hybrid
Players: 5 Gods BUT other readers can pool together to influence their rolls for good or ill, so we need all sorts of people!
Description:
The world is a mutable, malleable thing. In the immeasurable vastness of the Ocean, tiny pinpricks of Something burst into being, only to vanish. Without a stabilizing presence, they are hopeless against the crashing waves of Nothing. Without Gods, Something has no hope.

Gods float above the Ocean, droplets of dew against its immensity. Without worship, they perish, snuffed out. Small crumbs of Something draw countless Gods, feeding on eachother and on the life they nourish with their presence. All are doomed to return to the Ocean, but for a time they grow strong and fat, and it is enough. Without Something, the Gods have no hope.

Something new has risen from the foam. Something big. Somewhere. Unmolded, untouched by divine powers, it floats on the Ocean, drawing forth ever more matter with its gravity. Bounty beyond reckoning for any God strong enough to take it. Nothing like this has ever been encountered before - enough Something for dozens of Gods, or hundreds. But not all at once, oh no - it would have to be carefully rationed...

This is my 3rd CYOA that I'm running - it will be fairly fully illustrated and very casual. You should be able to drop in at almost any time and not have missed out on anything - or just lurk in the thread and look at pictures!

The Gods rise, and then they die. Seven Ages have passed in which the Gods have shaped the world and then perished. Seven Ages have passed in which the world has gone on without them, waiting for them to return. A world which began like this:

Has through many trials and much effort come to look like this:

The Eighth Age is upon Somewhere. The prophesied End of the world. Will you be the God that steers them away from the End? Or towards it?

(God Applications are open - feel free to apply then read or just get in there and wing it.)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Game: Let's Adventure, Again!
System: D&D 3.5
Format: Play by Post
Description: Restarting my 3.5 D&D game with my rewritten classes! Now at level 10!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Allen Wren told me to post this here so I will.

Game: Awful Survivor 11
System: ORG
Format: PbP and Discord
Players: 14-20
Description: It's Survivor on Something Awful! Come play, make friends, make betrayals, win $125.
Signups open to everyone with plat and discord.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game: Chaos Scar: Stick in the Mud
System: D&D 4th Edition
Players: At least 4
Format: VOIP over roll20

I'm interested in playing through the "Stick in the Mud" level 1 adventure module in a single session. I'm not sure how long this would actually take, but I've set aside at least 4, as many as 8 hours (with breaks) at this time/date:

Sat, Apr 29 2017; 9:00 PM EST

Corresponding GMT - Sun, Apr 30 2017; 1:00 AM

If you're interested or have any questions, please PM me here or email me at gradenko2000 <at> gmail. Beginners are welcome! We can do either pregens or character creation in-session.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Game: Chronicles of Darkness: Persona
System: Heavily Homebrewed Geist: the Sin-Eaters
Players: 5
Description: You were an employee at some lame convenience store in a trendy suburb of Tokyo when, surprise, you died. Well, almost. You made a Bargain with a being you still don't quite understand, one part you, one part ghost, one part echo of society's collective unconscious: a Geist. It also turns out you weren't the only one that (nearly) died. It's up to you and the others to save the world from the manifestations of urban legends, and ancient obsessions dragging the world down into the Underworld.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: Mass Effect: CURE
System: Mass Effect Fate
Format: Live through Roll20
Description: In between the events of Mass Effect 1 and 2, an anti-human terrorist group rose to power as a reaction to humanity's rise to a Council seat. The Council, seeking stability and fearing the parallels with the Saren uprising, have mobilized a team of Spectres to investigate, track, and kill the terrorist leader and end their movement.

You are those Spectres. You are the Council's arms and legs. You only got one shot at this.

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Aug 6, 2017

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Game: Empire of the Emerald Stars - Periphery
System: L5R
Description: This is a game in the same Imperial Histories 2-inspired Emerald Stars setting as my Minor Clans game. The PCs are samurai assigned to a distant sector of Empire space to get them out of the way Irresponsible Captain Tylor-style and end up going on adventures instead!

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Game: Persona: A Digital Devil Story
System: FATE Accelerated
Format: PbP/Possibly Play by Discord?
Players: 4-5
Description: People certainly do change over time, but in some cases, far too fast to be natural. Use this weird phone app and this thing called a Persona to get at the heart of the problem and potentially save lives! Or be a typical uncaring high school student and just run around in fancy costumes killing monsters for yen and items to sell for even more yen, that works too.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Game: Coney Lake: a game for the skinless
System: Monsterhearts 1E
Description:
Have you ever wanted to play a really bad Monsterhearts skin? Have you ever wanted to see what happens to a finely-tuned game system when every character's skin throws balance and common sense to the wind? Come play a Skin for the Skinless in this weird experiment.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Game: Wasteland Explorer
System: Mutant Year Zero
Format: Asynchronous Play by Discord
Players: up to 7
Description:
Explore a post-apocalyptic wasteland as a human with mutant powers or a savage uplifted animal man. Find artifacts like toasters, blood sausage, automatic rifles and more! Die historic to movie tropes or savage beasts of metal and flesh in the deadly outdoors. At home, build your Arc by voting for technological development with other players.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Game: Ten Buried Blades and a Gaggle of Goons
System: Godbound
Format: PbP with some hot Discord action
Players: 4 to 6
Description:
Be a demigod. Save a village in Fantasy Not-China from evil in this introductory sandbox scenario for the Godbound Roleplaying Game!

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Game: Hellstorm 2145: Post Apocalyptic PNW
System: GURPS 4e
Players: 4 starting, looking to add two more
Format: Discord Text

Description:
Fallout, STALKER, Mad Max, and Borderlands did something nasty and had a mutated baby. After killing a mutant grizzly, helping some gangers, and getting themselves a beat to poo poo bus to drive, the team is gonna end up meeting some new people. Specifically, I'm looking for two more players to die gloriously on the fury roadget eatendie in a chemical hell join us.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Game: Gods and Monsters
System: Fate Accelerated Edition
Players: 3-4
Format: PBP

Description:
Play a god trying to make your mark in a world young and full of possibilities! Just don't do be an idiot and destroy it or yourself in the process.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Game: Faerydust: The Last Tale Ever Told
System: Fate Accelerated (with some house rules)
Players: 5-7
Description: You are a member of the Lost Boys Corps, immortal child soldiers with the power to awaken an inner light and charged with bringing back the stars to life in a dying universe. Defend the last remaining vestiges of humanity while you yourself stand apart from it, in a fairy tale take on science fiction and even cosmic horror but rooted ultimately in the idea that if this is to be the last story of mankind, it should be one worth remembering.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Game: Shonen on the High Seas
System: Fellowship
Format: SA recruit, then a Discord channel
Description: Come be an anime pirate hero, if that's the sort of thing you'd want to do.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Game: Darker Dungeons
System: ...Darker Dungeons (Modified BECMI retro-clone)
Format: Discord + Roll20
Players: Up to 6
Description: Let's relive the glory days of basic D&D and maybe even enjoy ourselves.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Game:The Generation Ship
System: Legacy 2e Playtest (Apocalypse Engine)
Format: Discord + PBP
Players: Up to 5
Description: Play as Great Families struggling to survive on a decaying generation ship filled with murderous malfunctioning robots, the vestiges of a decadent civilization, post-apocalyptic barbarians, and mutagenic cosmic rays!

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Game: Peregrine Minor - New Continent, New Horrors.
System: Homebrew / PDQ
Format: Discord
Players: Eight to Twelve
Description: Found a colony on the newly discovered continent of Peregrin Minor. Swim the choppy seas of international colonial diplomacy while you carve your name into history's bleeding hide. Maybe develop your colony into a world hegemony. Maybe get your brain chewed on by hellspawn night-horrors. No one really knows what to expect in the New World...

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Game: Wet Hot Metahuman Summer
System: Masks: A New Generation (PbtA)
Players: 5-8
Description: You are a "counselor hero" at an interdimensional summer camp for gifted children, and you're about to have the summer of a lifetime! Now if only the adults would stop running away and leaving you with three hundred super-powered children to be responsible over. What a drag! A Silver Age themed game focus on the comic side of comics, and a light-hearted if melodramatic take on the genre with a rather peculiar premise.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Game: Tales of the Yawning Portal
System: 5e Dungeons and Dragon
Format: PbP, with some Roll20 for combat/exploration and Discord for quicker RPing.
Players: About 4
Description: You are fairly green adventurers returning to the Yawning Portal tavern after your last adventure, and about to receive a quest to go on a new adventure. The start of your long adventuring career spanning a number of adventures and hopefully culminating in the Tomb of Horrors.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Game: Let's Learn Meikyuu Kingdom
System: Meikyuu Kingdom
Format: PbP/Discord, with Discord link in the recruit thread
Players: 5
Description: Let's learn learn how to play Meikyuu Kingdom together. This surely won't end in disaster.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Game: Yokai in the City
System: Capers!
Description: Be a villianous Yokai wreaking havoc in not-Tokyo.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Game Space Wizards
System Fate Accelerated
Format probably pbp
Players 4-5
Description See the stars, blow them up, go mad with unlimited power!

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Game: From the Ashes
System: Apocalypse World
Players: 4+
Description: Apocalypse world with little pregame info. I want to see what you all come up with and stir up the pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Game: Star Wars: Rebel Sunrise
System: FFG Star Wars
Format: Live via Roll20/Discord
Description: You're part of a fledgling group of Rebels operating around the time of A New Hope. Carve out your place in the Rebellion, and hopefully influence events on the greater galactic scale.

Drone fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 29, 2017