Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Prey. i highly recommend it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I lost a good Strafe run by accidentally running out of bounds and not being able to get back in the map so I gave up on that game for a bit and played a Doom map wad called Waterlab GZD. It's a really big map that has a bunch of custom monsters and neat environmental effects. I only found like 3 of the 17 secrets and it still took me 40 minutes to complete.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
4: Nier
5. Nier: Automata
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Doom (1993) Ultraviolence /w pistol start
8. Lunatic.wad Ultraviolence /w pistol start
9. Waterlab GZD Ultraviolence /w pistol start

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Shadow of Mordor. Was good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

14) NieRAutomata: routes ABCDE (hard mode)

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Nier Automata DLC

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dishonored 2 - Emily, low chaos, no kills. A lot of fun, I enjoyed it more than the first. Looking forward to doing a Corvo/high chaos run eventually. I think it's the first stealth game I've ever managed a no-kills run in, too.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I beat Spelunky for PS4 Iron Man. I have never done the weird City of Gold or Hell stuff so it is time to get into that.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I got to the end of Abzu. Short and gorgeous and weed break spots are collectibles. I will probably go back and get all the stupid little things you can get because this game is cool.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Space Funeral

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Spoderman posted:

Space Funeral

cool game

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, that dude makes insanely good games. Goblet Grotto, Rip Van Bubsy, and Murder Dog IV are all time greats.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i cleared TGM3 master mode for the first time ever a couple weeks ago :feelsgood: still cant finish the credit roll though

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I beat Injustice 2. It was good.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
4: Nier
5. Nier: Automata
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Doom (1993) Ultraviolence /w pistol start
8. Lunatic.wad Ultraviolence /w pistol start
9. Waterlab GZD Ultraviolence /w pistol start
10. Injustice 2

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

fadam posted:

I beat Injustice 2. It was good.

:stare:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

i cleared TGM3 master mode for the first time ever a couple weeks ago :feelsgood: still cant finish the credit roll though

Welcome back.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

still can't believe they probed myco for the only good post in that thread

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Welcome back.

thank you

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

mycophobia posted:

ive played tgm several times in the last decade and i never managed to stick thru long enough to become good at it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ive played the first two games on and off for about a decade now and i'll probably never stop. ive only recently been able to play tgm3 after years of wanting to and its just flawless. the addition of 3 piece preview and hold along with the huge speed increase, not to mention the more complex grading system and promotional exam system, make it by far the best version of tetris ever, and its a crime against humanity that arika doesnt have the ability to produce home versions for whatever reason.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
is 3 available on mame?
e: can only find the absolute grandmaster 2 plus on EP :'(

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
TGM3 is a Taito TypeX game, which basically means it's a Windows game. it's very easy to find with google, but you need this hack:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8DZWUh1sATeMGRibFQ1M3BOYkU

(click the download button in the top right)

just drop those files into the root folder of the game and run "tgm3_launcher". edit "tgm3.cfg" to change resolution settings, as far as I know those joystick settings flat out don't work. keyboard settings can be modified with "typex_config" included with the game.

caveats:

- keyboard only. as far as I know you need joy2key to use a joystick with the game
- noticeable input lag, and joy2key only makes it worse. It's not unplayable, but kind of annoying. Run the game windowed to reduce it a bit. also if you're using joy2key you can set the internal processing speed on it to be higher which reduces latency.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Nier: Automata

goddamn

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
56% completion, 115 hours playtime.
Even though it was too short, it's still insanely good. I'll probably aim for a higher completion percentage once I get a PS4 and play through this again. Even on the crappy PS3 version, it looks like a million bucks and it's probably the greatest game ever made.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Spoderman posted:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
56% completion, 115 hours playtime.
Even though it was too short, it's still insanely good. I'll probably aim for a higher completion percentage once I get a PS4 and play through this again. Even on the crappy PS3 version, it looks like a million bucks and it's probably the greatest game ever made.

Congrats man. How did you like the last story mission?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The best mission is the one in the hospital tent.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

IdealFlaws posted:

Congrats man. How did you like the last story mission?

Mission 46? it was cool doing it again, but i'd suspected what the twist was extremely early on, so that part didn't really surprise me. but it was still really cool to go back to your starting capabilities after you've become the insanely badass big boss by the end of the game. the mirror chat was neat, but was there a computer program on side b of the tape? what was the program??

also, i love how when you get an s rank in the game, kaz says "that's why you're the best boss. the one and only." i thought i remembered totally botching a mission and getting an e rank and hearing him saying "how can you even call yourself big boss" but there's nothing online about it and it's very hard to find youtube videos of people completely screwing up missions, so i might have made that up. still, the foreshadowing stuff is neat.

In Training posted:

The best mission is the one in the hospital tent.

yes, no question

also, i think konami silently shut down the servers for the idroid app map connection halfway through my playthrough, but having hud off and no second screen map to consult actually made me a better player in the end. i think next time i play, i'll try to never look at the map at all when i'm on a mission.

Spoderman fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 20, 2017

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
drat quit making me want to play through V again for like the 4th time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoderman posted:

Mission 46? it was cool doing it again, but i'd suspected what the twist was extremely early on, so that part didn't really surprise me. but it was still really cool to go back to your starting capabilities after you've become the insanely badass big boss by the end of the game. the mirror chat was neat, but was there a computer program on side b of the tape? what was the program??

also, i love how when you get an s rank in the game, kaz says "that's why you're the best boss. the one and only." i thought i remembered totally botching a mission and getting an e rank and hearing him saying "how can you even call yourself big boss" but there's nothing online about it and it's very hard to find youtube videos of people completely screwing up missions, so i might have made that up. still, the foreshadowing stuff is neat.

yes, no question

also, i think konami silently shut down the servers for the idroid app map connection halfway through my playthrough, but having hud off and no second screen map to consult actually made me a better player in the end. i think next time i play, i'll try to never look at the map at all when i'm on a mission.

the b side of the tape is the original Metal Gear data. MSX games were released on tape and that's what data sounds like put through an audio processor

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In Training posted:

the b side of the tape is the original Metal Gear data. MSX games were released on tape and that's what data sounds like put through an audio processor

That owns

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

probalby some fighting games or nier 2 op.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mysterious loyall X posted:

Friday thread is thataway

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

heh, deal with it as we say in the 'pos.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Congratulations on beating the fighting games and NieR 2

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Oh poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I beat one of the lunatics in FightCade at ST yesterday so in a way, I've beaten that game.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
decided to buckle down and play the last couple stages and finished Specter of Torment with no curios/armors/health upgrades. unfortunately i played the tower climb minigame a couple times before the final battle so despite finishing with 72k gold i didnt get that achievement.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Hollow Knight

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Dark Souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

decided to buckle down and play the last couple stages and finished Specter of Torment with no curios/armors/health upgrades. unfortunately i played the tower climb minigame a couple times before the final battle so despite finishing with 72k gold i didnt get that achievement.

now do it on NG+.

• Locked thread