Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Could this have anything to do with the crows getting smashed in clearances despite having a 9cm advantage in the ruck against a guy who played 6 games last year? Nah it's probably Victorian umpiring conspiracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
honestly what is happening

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Schneider Inside Her posted:

honestly what is happening

Trump won

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Solemn Sloth posted:

Could this have anything to do with the crows getting smashed in clearances despite having a 9cm advantage in the ruck against a guy who played 6 games last year? Nah it's probably Victorian umpiring conspiracy

One of the umpires put a block on at a stoppage earlier

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Apparently Rory Sloane is the Adelaide captain

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
No Sloane no Crows.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The umpiring has been as incredibly one sided in Melbourne's favour as the contest between Brad Crouch and Jack Viney

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

strap on revenge posted:

flag contenders:

All set for Richmond 2017 premiers, followed by the apocalypse.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Weird Sandwich posted:

All set for Richmond 2017 premiers, followed by the apocalypse.

I'd prefer reversing the order of these if that's at all possible

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Jacobs had 74 hit outs lol

Also highlight of the game was Tyson kicking Rory Atkins in the nuts in a marking contest

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Can't wait for us to make one change and it's Scott Thompson in

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Extremely weird seeing a Melbourne team song with no one in the middle

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

If any of you missed it, do yourself a favour and watch Clayton Oliver's GOTY. It's ridiculous.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
It feels incongruous to be in total disarray and yet still top of the ladder

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Tipping Status: Still hosed

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

racing identity posted:

Can't wait for us to make one change and it's Scott Thompson in

Brad Crouch out for Hugh Greenwood, someone who is everything Crouch isn't, a skilled, physical, big bodied mid who actually has desire and work ethic

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
well that made for some entertaining reading. do the dees play badelaide again this year?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/PL0tZx6.gifv

:chanpop:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'd prefer reversing the order of these if that's at all possible

I think you will find that Richmond winning the flag IS the apocalypse.

Also footy is bad, even if you win it is bad.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
On the plus side I finally played my first game of the season today where I proceeded to play terribly, get pinged taking a free kick too long which was goaled and then got kicked in the nads.

Footy is good, even when its bad its good.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I played as an emergency for a whole 5 touches (which is a pb tbf) then ran the ladies game. Most of that was spent playing 'find the random mystery person in the crowd who for some reason was trusted to look after the keys to all the clubrooms'.

Adding to 'wtf is going on' and more specifically wtf is wrong with Geelong. God I miss McCarthy at least he could loving tackle.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
people on facebook want guthrie to get 3 weeks for pushing that umpire that was in his way before a mark :psyduck:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

NTRabbit vs SolemnSloth is peak bitching both ways.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Freo looking good against the tigers in front of 3 people at the mcg

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

lol richmond

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Gettin smashed now

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

:laffo:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Angus Brayshaw's career might be over. He has suffered another concussion - i think that is 3 or possibly 4 this year? And 5 or 6 in the last 12 months. Apparently it was pretty much just a typical tackle/bump you'd see a hundred times a game.

At the very very least he needs to be taken out of the game for the remainder of the year.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Windmill Hut posted:

Angus Brayshaw's career might be over. He has suffered another concussion - i think that is 3 or possibly 4 this year? And 5 or 6 in the last 12 months. Apparently it was pretty much just a typical tackle/bump you'd see a hundred times a game.

At the very very least he needs to be taken out of the game for the remainder of the year.

Yeah, I've said here before that I think he should probably not be playing contact sports anymore for his long term health. We have been really conservative with concussions so as you say I wouldn't be surprised if we tell him to take the year off, and maybe send him over to the states to talk to some experts about things, get some perspectives on the risks etc.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Richmond copping a bath from the umps here

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Not many people in China...

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well, a shitload of people in China, just not at this game which is about to start.

The oval looks amazing though, perfect playing surface and unused since it was seeded a few months ago.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

It's highly likely that Richmond will be out of the 8 with a percentage below 100 after next week :classiclol:

Geelong might also be out of the 8 if they lose to the Doggies by a bit and Melbourne get up. Crazy to think that they started 5-0 but could be out of the top 8 at the end of Round 9.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Loving the grandstand team talking Richmond up as comeback kings based on one game where they overran a team who had a two man bench before half time

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drunkill posted:

Well, a shitload of people in China, just not at this game which is about to start.

The oval looks amazing though, perfect playing surface and unused since it was seeded a few months ago.

Think I mentioned it before but a bunch of the AFL Asia sides played a small tournament yesterday, including a number of our boys over for Japan. Today after the Suns-Port game there will be a China vs AFL Asia All-Stars game, one of my Japanese teammates playing for the all-star side.

Most important for the footy trip I need to catch up with the lads on the 3-2-1 for last night out in Shanghai!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I don't really care about either side but Kochie's tears if Port lose their own game will be pretty funny so go Suns I guess

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
God damnit Freo don't you dare throw this away.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
:vince:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Peak Richmond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015