Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Ah, you got robot that literally farts bombs when it bends over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Actually the Full Metal Jacket doesn't absorb bullets, rather it automatically uses one of your blanks when you're about to get hit. It's super good if you're trying to get all the master rounds in one run.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Cerebral Bore posted:

Actually the Full Metal Jacket doesn't absorb bullets, rather it automatically uses one of your blanks when you're about to get hit. It's super good if you're trying to get all the master rounds in one run.

Crap, you're right. I'm thinking of something else. Loadstone, I think. Alas!

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie
Can the robot pee on fire to put it out?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Sure. He can also pee on fuses to prevent chests from exploding.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Klaus88 posted:

Yeah, that's usually what happens when I get the scarf.

Yeah I find that the scarf always gets me killed. An actually good item that always gets me killed is the cog of battle. I can't dodge and think about my reloads at the same time apparently.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Everything gets me killed, sooner or later.

Glad to see you back, Scruffy. Not even for the LP update--which is always appreciated regardless--but it sounded like you were having a rough time. Good to know you're doing okay. :)

Kinda sucks about having no time off, though. I am not a military man, and yet I feel your pain.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

God the shortcuts aren't even good and unlocking the robot is already difficult, why :psyduck:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I missed all the worrying sounds you make when you're in danger. :allears:

I'm really glad this is back, any plans for future videos or are they going to be you attempting to get your groove back?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Cartographer's Ring and Bloodied Scarf in one run. If they threw in a Ruby Bracelet you could have had the trifecta of useless garbage.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

The Scarf is completely overpowered if you know how to use it and absolutely awful if you don't. I fall firmly into the second category, so I almost never pick it up.

Cheesing Wallmonger with it is kind of fun, though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Good to have you back Scruffy!

Yeah, man watching you almost get hit by like 5 things during the Gorgun boss fight just to barely get tagged is the most Gungeon thing.

Its why I never get master rounds :negative:

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Grapplejack posted:

God the shortcuts aren't even good and unlocking the robot is already difficult, why :psyduck:

The shortcuts are handy for speeding up some of the hunt quests - bullet sharks, for example, don't appear on the first floor, so you can grind them out faster by skipping directly to the Gungeon Proper and working from there. Also the reward for unlocking all the shortcuts is cool and good even if the shortcut quest is terrible.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I heard the scarf actually works really well when using a controller, while it's awkward as gently caress with kbm.

Does the robots electricity combo as hilariously as I think it does with water based weapons like barrel of fish/super soaker?

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 20, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Nalesh posted:

Does the robots electricity combo as hilariously as I think it does with water based weapons like barrel of fish/super soaker?

Yes. With the super soaker you can spray a 360 degree stream around yourself and electrify the entire room.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Nalesh posted:

I heard the scarf actually works really well when using a controller, while it's awkward as gently caress with kbm.

Other way around, I think. The Scarf is very powerful with K&M because you can instantly teleport across the room, which is harder to pull off with a controller.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Really the problem is that you can never practice with it consistently enough to get good.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Other way around, I think. The Scarf is very powerful with K&M because you can instantly teleport across the room, which is harder to pull off with a controller.

on the flip side, it's much easier to basically use it as a better dodge roll though, because tapping will teleport you roughly dodge roll length in the direction you were moving.can't do that with the mouse.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

Really the problem is that you can never practice with it consistently enough to get good.

This, it would be nice if the game had more characters with uncommon loadouts (kind of like the bullet really).

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You never appreciate how useful health can be until you play without it.

Though I like that the Robot's face turns off before the Gun That Kills The Past saves them.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I really need to update this more often. Who wants to see a run where I get mostly garbage weaponry?!?!

The Robot Mk3/Polsy

Who's next to ENTER THE GUNGEON?

Spudd posted:

I missed all the worrying sounds you make when you're in danger. :allears:

I'm really glad this is back, any plans for future videos or are they going to be you attempting to get your groove back?

My plan is to do various challenge stuff now. Like all brown chests. Or actual challenge runs. There is a game mode for that. It's really hard.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Great to see this back in action with a drat nailbiter update. Hopefully you unlock Casey next run so you can show off the glory!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What's the maximum number of gluon stones one can have?

Edit: Also, when an enemy gets devolved, does their health re-set?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 13, 2017

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
To preface this post, I'd like to say that this LP convinced me to buy Enter the Gungeon.

Having said that holy crap is this game hard and you make it look much easier than it is. In the 15 hours I've played so far I've only managed to reach floor 3 a few times, though I can at least generally beat the first floor and Oubliette. It gets me really frustrated since I keep getting Ser Junkan on the first floor. I mean. I'm seeing progress in how I'm getting better, but it's slow going.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
It's garbage guns all the way down!

I love this LP so much.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Here's a question: does the Robot take damage from the Electrified Blank? Since he's immune to electricity and all.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Gads, I kept getting annoyed at you not using the water in the boss fights. Especially against the snake because of the sectional damage!

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
The Full Metal Jacket isn't as cool and good when you're bad at the game, like me. Because then you basically lose all your blanks as soon as the floor starts.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
That sure was a key and peel run.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
16 episodes in and each one is more entertaining than the last. How the hell do you manage that? Where's the ceiling?

Also, rather uncertain about this, but I think the move where Sarah Connor sprays poison out in a radioactive symbol might be a Duke Nukem reference? I mean, if they're already mixing two with Terminator and Sonic, why not three.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

GeneralYeti posted:

Here's a question: does the Robot take damage from the Electrified Blank? Since he's immune to electricity and all.

I assume you mean the tasers, the electrified rubber bullet dudes. Robot isn't immune to electricity so he would still take damage from that. It's less electricity damage at that point and more contact damage.

Samovar posted:

What's the maximum number of gluon stones one can have?

Edit: Also, when an enemy gets devolved, does their health re-set?

I'm not sure what the max guon stones is, the most I've had at once was three and I lost them before finding a fourth. As for getting devolved, I'm not sure. Enemies usually get devolved into something with lower health so it's hard to say for sure if they're taking ongoing damage or if the new health limit is really low.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

At around the 24:30 mark, when the giant mushroom monster spawned, it glowed red and looked to launch a bunch of Jammed Spores before reverting back to its standard palette and attacks. And I missing something? Why did that happen?

Also, Nthing the well wishes and happiness for another video. Doing good work, Scruffy!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Welcome back, Scruffy!

Arcade Rabbit posted:

At around the 24:30 mark, when the giant mushroom monster spawned, it glowed red and looked to launch a bunch of Jammed Spores before reverting back to its standard palette and attacks. And I missing something? Why did that happen?

There was a Jammomancer buffing the mushroom monster; then it was spooked and its buff was lost.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Damnit Scruffy, I kept hearing Discord notification sounds and wondering why I wasn't seeing any messages. Then I realized it was the video.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

CirclMastr posted:

Damnit Scruffy, I kept hearing Discord notification sounds and wondering why I wasn't seeing any messages. Then I realized it was the video.

I didn't even realized it was Discord notification sounds in this case because I have all that turned off because its annoying.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 14, 2017

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Am I the only one disappointed in the lack of robotic choices in the poll

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I think Scruffy's earned a break from the robot. He can always do a hell run with it later which will probably be enough.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So the things everyone was regretting enough to come to the Gungeon

Hunter- Being cryogenically frozen for a couple of centuries
Marine- Cowardice during a DOOM scenario where all his comrades died
Pilot- Abandoning his partner to the space police
Convict- not killing the police hard enough when they came to arrest her
Bullet- Not killing Cannondorf
Robot- Letting the last human live instead of killing her

Does the game normally stop you from taking the original 'wrong' option in the Past or was that unique to the Robot?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Zore posted:

So the things everyone was regretting enough to come to the Gungeon

Hunter- Being cryogenically frozen for a couple of centuries
Marine- Cowardice during a DOOM scenario where all his comrades died
Pilot- Abandoning his partner to the space police
Convict- not killing the police hard enough when they came to arrest her
Bullet- Not killing Cannondorf
Robot- Letting the last human live instead of killing her

Does the game normally stop you from taking the original 'wrong' option in the Past or was that unique to the Robot?

I actually don't know! The only ones that give you a choice that seems to matter are the Hunter, Pilot, and Marine. Both of the Convict's options are flip the desk, and the Bullet doesn't have a choice in his past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Mega Douser for MVP. That is... ridiculous.

Congrats on making the best of a bad situation, scruffy. :toot:

• Locked thread