Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Kelly Clarkson is joining The Voice as a coach next season. Seems weird, since she has that really nasally high pitched voice and that stinky twat. She needs twat cream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Those first few Sopranos episodes are almost too perfect in how they describe what its like to deal with moving aging parents out of the home they've lived in for decades.

For real. Having been through it, it's a real stress just for me to watch.

My grandmother had a happy ending though, as she still has all her marbles, and is an excellent driver. She is in a really nice retirement community, and has a really active life: they go to plays, little day trips, game nights, etc.
Hell, I'd live there if I could afford it.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Hey Gar, its Howard. Im not going to be in today. Im sick, sick as a dog...(cough, Cough) Im making GBS threads and puking everywhere. Im gonna try to shake this and be in tomorrow.
I'll be in tomorrow. Have fun with this message.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Holy poo poo, Opera Man did a JD song parody set to "The Stars and Stripes Forever", all whooping and inarticulate yelling. It's even better then his Carmen theme.

That guy cracks me up.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
There's a level of diminishing returns on what a retirement community can provide someone depending on where they are with their health. Ben and Ray are well into their 90s and enjoy their routines and independence, taking that away from them to try and squeeze out a few more months or years of living may not be what they want and they've well earned a choice in how they leave this world.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I told you to mercy kill me ya moron! Shut up! Sit down!

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

There's a level of diminishing returns on what a retirement community can provide someone depending on where they are with their health. Ben and Ray are well into their 90s and enjoy their routines and independence, taking that away from them to try and squeeze out a few more months or years of living may not be what they want and they've well earned a choice in how they leave this world.

It's incredibly difficult all around, and the reality is that there's no "right" choice. It's all going to end in death. And what I didn't realize until I was in this position is that the parent isn't ever going to say "it's time." They're always going to think they can still get around and be pretty convincing about it, until the injuries start getting more debilitating.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Smeep posted:

It's incredibly difficult all around, and the reality is that there's no "right" choice. It's all going to end in death. And what I didn't realize until I was in this position is that the parent isn't ever going to say "it's time." They're always going to think they can still get around and be pretty convincing about it, until the injuries start getting more debilitating.

Right. I was going to empty quote this, but I have to add that at some point, it doesn't matter HOW rich you are, you need to be in a hospital/hospice setting at some point.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

ugh, mercy kill this whole topic please

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Nobody else wants to talk about twat cream? You're all a women, I'm a women...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Maybe we should swi... itch the drat topic, huh? I wanna drat do... it!

:allears:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I feel like blowin' my mind up!

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Maybe we should swi... itch the drat topic, huh? I wanna drat do... it!

:allears:

I...I...I don't like topic switches.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I hope there's a Greek diner with halibut and a yogurt shop with fresh blueberries in Heaven.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Moniker posted:

I...I...I don't like topic switches.

"I don't gi-ive a poo poo! You worth... less piece of poo poo! Someone sho... uld FIRE your sh... itty rear end and se... nd you back to Canada, you poo poo!"

I need to listen to 0.0 again.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Sand Monster posted:

I feel like blowin' my mind up!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Hey remember when Benjy tweeted his ugly penis?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It wasn't that ugly idk.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Is Benjy in the studio someone tell me

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

BobbyK posted:

Is Benjy in the studio someone tell me

Howard sounded like he was going to let him back in and then Gary interrupted the conversation on his squawk box and informed him that Benjy was like 40 minutes late that morning and Howard was pissed.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I loved ETM saying he wasn't gullible followed by them playing the Carrie Underwood "rub your smurf cock" prank call and him doubling down on his lack of gullibility. The call lasts so long they actually run out of stuff to say to Eric and have to hang up and then Gary mentions how the bit was edited down from 15 minutes. He was such a desperate, delusional weirdo.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Crotch Bat posted:

I loved ETM saying he wasn't gullible followed by them playing the Carrie Underwood "rub your smurf cock" prank call and him doubling down on his lack of gullibility. The call lasts so long they actually run out of stuff to say to Eric and have to hang up and then Gary mentions how the bit was edited down from 15 minutes. He was such a desperate, delusional weirdo.

It's a little bit hosed up to make a bit like that out of a mentally and physically deficient goofus but I'm ok with it because everything ETM was radio gold. I sure miss that little poo poo.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Mimesweeper posted:

It's a little bit hosed up to make a bit like that out of a mentally and physically deficient goofus but I'm ok with it because everything ETM was radio gold. I sure miss that little poo poo.

His name's Mimesweeper.....you know what to do.........you know what to do.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Crotch Bat posted:

" Take off that diaper and jab me with that shrinky dink".
"....so yo..ur show is....in...East Rutherford..tonight?"

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

I like to imagine Howard's dad's funeral as a really somber affair, Howard and his sister there all mournful, Beth in veil and black dress with no back and a belly window cut-out; at some really inappropriate moment drifting in from outside the security perimeter you hear "HooowwWID! We WUV YOU! You don't need you fawthuh, it's your fans who weally wuv you! ALL I NEEEEEEEED..."

(sometimes I imagine Fred is there, and with great gravitas removes his phone from his pocket, launches a soundboard app and hits the sound of sad crows)

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Lets gently caress some whores!
I'm scores man dammit
Scores man got a tattoo.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Crotch Bat posted:

And also, Gary is a sports fan so I highly doubt he would think the A's scored touchdowns.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIfFSYjf6OY

Pure joy

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Just watched some of this and it's totally understandable why Ronnie is the way he is. The drivers in NYC are complete retards across the board, flitting from one dumbass move to the next just waiting for their next accident. I would snap if I had to drive in those conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxhrI4Gal8

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

totally understandable why Ronnie is the way he is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxhrI4Gal8

Whats your loving problem? I'm scores man dammit. I'm all about meeting girls, I'm all about meeting guys.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bonzo posted:

Both sets of my grandparents did this and it failed. All of them were well off financially but just thought they could do it on their own.

in 1990 my grandmother developer Alzheimer's so my grandfather thought he could deal with it. Nope. He couldn't leave the house to go shopping because she was a danger to herself. He finally hired someone to come in a few days a week, which helped, but he still had to help her at night with bathing, the bathroom, etc. Eventually he ended up sick (cancer) and they went to a home.

My other grandfather fell in the garage and broke a hip and laid there for a few hours because no one could near him call for help. He died of other complications a month or so later. This left my Grandmother at home along for a few years until SHE fell and broke her hip. Then she broke the other one Then she fell again. That was enough to convince her move into assisted living.

I also had a Grand Aunt that spent the night in the bathtub after slipping and breaking her hip.

Those first few Sopranos episodes are almost too perfect in how they describe what its like to deal with moving aging parents out of the home they've lived in for decades.

Dealing with this now.

My Mom is bipolar, broke, has cancer and emphysema and was just committed to a mental hospital for suicidal ideations. I recently moved her in with me but after 6 months I am realizing her problems are beyond my capabilities to handle and I can't have her back here. I have a 6 year old and worried about his safety and mental health. I don't have a ton of money either but I imagine if I did it would go a long way towards helping with the entire inconvenience of it all if nothing else.

This post has absolutely nothing to do with Howard Stern beyond that last part. For people with health issues and the families that care for them, money is an absolutely HUGE factor in so many ways. Howard at least doesn't have to make decisions or feel extra pressures based on his financial capabilities. I mean, he doesn't HAVE to work to pay medical bills or facility and care costs.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

I loved he had too much dignity to fly with balloons, but not enough to not sleep with hookers, or get catfished into posting pics of his weiner, or get caught up with pranks like the above. He was so high and mighty but when you got down to it he was a very, very stupid person. In fact, I don't think you can blame any medical issues as he was just a dumbass with the worst case of short man syndrome ever.

Mimesweeper posted:

The show was pretty much doing what the whole of reality did. Keep in mind his own family basically gave him a headstone that was a bench. That was just cold.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

He initially was too good for hookers. They tried to set him up with Tabitha Stevens a year or two before his hooker escapades and he refused, citing her "activity" (which was probably less than any hooker he was with) and because she had some work done (seriously). He was so completely delusional, he wanted a real girl with an all-natural body to love him because he thought there was nothing at all wrong with him.

I think Fratto eventually said "you're going to die a virgin unless you go get a hooker" and he relented. He clearly loved the experience which makes his insistence at turning everything else down really funny.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Well Crotch, Tabitha is almost 75% plastic, unlike Brandy Taylor, who is naturally busty. Veiny even.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Howard is live and said he's battling a cold / fever

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
"Hey Gar, it's Howard, I'm sick... I got a fever"

I'm glad nothing is wrong with Howard's parents/Robin. I also don't believe it. Why all the secrecy over a sick day?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'm glad nothing is wrong with Howard's parents/Robin. I also don't believe it. Why all the secrecy over a sick day?

Same reason they would never say if they were taking Friday off....
It just has to happen organically.
You obviously dont get the show and how it has evolved. He has this weird rap now....noine, noine, noine, noine, noine.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

DeadBonesBrook posted:

He loves people talking about him. When people started calling his mom he could have easily just tweeted something to diffuse the entire situation but he comes from that old school mentality that everything has to be on the air, even if it ruins his weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Wendy's dog interview is the dumbest thing ever but I can't loving stop laughing