Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lester begrudgingly went along to a social gathering to appease his wife, and was shocked to learn that there are real people out there who aren't hooked into the right-wing media bubble.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"I'm frustrated that people are ostracizing me for all the racist, sexist, reality-denying poo poo I say."

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Jay Rust posted:

Lester begrudgingly went along to a social gathering to appease his wife, and was shocked to learn that there are real people out there who aren't hooked into the right-wing media bubble.

More telling: everyone is white. And old. And well off, for that matter.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

He also drank all the whiskey sours. Tinsley and him got in a fight over them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the kellys you say??

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Could this be Kelly's origin story? :ohdear:

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I have cheerled for Republicans for years.
The current president is a Republican and an objectively terrible person and president.
The rest of the Republicans are allowing this.
How can I resolve this cognitive dissonance?

ah.... retreat into fantasy

I've noticed that the Standard Republicans on the internet seem to have collectively forgotten who is president and are seeking comfort in attacking the SJWs, student protestors, BLM and Hillary Clinton. Nary a mention of the Pres, even as he flies off his rocker approximately every 3 days right now. They seem to live in a blissful universe where President Boring Republican is carefully whittling away at the ACA without making news of any import that they might want to pay attention to.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah literally said "Nobody's asking to "give Trump a chance anymore" huh?" on my FB and I only got one bite. And they were trolling.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
First it was 'the last eight years never happened', now it's 'the next eight years aren't happening'.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

BarbarianElephant posted:

I've noticed that the Standard Republicans on the internet seem to have collectively forgotten who is president and are seeking comfort in attacking the SJWs, student protestors, BLM and Hillary Clinton. Nary a mention of the Pres, even as he flies off his rocker approximately every 3 days right now. They seem to live in a blissful universe where President Boring Republican is carefully whittling away at the ACA without making news of any import that they might want to pay attention to.

He managed to get the highest office. He has to do a lot of boring paperwork. His legislatures keep failing. Most people hate him and the others straight up ignore his existence. Were did Donnie get his monkey paw from?

I still don't really believe he ever actually wanted this job.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Guerra posted:

"Tapes"

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Well yeah, I think it's always been pretty obvious that he wanted to be president, not do president.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Starshark posted:

First it was 'the last eight years never happened', now it's 'the next eight years aren't happening'.

Time is a foregone concept
We have evolved beyond such things as 'ideas'
Only one truth remains
That loving KENYAN

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

BarbarianElephant posted:

(remember the "kung fu" craze?)

You mean "Kung Fu" that old TV series where they used a white lead to make the show more relatable to the audience? :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Hey guys, I have some pretty controversial opinions about that Swedish Zelda comic that keeps getting posted. So yeah, you're going to want to go ahead and drop whatever you're doing and listen to what I have to say. I feel like that cartoon should be banned from the thread because when you think about it, it's just a left wing version of day by d...

:stonk: N-N-NEVERMIND!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Hey guys, I have some pretty controversial opinions about that Swedish Zelda comic that keeps getting posted. So yeah, you're going to want to go ahead and drop whatever you're doing and listen to what I have to say. I feel like that cartoon should be banned from the thread because when you think about it, it's just a left wing version of day by d...

:stonk: N-N-NEVERMIND!

:perfect:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Picturing a bunch of people drinking and having fun laughing about trump while Lester seethes in the corner, dreaming up this cartoon and thinking it will trigger them so hard.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
What's the most important, worrying, dangerous thing in the US Government right now?
...definitely soda tax.

"Democrats loved Comey when he said there wasn't enough to prosecute Clinton!"
Are they just going to keep telling themselves this till the end of time? There's no way to say "that's wrong" loud enough, is there?

I mean hell, he pretty much summarized his own myopic worldview in a single sentence:

Chip Bok posted:

That somehow outraged Democrats
He acknowledges Trump caused outrage through his actions, but he doesn't understand how, and frankly, he doesn't bother figuring it out. There's something there, some sort of reason that people became angry, and he doesn't understand it, but rather than piecing it together and making a commentary on that he just goes "MUST BE BECAUSE THEY'RE DUMB AND CRAZY!" and calls it a loving day.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

In a democracy, we can't pick and choose who we want to hang out with? Got it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Vice taxes are lovely regressive things because they disproportionately punish the poor, although for Tinsley it's just a "all taxes are bad" shtick.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

BigglesSWE posted:

In a democracy, we can't pick and choose who we want to hang out with? Got it.

Except for gay people, yes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So what's the source for those great "Ministry of Alternate Facts" propaganda posters?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm currently studying soda taxes, so I can go into insane detail if folks would like.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm currently studying soda taxes, so I can go into insane detail if folks would like.

Do they reduce soda consumption?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Discendo Vox posted:

Do it, can't be any worse than the other stuff posted here.

Are they effective?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I get the Trump=emperor with no clothes part, but still not sure why Darrin Bell always adds a bikini tan line. Shout out to Muir, maybe?

This Comey business is looking pretty dire ...what else can I make an ObamaBad about?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Oh god not again.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Reference:

quote:

Former FBI Director James Comey was "taken aback" by President Donald Trump's request for a personal assurance or pledge of loyalty at a dinner shortly after he took office, a source close to Comey told CNN Friday.

Comey refused to do so, saying he could not provide such a pledge -- those who work at the FBI pledge their loyalty to the US Constitution, not to any individual person -- but he promised to always be honest with the President.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Friday rejected the idea that Trump asked Comey to pledge his loyalty. "I think the President wants loyalty to his country and to the rule of law," Spicer said.
Trump himself echoed those remarks in an interview with Jeanine Pirro on Fox News on Friday.
Pressed by Pirro on whether he asked Comey for his loyalty, Trump responded: "No, I didn't, but I don't think it would be a bad question to ask. I think loyalty to the country, loyalty to the US, is important. You know, it depends on how you define loyalty, No. 1; No. 2, I don't know how it got out there because I didn't ask that question."
A description of the dinner and conversation was first reported Thursday night by The New York Times, although CNN had previously reported Comey's refusal to give Trump any assurance of personal loyalty.

Asked on MSNBC Friday about the dinner, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Comey "was uneasy with it, just for the appearance."
As CNN reported, Comey's refusal to pledge loyalty is one of the reasons the President fired him, the other being the acceleration of the probe into alleged collusion between Trump's presidential campaign and Russia.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sandpuppy posted:

This Comey business is looking pretty dire ...what else can I make an ObamaBad about?

You're a real piece of poo poo, Ramirez. Focus on the present, will ya?

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Sandpuppy posted:

Should I reference human anatomy, or just draw a cancerous mass as the carpal bones?

...and why not?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Sandpuppy posted:

Can we take away his pulitzers somehow? This is just pathetic.

Why not make a second hand and label it DEBT while you're at it Ramirez.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
4 years from now the world is a crater and ramirez will still be whining about the time a black man became president

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Hey goons, got some rude toons for you to peruse:

Tldr: If you loving don't hate this piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat gently caress I hate him You're a bigoted rear end in a top hat shithead gently caress he's bad I don't like him he's mean.

Stupid democracts with their scary skull faces, and their weird hats, and their hideous loyalty.

Every now and then Stantis lets the little yellow dog guy win one and it's always :laugh: as gently caress

The new season of Attack on Titan is getting really weird.

Uhhhhhhh thanks for the advice Drinky Duck, I guess :confused:

Koishi Komeiji fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 14, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I doubt Trump would have made it beyond the middle manager level of mob bosses before being killed.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Uhhhhhhh thanks for the advice Drinky Duck, I guess :confused:

This feels like a parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Tldr: If you loving don't hate this piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat gently caress I hate him You're a bigoted rear end in a top hat shithead gently caress he's bad I don't like him he's mean.

I mean, I despise my PM but I really can't read your tedious ramblings Mr.Fish.

• Locked thread