Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i hope you all are in the cool kids club that believes diane is the name he gave the recorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

hissssss

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
police lives = unimportant and i am glad of it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Agrajag posted:

who is maggie?

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

*click* titties: I like the bigger ones *click*

???

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

i hope you all are in the cool kids club that believes diane is the name he gave the recorder

its in canon that diane doesn't exist and that he is just using talking to her as a rhetorical device (twin peaks extended universe spoiler)

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

*leans into cassette recorder*

*ragged hypernormalized breaths*

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
So let's say Trump carries a recorder around wherever he goes. As far as I know, recording devices are not allowed in SCIF rooms. Our broken brain president, who can't remember anything, and believes he invented the adage, "priming the pump" is currently carrying around a bunch of highly classified information right now. Like hours and hours of it. I hope he misplaces it. Or a rogue intern steals it and gives to the NYT.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

for some reason the only answer he ever gets is "lol no"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ramadu posted:

the president is a lawyer

somehow thats the thing thats really broken my brain about this presidency

You know honorary doctorates, like, don't actually count right?

I mean, I know the president doesn't, so I'm sure he'll be giving Sessions legal advice for the next four years.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmao

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
excellent and confidence-inspiring use of fundrasing by local dems, as per usual:
https://twitter.com/PhillyInquirer/status/863142848111284225

quote:

On Nov. 25, all 12 of the host committee staff received bonus checks.

Washo, who had a monthly salary of $13,000 for two years starting in March 2015, received the most ($310,000). Rendell said Washo’s payment was part bonus and part back pay for the volunteer work he did during the bid phase of the convention starting in August 2013 and until early 2015. Washo was part of a small team that worked to get the Democratic National Committee to pick Philadelphia for their convention. During that time, he was working for a Washington-based political consulting firm.

Washo said his work with the early committee was “above and beyond” a volunteer job.

Washo said the payouts were decided by him, Rendell, and chief operating officer Eliza Rose.

“It’s performance. Everyone worked hard. We tried to be fair,” he said.

Rose, who was paid between $9,000 and $10,000 monthly by the committee, received a $43,238 bonus.

Chief finance officer Jason O’Malley, who was paid about $8,000 monthly by the committee, received a $220,000 bonus. Rendell said O’Malley’s fundraising work deserved a “performance bonus.”

Other staff bonuses range from $13,357 for the office manager, who was paid $3,000 monthly; to $58,286 for communications director Anna Adams-Sarthou, who was paid between $4,000 and $5,000 per month.

Washo, now a government affairs principal at the Cozen O’Connor law firm, said he could not remember what scale, if any, was used to determine the bonus amounts.

“They were awards for service well done. We had a small staff and worked very long hours. … We wanted them to know they are valued,” he said Thursday.

also i'm sure this was among the 3,000 posts i missed yesterday, but holy lol 'a few exceptions':
https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/863083472054661120

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

I did a thing posted:

So let's say Trump carries a recorder around wherever he goes. As far as I know, recording devices are not allowed in SCIF rooms. Our broken brain president, who can't remember anything, and believes he invented the adage, "priming the pump" is currently carrying around a bunch of highly classified information right now. Like hours and hours of it. I hope he misplaces it. Or a rogue intern steals it and gives to the NYT.
lol this is why he doesn't like anything written down
kushner and trump go over the tapes together

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

im the tremendous dong

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

twitch is following up on its greatest channel ever (https://www.twitch.tv/bobross) with the second best pbs show

https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/11/twitch-mister-rogers-streaming-marathon/

i refuse to get pulled into this one

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

thank you jesus

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

cut to a week from now when you have 20 gb of mister rogers gifs

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/863433990635696130

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i almost believed this was real but i couldnt find a stray shoe

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I did a couple of months of WWOOFing once on a horse ranch pickin up horse poo poo and shoveling hay and stuff

all the horses loving hated me, except this one big ol' draft horse named brandy

she used to nuzzle me in the neck while i did a lovely job cleaning her shoes. i was really bad at it and I clearly nicked her in a few ways that probably hurt her a bunch, but she would just respond by kinda gently leaning against me and nuzzling even more

I swear to god that horse wanted to be my actual friend, and sometimes I really miss her

I just hope Pence was gentle and loving

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Yinlock posted:

im the tremendous dong

not the beautiful dong?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

hahahahaaaa yeaaaass!!!

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Baloogan posted:

Trump is conciously cosplaying as his mom

trump is basically norman bates

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

a masterpiece

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Yinlock posted:

im the tremendous dong

hey cowboy :wink:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

quadrophrenic posted:

I did a couple of months of WWOOFing once on a horse ranch pickin up horse poo poo and shoveling hay and stuff

all the horses loving hated me, except this one big ol' draft horse named brandy

she used to nuzzle me in the neck while i did a lovely job cleaning her shoes. i was really bad at it and I clearly nicked her in a few ways that probably hurt her a bunch, but she would just respond by kinda gently leaning against me and nuzzling even more

I swear to god that horse wanted to be my actual friend, and sometimes I really miss her

I just hope Pence was gentle and loving

lol pence only fucks upper class horses

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Squizzle posted:

sorry, i'm gonna need a month's worth of mr rogers gifs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

its called dressage

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

diane was his human wife but she was trapped in a tape recorder just like josie got trapped in a doorknob

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

art

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Yinlock posted:

cut to a week from now when you have 20 gb of mister rogers gifs

:yeah:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Baloogan posted:

It is cool that the planet is getting hacked

*plays recording of bitcoin sounds to get off SCOTT free*

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Squizzle posted:

but he asks dianne to order some earplugs because of the loud guests and then he has them later

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/863436571084693504

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Baloogan posted:

he can gently caress all the thoroughbreds he wants

nasty loving piss-rear end rich bitch horses, all of them

the melania trump of horses

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

good thing we won't have to worry about that with less regulation allowing more cancer-causing pollution to be released and shittier healthcare that won't pay for it :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

• Locked thread