Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Canuckistan posted:

I've got a nice pair of Sennheiser HD 555 headphones. I should just get one of those cheap clip on mics and ditch my cheapo gaming set.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9PV3ZB3660

I've had this thing going on a decade now and it still works great. Don't listen to people who tell you you need to drop $100+ on a mic unless you're getting into actual professional stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Rex-Goliath posted:

I've had this thing going on a decade now and it still works great. Don't listen to people who tell you you need to drop $100+ on a mic unless you're getting into actual professional stuff.

I ordered that from Amazon literally 2 minutes ago. Thanks!

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Servers hosed?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Good soup! posted:

I've never had so much fun being so bad at a video game before

I apply this mentality to my everyday life

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rex-Goliath posted:

These are really really hit and miss, I've ordered 3 of them and they've all not worked (one worked if it physically touched my lips which is a little awkward to use).

A lot of people from the Siege group bought HyperX Cloud IIs because they were bundled (or just because of how good they are); they're pretty nice. Bonus, they come with an additional set of earpads if you want velour over pleather.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Enallyniv posted:

This game really needs directional damage indicators.

Absolutely not, this isn't a single player game.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

VulgarandStupid posted:

I agree, damage direction indicators are for babbies.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Carebearz posted:

I agree, damage direction indicators are for babbies.

Same. They've added more than enough quality of life stuff to the game, we don't need that too.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

You don't even need nice headphones because the sound detection in this game is piss simple. Any pair of stereo headphones will work. When you hear something, look around until you find the direction the sound is the loudest. It will get quieter the further away it is. I'm not even sure sound is affected by walls, and if it is it doesn't affect your ability to find the sounds source. It's not like rainbow six siege where sound goes down hallways and through windows and poo poo. With some basic practice you can track people through walls easily.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

It would be nice if bullet holes in trees and shots hitting the ground did a better job of showing direction.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Rex-Goliath posted:

I've found a clever way to gently caress with people when they don't know where you're shooting them from. Sometimes they'll be running around a rock or something to find out where the 'safe' spot is. Eventually they'll guess correctly but if you take another shot or two directly above their cover or right at it sometimes it'll spook them into rotating again- providing you another shot.
This works extra well with a suppressor, you can pock the ground or their cover on one side and they'll think you had a shot but missed, rotating the other way and exposing them for an actual shot.

Another thing I've found works, though it doesn't come up all the time or anything: if you see someone at a bit of distance moving through a lot of available cover, but you can make a shot (eg. moving through a wooded area). Wait for them to go into a small clearing or pass a big rock that was covering them in a direction that you're not in. Then take the shot. Even with the locational sounds of the shot, odds are good they'll factor in that they just recently exposed themselves from whatever direction and will back up and take cover against it. Now they're hunkered down to get their bearings on where you are, meanwhile you have an open shot and they are holding still or at least moving a lot less for you to finish the job.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Every time I down someone and have to reload before finishing them off I feel like its that scene in Schindlers List where the guard pulls out a bunch of jews, orders them to lay on the floor and shoots them all in the head, except he runs out of ammo before the last one and stands there reloading very slowly before killing him.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

VulgarandStupid posted:

So? Not being able to tell if you got shot in the chest or rear end sucks.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Enallyniv posted:

*ahem* git gud scrub

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

funny Star Wars parody posted:

*ahem* git gud scrub

Can't argue with that I guess

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

taqueso posted:

It would be nice if bullet holes in trees and shots hitting the ground did a better job of showing direction.

It would be amazing if there was any type of penetration. unless there is and i've just missed it.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Enallyniv posted:

How about this, in the wise words or Mr. Miyagi "No get hit"

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Carebearz posted:

It would be amazing if there was any type of penetration. unless there is and i've just missed it.

Yeah I was about to add that as long as we're posting our wishlist I really want them to add wall-banging. There's a lot of CS:GO habits that are getting me killed in this game. Trying to wall-bang or letting off the trigger after I'm 'sure' enough bullets have hit to take an opponent down.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wallbanging would be the best way to eliminate bitch rear end campers

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

He's adding bullet penetration for at least the small cabins

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I am loving the hell out of this game but yeah I sort of expected penetration to be a thing. Bullets not going through even the tiniest fences where you can see their drat feet underneath is depressing.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, hit indicators would be stellar. Wouldn't mind a shortcut to automatically equipping attachments to weapons too.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

He's adding bullet penetration for at least the small cabins

From what I heard he's actually planning to make the fuckboi shacks destructible. Some quality-of-life improvements I'd like to see is being able to reliably jump over waist high fences, and being able to jump out of windows.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

qkkl posted:

From what I heard he's actually planning to make the fuckboi shacks destructible. Some quality-of-life improvements I'd like to see is being able to reliably jump over waist high fences, and being able to jump out of windows.

a vaulting animation for low walls/fence would be pretty good I think.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

mad.radhu posted:

a vaulting animation for low walls/fence would be pretty good I think.

Also a planned feature :v:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Bushiz posted:

I am loving the hell out of this game but yeah I sort of expected penetration to be a thing. Bullets not going through even the tiniest fences where you can see their drat feet underneath is depressing.

Or loving windows. If you're behind a window you're completely safe from the first shot.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

make cargo trucks / troop carriers driveable and make it so you can just plow through the shacks

Yodzilla posted:

Or loving windows. If you're behind a window you're completely safe from the first shot.

i used to think that too but I don't believe that's true

mbt fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 12, 2017

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Agoat posted:

I've found myself doing much better by just going for kills. I took second in a solo match by being aggressive. (Last guy was invisible I swear to god)

He might have been. I was walking through an alley last night and a guy just phased into existence in front of me going full rock and roll on my face. As soon as he stopped shooting he disappeared again. I thought maybe I just missed him and he was blending in or something, but then I could see him dropping items as he looted me, but his model wasn't visible.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

make cargo trucks / troop carriers driveable and make it so you can just plow through the shacks

THE GOONBUS SHALL LIVE AGAIN.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
a couple weeks ago in discord someone mentioned that one of the airdrop items should be a 3 person pickup with a big machinegun on the back

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Doorknob Slobber posted:

a couple weeks ago in discord someone mentioned that one of the airdrop items should be a 3 person pickup with a big machinegun on the back

God, technicals would be so good in this game, so long as they dropped with a large amount of ammo.

Mad Max-ing around​ in a Toyota with a .50 mounted on the back, clearing out towns

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i used to think that too but I don't believe that's true

Really? I could have sworn if you're inside of a building you need to knock out a window if you want the first hit on a guy outside to actually land. Methinks some testing is in order.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

Really? I could have sworn if you're inside of a building you need to knock out a window if you want the first hit on a guy outside to actually land. Methinks some testing is in order.

I've headshot a lot of people through a window so don't bother

FAKE NEWS etc

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Grenades loving bounce off of windows though, which is a real dickstabber.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Epsilon Plus posted:

you also can't throw grenades into cars as far as I can tell, which is really lame because I was trying to get a smoke into my car

T800
Jul 2, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

The real reason you knock out the windows is because otherwise when you go to ADS and shoot someone and you're standing a fraction of an inch to close to the window you point your gun down and end up shooting the floor in front of you.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Grenades will penetrate windows. They have a graphical glitch where they appear to bounce off, but then the server corrects them and has them go through.

Source: I throw grenades through windows at people all the time and never have them bounce unless I hit bars or the window sill

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKMr5daJhJ8

Sometimes they take the bait.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

Well I just peaked. It's all downhill from here. Just saying gently caress it and going in hunt mode instead of hiding in houses all match long is a ton more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

THE GOONBUS SHALL LIVE AGAIN.

Don't forget goats. gently caress you goat.

https://youtu.be/v7nPhc9LhWA

• Locked thread