Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

njsykora posted:

People who want to show they can carry a 4v5 (they can't)

Don't worry my Vayne is really, really good. I'll carry I just need to farm.

*goes 0/20/3*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Playing Lee Sin has trained me off of smart cast with indicators and onto og smartcast, but I do miss the easy ability to easily see the exact range of spells in a certain direction eg for using Ivern Q to travel over walls.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Old battleraka was great because you could gently caress up rivens in that 1v1 map that became ARAM.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Smartcast everything including items; no indicator, it makes spellcasts lag. Bind shift+Q/W/E/R to normal casting. Press shift to test ranges if you need precision, otherwise learn your ranges.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I always turn smart cast off for rumble ult because I gently caress it up, which is weird because I have no problem with viktor laser or talia w. I should really just play rumble in practice tool

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I push the buttons and let riot sort em out

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i never smartcast and i never press h ot keys i move my mouse to the bottom to click the icons on the tool bar and i use a laptop touchpad to play league.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i go 1/5 in lane and blame the ad carry

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I still don't use smart cast :)

quoted: a severe case of sad brains

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can someone talk to me about how to play against Darius? Whether as a melee or ranged champion, I get dumpstered and farmed on respawn timer unless I literally just stay at the edge of xp range. I know part of it is just "don't get grabbed," but the range of his grab is as long as or almost as long as most ranged champions' auto attacks and one slip-up just means death. And as a melee champion? Uhm, what? How am I supposed to stand out of the range of apprehend when I have to get into melee to cs? There has to be some kind of simple heuristic that I'm just not getting. I've tried kiting; I've tried all-inning; I've tried trading — it all comes up with death. It's not even that I can't kill him, it's that I cannot survive him; I have to either cede the lane to him entirely, or he kills me as soon as he decides he wants to and unless my Flash is up I die — and even then it's a crapshoot, since he can stack his passive on you in one combo. I just got farmed 6 kills in a row by him trying out Maokai top, and it wasn't until after the 5th death that I even broke 10 cs because he would kill me under turret with no items (but a huge level advantage) while I'm trying to farm under turret.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm usually complaining about how much I hate ADCs so I want to give a quick shout-out to this really good Caitlyn I had (for plat at least). I didn't see it during live gameplay, but during the first clip look at how Cait instantly puts down a trap when I hit W on Nami, so that Nami is trapped immediately upon landing. If she had reacted a few frames slower, it wouldn't have done anything: Cait trap actually takes 1.1s to arm, and Rakan knockup only lasts 1s.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kingcobweb posted:

I'm usually complaining about how much I hate ADCs so I want to give a quick shout-out to this really good Caitlyn I had (for plat at least). I didn't see it during live gameplay, but during the first clip look at how Cait instantly puts down a trap when I hit W on Nami, so that Nami is trapped immediately upon landing. If she had reacted a few frames slower, it wouldn't have done anything: Cait trap actually takes 1.1s to arm, and Rakan knockup only lasts 1s.

This is the first time I've ever clicked on something featuring Rakan, and my reaction is: oh hey now even supports have dashes.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
As Maokai?

Well if you're not poo poo, you can W his Q to avoid his biggest damage spell, but other than that, you just scrape up farm and don't feel him and wait for your jungler. Darius basically never loses 1v1s but if you poke him down, and then get ganks, he generally becomes useless late game. Learn to farm under tower.

And don't fight him level 1 like my idiot teammates

Or you can just play Mundo or Vlad and you'll win the lane automatically I guess if that's your thing

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teikanmi posted:

As Maokai?

Well if you're not poo poo,

Let me stop you right there.

But thanks for the advice! I'll try it out next time.

e:
How exactly am I supposed to poke him as a melee man, though? I could walk up to the minion line and Q through it, I suppose, or throw a non-bushempowered sapling at him? But that shoves the wave, and all he has to do is flash over or walk around the minion line and I'm dead. It matters that I wasn't building tanky, I'm sure; I started with dark seal and refillable thinking I'd use it for the sustain, but nope I'd just get 100-to-5%-and-bleeding within seconds of returning to lane.

Addamere fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 13, 2017

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

Can someone talk to me about how to play against Darius?

get a lot of ganks because darius has a lot of trouble holding the lane back if you dodge his qs properly as every time he misses a q he pushes the wave for no reason. so just apply some minor poke to him while prioritizing not taking damage or making a heavy trade, let him overextend, and then have your jungler come gently caress him up because darius is one of the easiest guys to gank in the game. if you can not get a gank just farm under tower if it comes to that. darius is super weak against towers because his passive aggros

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Rygar201 posted:

Stacking 3.5K gold items should be silly. Like stacking Divine Rapiers, hah

I played this game a couple months after I started. It remains one of the more absurd experiences I've had in the game.

Also there is so much to appreciate in this image. Please enjoy it.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

How Rude posted:

honestly the best league of legends fuckery was when you could stack black cleavers and one shot every single champion in the game by shredding 100% of their armor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICtdgBrj8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1CT0BFUsks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bkrOM3FcA

gently caress league used to be ugly

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Addamere posted:

e:
How exactly am I supposed to poke him as a melee man, though? I could walk up to the minion line and Q through it, I suppose, or throw a non-bushempowered sapling at him? But that shoves the wave, and all he has to do is flash over or walk around the minion line and I'm dead. It matters that I wasn't building tanky, I'm sure; I started with dark seal and refillable thinking I'd use it for the sustain, but nope I'd just get 100-to-5%-and-bleeding within seconds of returning to lane.

Well if you ain't maxing E on Maokai then you're a dumbdumb, so just throw those things on him and try to get poke damage here and there. Farm with Q and if he ever grabs you then just run away and auto a minion to use his passive to get HP back.

If I can get a game against Darius top tonight I'll post it here

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

old rod of ages was crazy loving efficient so stacking it was never really a bad build. my friend in like season 1 used to stack archangels on heimerdinger at like roughly 2000 elo because those sumbitches stacked and if he got enough archangels he could put down marksman DPS level turrets. old league item stacking was funny but also really stupid and kind of bad for the game i think because part of the fun of item builds is trying to make synergies

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

gently caress league used to be ugly

The splash arts were a lot better though

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Boxman posted:

I played this game a couple months after I started. It remains one of the more absurd experiences I've had in the game.

Also there is so much to appreciate in this image. Please enjoy it.

So many unupgraded trinkets.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Hextech Annie

Soulstealer Vayne

Dreadnova Darius

Who would YOU blow your ten gemstones on?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alris posted:

Hextech Annie

Soulstealer Vayne

Dreadnova Darius

Who would YOU blow your ten gemstones on?

tough choice

uhm

probably the vayne skin but only because i already have annie (goth) and darius (lord) skins but no vayne skin

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
none they are all ugly

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Addamere posted:

...but no vayne skin

Go Heartseeker or go home.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Addamere posted:

e:

You can out poke him onany ranged - auto him when he goes to cs minions, walk away when he moves towards you. Pushing the lane a little early can help, 3 or 4 extra minio s will win you any early trade. On maokai in specific run CoC if you want ez tank lane or thunder if you want to buzh cheese. When he puls you wait for the q then w on top of him so you take no damage. Then q to push him off and slow and disengage by walking into the bush with the saplingz. Freeze lane and scale for late or ask for ganks using your w -> r combo to lock down.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I will be dread nova darious.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Soulstealer vayne is just vayne but green.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

el dingo posted:

I push the buttons and let riot sort em out

Ah, a Master Yi player.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kokoro Wish posted:

Go Heartseeker or go home.

Is there any secret to getting those gems, anyway? I've been playing pretty regular for the past 8 months or so and I've only gotten one.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Addamere posted:

Is there any secret to getting those gems, anyway? I've been playing pretty regular for the past 8 months or so and I've only gotten one.

Open more chests. (AKA give riot your money)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
alot of talk about maokai support but its really boring

also maokai's ult is so garbage like... I basically used in as a damage skill because its so loving slow

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Tired Moritz posted:

alot of talk about maokai support but its really boring

also maokai's ult is so garbage like... I basically used in as a damage skill because its so loving slow
His ult is awful as a primary engage but if you can do it over a wall or something it can catch people off guard. Or if you can combo it with some other cc it's great, I had a ton of success with an ashe adc.

I agree he's kinda boring though. It's undoubtedly effective but it's more funny than fun.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it seems like since just about the only thing his ult is good for (disengage) actually sort of matches with supporting

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's fun to w into the middle of a fight, drop the ultimate, then waddle away.

I discovered today the amazingly fun synergy of Ivern and Maokai, btw. On demand bushes for super saplings is great. Thanks enemy Ivern!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Blow them on Dreadnova Darius since

1. It's the newest
2. Because of #1 it's the rarest skin in the game so it's the coolest of those three

Also Vayne is garbage right now anyways

edit: Also Dreadnova is kinda pay to win because the Q indicator is way more clear on it than any other Darius skin

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 13, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've probably had 20 gemstones on my main account over the last 2 years but I turned every one of them into chests so...

I've seen Goth Annie less often than Hextech and since I've got her on two accounts I'm not too worried

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

RealFoxy posted:

I've probably had 20 gemstones on my main account over the last 2 years but I turned every one of them into chests so...

I've seen Goth Annie less often than Hextech and since I've got her on two accounts I'm not too worried

I've yet to get a single gemstone in the entire time since they released chests, quit stealing my stones fucker.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Bland posted:

I've yet to get a single gemstone in the entire time since they released chests, quit stealing my stones fucker.
Complain @ me when you've spent over 2k on a free to play game, friend. I've gotten three just from the MSI capsules this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

RealFoxy posted:

Complain @ me when you've spent over 2k on a free to play game, friend. I've gotten three just from the MSI capsules this week.

:eyepop: Alright so that comes out to like $100 a gemstone, those are some expensive rear end skins.

• Locked thread