Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWiKSzBr-2Q

Did you guys see this yet? It's basically never gonna happen, right?

I haven't been in this thread in a few months, is this where the game is currently?

Anyone have an updated "popular game development time" graph?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
lol! the mod of a hate-sub and Grey market sub-Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6axcxk/cig_is_nickel_and_diming_us_at_this_point/

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Tweet that link so we can see a follow up post where he gets mad at you for "implying he meant anything negative" about CIG

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

yeesh

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
these store-credit surcharges might be illegal in some states or counties idk tho i have not been the worlds greatest marketer since i was a little girl

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
You know there are problems when you can't understand the transaction system of an alpha game at a glance. I still don't get what those CCUs are.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Kellanved posted:

You know there are problems when you can't understand the transaction system of an alpha game at a glance. I still don't get what those CCUs are.

lets say you buy a shirt. you get home and it actually doesn't fit you correctly, so you take it back to the store and ask to exchange it. since youre gonna buy something the cashier puts the money store gift card and hands it to you. you walk around the store for a bit, pick out a new shirt that costs the same amount as the one you just exchanged. when you try to pay for it with your giftcard, they tell you theres an extra $5 gift card fee that you have to pay.

if you demand a refund, they will take back every piece of clothing you ever bought from them; and every piece of clothing that someone else bought you from there, (but you wont get refunded for those things)

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Yeah, then you don't pull this poo poo in an unfinished game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Looking at the latest AtV Erin seems to be trying to eat himself to death.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Kellanved posted:

Yeah, then you don't pull this poo poo in an unfinished game.
this is the game

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

Looking at the latest AtV Erin seems to be trying to eat himself to death.

stress, long hours and trying to quit smoking

my fat rear end knows the signs well

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I can understand charging 5$ extra for 0$ CCUs. CIG isn't making any money off of 0$ CCUs and a lot of people are buying hundreds of these CCUs which puts a strain on their database.

phosdex posted:

I'm the database being strained by a couple hundred transactions a day.

Seriously though. it is down right pathetic if anyone is falling for this. This isn't 1984 using dBASE III over a modem.

Even if all million alleged clients used a CCU it shouldn't be straining their "Servers".

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
shamelessly modified from the original

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

He is lucky he even has the privilege to give CIG money. Just another spoiled backer who doesn't know how development works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6axcxk/cig_is_nickel_and_diming_us_at_this_point/dhi78g2/

:boom:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Virtual Captain posted:

Greenscren on AtV. Production team needs some micromanaging Chris. Make those pixels clear, not green.

Wait what is this a skit or are they actually pretending he's in the room working with the dude in the background but they botched the greenscreen?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

EightAce posted:

What's wrong with having Susan Sarandon in the game ?

I thought it was Jane Leeves.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://twitter.com/verge/status/86...genumber%3D7252

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/12/..._source=twitter

maybe they hired the best salesman since she was a little girl?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TheAgent posted:

this is the game

Stop FUDing. There is no game.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

HycoCam posted:

Exciting times to be a Star Citizen--you can be a bald space marine or mini-van driving mom!

No female avatar is allowed to look better than Pusher.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Proving that the only people more gullible than citizens are venture capitalists.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MedicineHut posted:

That is because MoMA is Toast, you silly goose. As a poxy paralegal there, he has a vested interest.

MOMA has a vested interest because his investment will say for 4x the cost of purchasing being gifted them to his account that he will readily be able to sell once the game releahahahahahaha

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Roflan posted:

Proving that the only people more gullible than citizens are venture capitalists.

Are they not the same thing?

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

beep_boop posted:

He is lucky he even has the privilege to give CIG money. Just another spoiled backer who doesn't know how development works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6axcxk/cig_is_nickel_and_diming_us_at_this_point/dhi78g2/

This backer is such an enormous rear end in a top hat about this game that I find myself looking forward to the day the whole shitshow crashes and burns so I can bask in the schadenfreude.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sorry Derek but those arguments have been *destroyed*

beep_boop posted:

But my post has a screenshot so there!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Thoatse posted:

Wait what is this a skit or are they actually pretending he's in the room working with the dude in the background but they botched the greenscreen?

What does your heart tell you?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

TheAgent posted:

when the bombs fall, all of our hard drives will be wiped clean, friend

come join me in the glow

lol if you don't keep your starship jpgs in an emp shielded 8' thick concrete bunker

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

neonbregna posted:

lol if you don't keep your starship jpgs in an emp shielded 8' thick concrete bunker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCFP0p7mOOo

I keep my starship jpegs with my buttcoins on my encrypted cold storage wallet flash drive

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

boviscopophobic posted:

No female avatar is allowed to look better than Pusher.

Then they'd better refactor that female avatar again.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
seems Ben Lesnick is contributing actively again on http://www.wcnews.com/ under his LOAF monicker...

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

TheAgent posted:

this is the game

Seriously, under the disguise of alpha builds and perpetual crowd-funding, this game is shitfest of microtransactions and pay to win stuff, even worse selling stuff that are not in the loving thing and dreams that will never be playable. And running referral contests on the side.

If I had to think of a list of annoying things I would never want to see from a game developer and their game, all of those would be on the top.

The only explanation that I have that the internet has not rained hell on them yet, is that nobody really cares anymore, especially since they insist on releasing lovely alpha builds? And the few who do, are the shitizens (maybe) so no miracles to be expected there.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I find it interesting that Star Citizen is almost perfectly No Mans Sky + Mass Effect Andromeda.
Well, maybe not interesting but noteworthy or something

Edit: Imagine a picture of a cat here

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 13, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure that there's about 2,500 to 10,000 hardcore backers who are spending hundreds or thousands a month on this shitshow

an actual "release" version of star citizen is the only thing that will end up breaking them. I can already imagine the outrageous amount of "how come my $300 ship isn't better than this $175 ship" posts across reddit once that happens

once you start seeing those, that's the end of their core supporters and most of their cashflow

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
*spits on the calloused hand wrapped around my hard cock like a vice*

mooooooooooooooooocaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MogDoctor/status/863466927347380224

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Thoatse posted:

Youtube link to that part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADB-wpvTD0k&t=2079s

I think what you are seeing in the background is stock "diligent office" footage, I am more than willing to believe that is not a CIG office. It's equally possible they put a camera on the team and use it occasionally for segments like this though.

The guy talking is in front of a green-screen obviously.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

AbstractNapper posted:

lol

300 employees.(1)(2)(3)

(1). up to 300,
(2). over the span of 6 years
(3). Half of them were greenscreened into photos and videos, and don't really exist or work for us.

Bullet points in 1,2,3, Derek confirmed, GET HIM

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://twitter.com/AirborneGully/status/863384004426432513

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Crabby hands are IN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

AbstractNapper posted:

The only explanation that I have that the internet has not rained hell on them yet, is that nobody really cares anymore, especially since they insist on releasing lovely alpha builds? And the few who do, are the shitizens (maybe) so no miracles to be expected there.

This thread in the subforum of a subforum of a forum is the 2nd biggest SC community. That should tell you the state of this community.