Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Funny how things change, people used to complain about Naito being sloppy as gently caress.

Yeah cuz he was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Went to the Dearborn show. It was pretty much what I expected. Nothing mindblowing but a really good fun night of wrestling.

-Kelly Klein beat someone in a dark match that I didn't see because I was buying DVDs, but bell-to-bell it was less than two minutes.

-Dalton Castle-Bobby Fish was really good and really fun. Both guys are just awesome. Dalton won with a bang-a-rang.

-MCMG and Jay White got a huge reaction, as expected, and had a gun match with the Rebellion. The hometown guys won. Jay White is so loving smooth in person.

-Silas vs. KUSHIDA was surprisingly good. I expected a short average match but they went a while and did some pretty good stuff. Silas won clean which kind of killed the crowd.

-War Machine/Lethal-Tanahashi was awesome. Everyone worked really hard. Lethal at the pin and that seemed to shock people, which I don't really understand.

-Bully & Briscoes retained against EVIL, SANADA & BUSHI. Match was No DQ and was fun. BUSHI ate the pin after a pretty brutal superbomb through a table. Bully was over huge.

-Naito beat Punishment. Naito loving ruled. The match was okay. Punishment tried too hard to make people think he could hang and he just can't. There weren't any huge botches or anything but trying to go spot for spot with Naito is kind of dumb. Instead of playing the power advantage he was doing springboard poo poo that just looked super underwhelming, especially on a card where we've already seen White, MCMG, KUSHIDA, SANADA and BUSHI.

- Cheeseburger won a 7-way for an instant TV title shot and got subbed by Scurll. This was pretty nothing. Vinny Marseglia inserted himself into the match at the beginning. He's a subpar worker but he's really good at being a douche.

- Daniels retained against Taven. Match was pretty good for a while but went too long. It was good for what it was but nobody cares about Matt Taven.

- Main event was really good. Ospreay pinned Nick Jackson. They went pretty long but it didn't feel long because it was an 8-man and everyone worked super hard. Ospreay is loving amazing in person.

You couldn't have crammed more people in there last night. It was super crowded and definitely seemed like more people than last year.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I agree, it was a fun show. it's breathtaking just how good matt taven is at sucking all the heat out of a room when he wrestles

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Oh that means there's a PPV tonight.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yep! Card looks good

4 corner survival: KUSHIDA vs Dalton Castle (with the boys) vs Bobby Fish vs Silas Young
Kaz vs Hangman Page
War Machine vs LIJ (EVIL and SANADA) vs Search and Destroy (Jonathan Gresham and Chris Sabin with Alex Shelley)
Ospreay vs Jay White
Tanahashi vs Adam Cole
Bully Ray and Briscoes defend the trios titles against CHAOS (RPG Vice and Goto)
Young Bucks defend tag titles against LIJ (Naito and BUSHI)
Marty Scurll defends TV title against Matt Sydal
Daniels defends world title against Cody and Jay Lethal

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

every ppv is good and bonus i have a vpn now and this is gonna be live on new japan world so i can legally steal it from sinclair

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
As posted elsewhere. Seriously ROH did a murder angle and no one is talking about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHBSkkVan4

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I can't wait for ROH champion Cody

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

As posted elsewhere. Seriously ROH did a murder angle and no one is talking about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHBSkkVan4

well it's dumb and bad and not worth talking about. Also, nobody cares about Women of Honor.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

I can't wait for ROH champion Cody

Same but unironically

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

If WWE did a murder angle and it only aired on Main Event no one would give a poo poo about that either

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

If WWE did a murder angle and it only aired on Main Event no one would give a poo poo about that either

I mean, it depends who's in it.... it the fashion police are on the case, we'd be talking about it for weeks

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

triplexpac posted:

I mean, it depends who's in it.... it the fashion police are on the case, we'd be talking about it for weeks

Last I heard, the Fashion Police were looking into some cold cases, including reports that Stephanie McMahon once work a pink and brown cow print shirt.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

I was way too happy when Tanahashi came out to his old theme last night. Go Ace is the worst

Goat rear end would be a good theme for anybody else

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
The only reason I ever gave a poo poo about ROH, New Japan, is all set to break away entirely other than a share of talent

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/863201857367408640

And not a moment too loving soon

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/863242805174554629

gently caress ROH. Far more indefensible to watch than even WWE at this point.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

abraham linksys posted:

The only reason I ever gave a poo poo about ROH, New Japan, is all set to break away entirely other than a share of talent

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/863201857367408640

And not a moment too loving soon

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/863242805174554629

gently caress ROH. Far more indefensible to watch than even WWE at this point.

#1 they debuted the belt on a RoH show and if New Japan attempts to regularly tour in America they'll probably fail miserably

#2 being a right wing leaning corporation is worse than being a right wing leaning corporation that literally has a family member serving in Trump's administration and has heavily worked with him for decades

ok!

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Man how many of you folks were up on that second balcony.

I was gonna bitch a ton about the Hammerstein but I see Abraham Linksys beat me to it in the PPV thread. Was way worse than the March show I went to. I couldn't see loving poo poo for a lot of the show. Lighting rig blocked half the ring, they didn't show the PPV feed on the tron, the fans shouted at anyone who stood up for any reason, and the Hammerstein security are a bunch of narcs who wouldn't let anyone stand at the back of the venue. Terminal 5 last year was poo poo but I was able to stand by the bar all night without anyone hassling me so it was better than this.

This show was way better than last year's though. Was regretting coming early on but Ospreay vs White was fuckin crazy and all the matches with NJ guys were fun and felt a little less house show-y. I left before the main event. I think I made the right choice. I was happy to get home early. Got to do some work, pet my dog, and continue my streak of ducking out on live Cody matches.

Tanahashi split on the meet and greet early even though a whole bunch of people had already paid for his autograph. Including me. I was next in line when he ran off. He came back after people complained, and he was great and the Ace and all that. Don't blame him at all. But man, this felt like a real rinky dink operation. I'm done giving wrestling fascists money unless they bring in Hiromu or Micro Man.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

SLUM KING posted:

Tanahashi split on the meet and greet early even though a whole bunch of people had already paid for his autograph. Including me. I was next in line when he ran off. He came back after people complained, and he was great and the Ace and all that. Don't blame him at all. But man, this felt like a real rinky dink operation. I'm done giving wrestling fascists money unless they bring in Hiromu or Micro Man.

In Toronto they vastly oversold autograph tickets, so people were still waiting in line for Kenny while missing the first 2 or 3 matches.

Between that and the Jericho/Owens autograph signing I went to, I am pretty soured on pro wrestling signings. They're mismanaged cash grabs.

Edit: was that the least populated PPV thread PSP has seen in a while? I guess if TNA had show threads they would be similar

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tanahashi and Kushida come out and take pictures and sign their own poo poo after the shows if you give a minute or two after the end of the show. I'm pretty sure they pocket it all because they are cool.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

-MCMG and Jay White got a huge reaction, as expected, and had a gun match with the Rebellion. The hometown guys won. Jay White is so loving smooth in person.

Is a gun match like a really hardcore First Blood match

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I have never sat 2nd balcony before. Never have really had issues on the first, but holy moly

https://twitter.com/HulkaMatt/status/863185946807869440

https://twitter.com/HulkaMatt/status/863215142519099392

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

triplexpac posted:

In Toronto they vastly oversold autograph tickets, so people were still waiting in line for Kenny while missing the first 2 or 3 matches.

Between that and the Jericho/Owens autograph signing I went to, I am pretty soured on pro wrestling signings. They're mismanaged cash grabs.

As someone with a limited share of experience in the world of sports memorabilia I feel confident saying that all autograph signings by their very nature are mismanaged cash grabs.

And honestly, once people started agreeing to pay for the honor of someone signing their name I kind of can't blame everyone involved for seeing how far that easy as gently caress scam went.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

let's be clear: I did not pay $20 for an autograph, but to have an extremely awkward conversation with Naito and hold the IWGP Intercontinental belt :colbert:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking the customers. Especially since a lot of them are kids and my experience was as a kid. And making a kid stand in line for an hour to see his "hero" and then have that guy not even acknowledge him is a pretty lovely way to make a dollar.

But as an adult I totally get why once people realized you could just say "pay me so you can stand in line to shake hands with me or my customer and get an autograph" then the doors were wide open to see how much they could get out of that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Last year I paid $10 to hold the IWGP Jr title and this year I paid $10 to tell Tanahashi that Go Ace is #1.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Oh man I used to love Hammerstein 2nd deck; legit thought it was better than floor. I am 6 foot though. That lighting rig blows.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I once paid $25 to smell Samoa Joe.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

triplexpac posted:

Edit: was that the least populated PPV thread PSP has seen in a while? I guess if TNA had show threads they would be similar

TNA PPVs have more interest than ROH PPVs so far this year

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

STAC Goat posted:

As someone with a limited share of experience in the world of sports memorabilia I feel confident saying that all autograph signings by their very nature are mismanaged cash grabs.

And honestly, once people started agreeing to pay for the honor of someone signing their name I kind of can't blame everyone involved for seeing how far that easy as gently caress scam went.

Yeah I get the whole situation. It's just unfortunate. I have no problem paying money to meet a star I like, time is worth money. I just wish it wasn't such a poo poo show.

The Jericho/KO one I went to was particularly outrageous. The organizers somehow had zero plan for actually organizing the mass of people there, or even checking tickets. Then they proceeded to blame the Canadian fans, saying this would never happen in America.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Adam Cole showed up in IWC
https://twitter.com/IWCwrestling/status/863562400632627200
Which is a Pittsburgh Indy so he might be going through WWE medicals at this point

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Britt his girlfriend lives there.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Britt his girlfriend lives there.
Oh I know that's probably the big reason he's there, but its funny to think that anytime a Indy favorite is in Pittsburgh it means there is a good chance they are doing medicals to sign with the fed

Britt is so great for someone with 2 years wrestling experience and is a proud PSU grad.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Don't expect any Cole to WWE action for a little while longer. Despite what I tweeted tonight I don't expect him at Takeover.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

rovert posted:

Don't expect any Cole to WWE action for a little while longer. Despite what I tweeted tonight I don't expect him at Takeover.

huh, wonder if he'll be contract legal in time for TakeOver Brooklyn? would be great to see him have a debut match there, he'd be over as hell in that crowd

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Not having the PPV feed was a bunch of bullshit; I have to admit I'm one of the people who gets pissed when everybody stands up but I'm short and if you sat down maybe all of us could see that dive :mad:

SLUM KING posted:

Tanahashi lasted longer at the meet and greet than most of the other New Japan guys; EVIL, Sanada, Bushi, Kushida, and Goto had already left less than halfway through. I mean, they can do what they want but it would have been nice if they said something instead of just taking our money and sending us into an indiscriminate blob of people. I debated waiting until the show ended to see if any of them would sign afterwards, but it was already 11:30 when the main event started and I didn't really care about the title match.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Tanahashi lasted longer at the meet and greet than most of the other New Japan guys; EVIL, Sanada, Bushi, Kushida, and Goto had already left less than halfway through. I mean, they can do what they want but it would have been nice if they said something instead of just taking our money and sending us into an indiscriminate blob of people. I debated waiting until the show ended to see if any of them would sign afterwards, but it was already 11:30 when the main event started and I didn't really care about the title match.

as literally all big NYC venues do 3 minutes after a show ends, they were really forcibly ushering people out onto the sidewalk; I doubt anyone could have signed things even if they'd wanted to

I assumed the feed wasn't on the monitor because it would have created a tunneling effect, but it looks like the main hard cam was facing opposite the stage during the matches, so it just seems rude and lazy on ROH's part to not provide it to the crowd. but hey, rude and lazy defines every one of the three ROH shows I've seen live, so I'm not shocked!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

huh, wonder if he'll be contract legal in time for TakeOver Brooklyn? would be great to see him have a debut match there, he'd be over as hell in that crowd

He will and other ex-ROHers will be available to talk to WWE in a few weeks. I don't want to say more and mess things up for them but the end is in sight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HulkaMatt posted:

I have never sat 2nd balcony before. Never have really had issues on the first, but holy moly

Goddamn that is terrible

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 14, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted: