Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Do you still get more feathers if you choose a loser every round?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
After the finals you'll get feathers based on your final total score so picking losers that get x3 more often helps

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Julia/Sanaki has been on "same" with Julia having the lead since I woke up

There was a brief period this morning where Julia got 3x. I managed one win during that time. Whee!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

akulanization posted:

Are they doing a vote total thing for the gauntlet again? Should be another 20 orbs.

drat I hope so, I'll have like 80 orbs for Celica's banner then. Gonna be nice doing full pulls without having to second guess it, everyone on that banner is good or goodish.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope Boey has good stats. It would be nice to get a male mage that isn't a tank.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Someone talk me out of promoting this Xander

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

Someone talk me out of promoting this Xander

Do it he's good

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

LightningKimba posted:

I voted for Leo.

... A part of me feels like I'm on the worst horse. :shobon:

how DARE you fight against henry

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

how DARE you fight against henry

who's that? all i see against leo in the bracket is a walking raudraven+ being inherited by better characters.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I love Merric solely for his little "Sha!" when he attacks

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Julia's slowly pulling ahead, maybe by the time I wake up Sanaki will be weak again. Hopefully I don't miss it or I'll lose my ~750 position.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

After the finals you'll get feathers based on your final total score so picking losers that get x3 more often helps

The game isn't totally clear about this, but I think the x3 bonus only applies to your team contribution, not to your personal score.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Ugh, I want to put pivot on my Zephiel, but my only source is a +attack -speed Eirika who might be useful as a support if I ever get enough blade tome users. Or is that a terrible IV spread for her?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Eirika probably wants speed the most and attack the least so I'd say so, yeah.

e: Not that it's bad though, she's support anyway and doesn't care about stats too much. Speed is just nice to have so she can survive more stray hits.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 13, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What specific situations you would rather have pivot over say reposition or swap>

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Tae posted:

What specific situations you would rather have pivot over say reposition or swap>

Doing any 4 armor team.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Tae posted:

pivot is great on the armors, reposition is better on the non-armors

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Okay so I'm torn between 3 builds for my linde and any advice would be very much appreciated! I'll probably put moonbow or maybe draconic aura for the special on any one I choose to roll with. Also going to keep Ardent Sacrifice as well along with her factory tome.

Build 1
A skill fury 3
B skill desperation 3
C skill threaten speed 3

Build 2
A skill killing blow 3
B skill desperation 3
C skill threaten res 3

Build 3
A skill life and death 3
B skill desperation 3
C skill hone attack or Threaten speed 3

It sounds like the fury build is the most compatible with Desperation since she won't have to suffer any hits, and losing a turn or 2 using Ardent Sacrifice could be problematic as well. Death blow might bump her strength up enough to one hit some units though, so I figured I'd check with the pros and see what you guys might have to say!

It's so much fun to build up a new character but I always hesitate for ages on actually inheriting skills onto them.

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013
Fury or L&D is probably Linde's best A skill. Deathblow is best on a +spd Linde.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Sanaki passed Julia up so I used as many flags as I could.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

The game isn't totally clear about this, but I think the x3 bonus only applies to your team contribution, not to your personal score.

Nope, I had 66k added to my personal score for the win I got during the few minutes that Merric was leading MRobin yesterday

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

bobjr posted:

Sanaki passed Julia up so I used as many flags as I could.

It takes about 4 hours to spend all the flags you get in a round so I'm waiting till the last minute to see if she still needs my help

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Tired Moritz posted:

I hope Boey has good stats. It would be nice to get a male mage that isn't a tank.

He has Ignis at base, so I don't think they're going to deviate from the mold other than Reinhardt, unfortunately.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
loving GOD

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Eirika probably wants speed the most and attack the least so I'd say so, yeah.

e: Not that it's bad though, she's support anyway and doesn't care about stats too much. Speed is just nice to have so she can survive more stray hits.

The best Eirika spread is probably +Spd/-HP. That's what I got at least and she's pretty rad with TA 2 and Swordbreaker 2.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Philip Rivers posted:

The best Eirika spread is probably +Spd/-HP. That's what I got at least and she's pretty rad with TA 2 and Swordbreaker 2.

+ATK might work better with swordbreaker since most of the green threats are slow already (and Eirika isn't going to double Nino anyway)

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

You're probably not wrong but I guess i meant more in general, my Eirika was good before I put Swordbreaker on her so :shrug:

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Huh. I just got a +SPD -Def Ike. Hurray!

Did I ever mentioned I loving hate the whole IV thing.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Tae posted:

Do you still get more feathers if you choose a loser every round?
As long as you pick an unpopular loser such that you get top 10k or so with minimal flags.

For example I'm rank 6500 on Merric after 200 flags during a bonus phase. Going any further would probably take another 200-400 but you're better off conserving for the final day.

Keep in mind this probably only gets you like ... an extra 1-2k of feathers, maybe 3k depending on how this bonus phase crap works out for the total rank at the end and if your unpopular loser team like actually wins at some point. That's compared to just picking the person who wins every single round and minimal flags to get some OKAY rank.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 13, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
How much does merging actually help your arena score? I could merge both Hector and Subaki... but one has Distant Counter and the other has Quick Riposte 3.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ApplesandOranges posted:

How much does merging actually help your arena score? I could merge both Hector and Subaki... but one has Distant Counter and the other has Quick Riposte 3.
Substantially. I don't think there is a reliable way to go above 680 consistently without some form of merging. You can do a 5* +1, or some people say you can do a 4*+7 or so.

As for how much, my 5* +1 infantry team with no armor gives me a score range of 684 to 688 pretty consistently. From time to time it will rise to 690-696 but that's very rare.

It's hard to say how effective that is in terms of ranking given the system changes. The current ranking process seems much easier than the previous system's flat score tiers though so you should be good. I would not advise merging +2 off the bat without giving +1 a shot first, the difficulty increase is fairly noticeable.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I get 684-688 with no merges, just heavy heavy skill inheritance. I've even gotten a few 690s and 692s

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I get 684-688 with no merges, just heavy heavy skill inheritance. I've even gotten a few 690s and 692s

I get about the same in normal seasons. This season I'm getting about 676-680 because I have to run a 4* Zephiel.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh poo poo, yeah I forgot my 680 barrier was when I ran a 4* Sharena. So the +1 probably isn't adding that much consistency then. It probably does need a +2.

I am not gonna test that though, especially in the new system.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I range from 680-684, rarely 688, and am hovering just above the bottom of the top tier. They're all 5*s, but maybe Spring Camilla using regular Gronnblade is bringing scoring down a bit.

Might have to see what next week's arena bonus units are first though.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I'm running teams with one *5+1 and get opponents in the 684-690 range, sometimes up to 694. Everyone on my teams has full skill inheritance, though.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
What is the best tactic for flag usage? Should I be using them in the first round or saving them for later rounds? I'm with team Julia so it looks like neither side going to get low enough to get the 3X bonus.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:negative: every other battle I get into now has a fully kitted out easter camilla with gronnblade+ and the random team generation just gives me nothing but blues. This is hell.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

:negative: every other battle I get into now has a fully kitted out easter camilla with gronnblade+ and the random team generation just gives me nothing but blues. This is hell.

Take a red?

May net less points, but 10/11 is better than zero, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

chiasaur11 posted:

Take a red?

May net less points, but 10/11 is better than zero, right?

My only two decent reds are Roy and Ryoma, neither of which can really stand up to being hit by these Camillas. I don't have any good red wizards.