Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Lindsay Thomas would be proud of that flop from Darling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

That loving goal umpire. Called touched against the Bulldogs and didn't even ask the video umpire and then the replay clearly shows that it had passed the line. Hometown umpiring at its finest

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
this game owns

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That pass was about 7m

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Testekill posted:

That loving goal umpire. Called touched against the Bulldogs and didn't even ask the video umpire and then the replay clearly shows that it had passed the line. Hometown umpiring at its finest

I goal umpire occasionally and it can be loving hard, but in the position he was I have no idea how he couldn't call that. Really clearly over the line.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Really expensive turnovers​ by the dogs, only matched by some terrible kicks on goal by eagles :toot:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

hiddenmovement posted:

I goal umpire occasionally and it can be loving hard, but in the position he was I have no idea how he couldn't call that. Really clearly over the line.

The AFL says that they review every shot on goal but somebody should pull that umpire aside at halftime and tell them "unless the ball clearly goes through without anyone touching it then err on the side of caution and call a loving review"

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

The AFL says that they review every shot on goal but somebody should pull that umpire aside at halftime and tell them "unless the ball clearly goes through without anyone touching it then err on the side of caution and call a loving review"

I think they only review every goal before the centre bounce. How could they have time to review a touched behind before they kick it back out?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Testekill posted:

They review every goal regardless. I remember Petracca getting robbed badly last year when he kicked a goal, everyone set up in the middle then the review ump called down and made them set up as he overrode it as a behind

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Every goal, not every behind.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Oof, that would have a GotY contender if Kennedy kicked that

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

yong

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

yohannesen

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Wtf is wrong with Kennedy

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

ewe2 posted:

Wtf is wrong with Kennedy

should bring back the stutter step

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

ugh now loving basil is saying yong

e: yason yohanneson

2: lol i love how everyone is just like, nah baz

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 12, 2017

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lot of puckered buttholes in Subi

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

No percentage in that one, talk about unconvincing.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ewe2 posted:

No percentage in that one, talk about unconvincing.

something something flat track bullies something something

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Schlesische posted:

something something flat track bullies something something

Lol, knocking over the premiers is being a flat track bully now?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

NPR Journalizard posted:

Lol, knocking over the premiers is being a flat track bully now?

The Victorian media is totally gonna talk about how it was "an unconvincing win to a great game, Eagles still have plenty to prove" which is code for "we're waiting until they start losing again, but we've got like 15 'why the Eagles are flat track bullies' stories ready to go".
That is, assuming they bother talking about it at all.

I don't agree with that story line, but I am going to enjoy reading it.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
This is more and more confirming that the Dogs got real hot at the right time last year. Few people who saluted in the finals are really average atm.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

TG-Chrono posted:

This is more and more confirming that the Dogs got real hot at the right time last year. Few people who saluted in the finals are really average atm.

Was thinking the same thing. They haven't exactly been amazing this year. Of course they are very good at getting injured so they do have that going against them.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
There has also been 17 other sides that have had a whole summer to look at what they do and pick it apart.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
The Doggies are doing a lot better than we did after what you might call our freak flag in 2008, even though their style has been countered a bit - they don't really smash teams, they grind them down.

Winning in Perth is just hard for travelling teams and they've played their two games there already. You could probably even put the Canberra game in that category because it was pretty cold that night.

The Doggies still seem to be having poo poo luck with injuries but I think they've got enough about them to grab enough wins from the middle of the road teams to make it back into the finals.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

We literally bought in a guy fresh off of a knee reconstruction to play full forward because we have nobody avaliable. That basically says it all in terms of our lack of players; thankfully we should be in a good place to reload after the bye when we will be getting guys like Morris, Roughead, Dickson, Cloke & Stringer back.

I dunno what's up with Libba though; way down on last year and his tackling and intensity wasn't anywhere near close to the start of this year. 100% losing his spot to Wallis.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Carn the mighty Lions!

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
There must be some kind of contractual obligation to have the roof open at Saints Blues games or something. I'm cold.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

monolithburger posted:

There must be some kind of contractual obligation to have the roof open at Saints Blues games or something. I'm cold.

I wont be at the game (drat uni work) so I'd appreciate it you could cheer extra loud to make up for my absence. Thanks!

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Periphery posted:

I wont be at the game (drat uni work) so I'd appreciate it you could cheer extra loud to make up for my absence. Thanks!

Can do! Will channel my standing room brethren of last week. (May have hugged one after that Jack Steven snap in the 4th)

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

monolithburger posted:

Can do! Will channel my standing room brethren of last week. (May have hugged one after that Jack Steven snap in the 4th)

My voice is still recovering from last week so it's probably for the best that I'm not there.

*yells at the TV anyway*

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

monolithburger posted:

Day games it'll be kept open weather permitting , afl rule acording to 774.

It is a little cool here but not too bad.

Wirse thing is carlton wearing white.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Jack Billings is actually a good footballer?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Saints should probably try to kick to Saints players inside our 50 instead of kicking directly to the Blues.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Man we've fallen in a heap pretty quickly ugh

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I swear to the almighty if we lose to Brisbane in loving Tasmania

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Periphery posted:

The Saints should probably try to kick to Saints players inside our 50 instead of kicking directly to the Blues.

Nah. Keep doing it thanks.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

drunkill posted:

Nah. Keep doing it thanks.

20 inside 50's for 4.3 compared to 6 inside 50s for 4.0

:suicide:

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Billings has been threatening to do this for a while.

Why the gently caress didn't I wear a jacket, I'm freezing my rear end off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
How about you lay a loving tackle, Saints

• Locked thread