Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i just use the stuff my gf uses. because it smells nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

it's not over but Comedy Central's ratings are falling, yeah? But that might also be structural due to Netflix and so on.
it's also because viacom is doing such a terrible job at being a media conglomerate by being comically oblivious to changing trends. they took all their shows off of hulu, presumably to get people to watch it on their app and tv channel. that never works well

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probaly because its easier then dealing with bigger problems. its easy to write a article or make a video about how tits/violence on media is bad, or how you shouldnt clap your hands because its ablest or cultures learning about each other and mixing is bad because reasons.

It's because the roots of things like systemic inequality are the same systems that allow #brands to make so much money and #wokes to enjoy their incredibly comfortable lifestyles (ie. Capitalism)

Deep down they know the system is hosed up but they also understand that any change from the status quo threatens their lifestyles. Thus, their legitimate (or illegitimate because it's profitable) concern for oppressed groups is born. It isn't meant to solve any problems, it's meant to soothe the egos of those that knowingly oppress others so they can sleep at night.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

i'm sure that pear-shaped people will be ecstatic that there is now a pear-shaped bottle of soap just for them

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

it's also because viacom is doing such a terrible job at being a media conglomerate by being comically oblivious to changing trends. they took all their shows off of hulu, presumably to get people to watch it on their app and tv channel. that never works well

I think the last time MTV proper was on the cutting edge of any legitimate trends was the mid-90's. They waded into focus group hell, ditched music and just became utter trash as a result. MTV used to "make" stars over night back in the day. By 01 or so? Groups like Daft Punk blew up, had a very memorable record with MTV literally not giving two shits about them. I mean here's an act that tailored their style completely to the type of thing that channel was designed for and MTV didn't want anything to do with them.

This is what they are. Even when I was growing up in their age demo I had very little use for them. (I mean I guess Daria? Jackass?).

Comedy Central was probably...I don't know...03-04ish? I mean they tried to replace Chappelle's Show with loving "Mind of Mencia" for christ's sake.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Comedy Central was probably...I don't know...03-04ish? I mean they tried to replace Chappelle's Show with loving "Mind of Mencia" for christ's sake.
that was the era where they went all-in on "edgy" shows like Mind of Mencia and The Jeselnik Offensive, except they had none of what made the show they were trying to imitate great (in this case, Chappelle's Show). we're seeing it again now except in the other direction

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Jeselnik Offensive was really good, though I'm not sure if it was cancelled because of ratings, or Jeselnik telling CC to gently caress off with them trying to censor his jokes. I'm not sure what "good" ratings are though, it obviously wasn't as big a draw as Chapelle.

ate shit on live tv has issued a correction as of 19:42 on May 9, 2017

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I thought that shape was to make it easier to hold

What the gently caress

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Grondoth posted:

I thought that shape was to make it easier to hold

What the gently caress

I thought they were tapered to allow easy removal. That middle one is a goner

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

the only good shampoo or body wash shape is the one with the opening on the bottom

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The bottle on the left is undeniably the best shape. The one in the middle takes up more shelf space, and the one on the right is more likely to tip over

Fat rear end and big titties wins again

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

that was the era where they went all-in on "edgy" shows like Mind of Mencia and The Jeselnik Offensive, except they had none of what made the show they were trying to imitate great (in this case, Chappelle's Show). we're seeing it again now except in the other direction

They had Jon Stewart, Colbert Report be successes. They replaced them with people who are not as skilled as Jon was. Or the type of "character" that Colbert was able to play.

It's just not a very "fresh" channel. Hell, Adult Swim keeps stumbling on gold lately with it's current set up. You know where I saw the best attempt at making fun of right wing talking points lately? loving "your pretty face is going to hell's" "Hitler" ep. Something so amazingly subtle in a very dark comedy. Something that's kinda lost on a lot of comedy's now-a-days

The thing is with Stewart that is lost upon many of these people is that he never really talked "down" to people. Rather he attempted to talk "with" people, and that in itself it what's missing out of the new crop of "comedies" that are on that channel , other's now (Bee, Oliver, etc).

That btw is a major reason why the left in itself is failing right now. Gotta talk WITH people. Not down at them.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
another pizzagate?
http://aje.io/hgnn

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

oh my god

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
*to the tune of 'how deep is your love' by take that* how woke is your brand?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
dove is too woke

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

That's less the brand and more how soulless Israelis have become

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/samfbiddle/status/862358325979205633

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

The_Franz posted:

i'm sure that pear-shaped people will be ecstatic that there is now a pear-shaped bottle of soap just for them

god can you imagine getting your soap out of a bottle that didn't vaguely resemble your current body shape? it'd be as bad as segregated water fountains.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Freaking Crumbum posted:

god can you imagine getting your soap out of a bottle that didn't vaguely resemble your current body shape? it'd be as bad as segregated water fountains.

This is why I only patronize Pert Plus

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Nazis would be the first to admit the involvement of the Italians was largely a hindrance.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/MonteColeman3/status/862869408506552320

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
sharking picture

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

this is what liberals want

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

so what's the problem here? I just see a naked dude having some fun with his bros on a fishing trip.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Body by Jimmy John's

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Pick posted:

The Nazis would be the first to admit the involvement of the Italians was largely a hindrance.

:perfect:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

i'm the fat chicks that buy the one on the left cuz they in hella denial

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
they should call it the 'curvy' bottle

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/863374784851312640

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
to be fair anyone with a glue gun is more dangerous than a weeaboo with their hanzo steel

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
gonna glue ur butt shut

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Yeah right, like I'm gonna be afraid of someone with the upper body strength of me when I was 12

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

she's not wrong

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

she's not wrong

Yes she is. She's drawing a false equivalency between 2 entirely discrete and anecdotal events separated by over a year. It's bad logic 101. If you want to prove that privilege exists maybe use statistics and science. It's like looking at the thermometer between today and tomorrow to prove global warming.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I didn't click the link but she's right

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
shes sighed as she drew her katana

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Yes she is. She's drawing a false equivalency between 2 entirely discrete and anecdotal events separated by over a year. It's bad logic 101. If you want to prove that privilege exists maybe use statistics and science. It's like looking at the thermometer between today and tomorrow to prove global warming.

white fragility means that people must be praised for doing anything at all with the intention of serving as an "ally" tho no matter how asinine the argument they make or thing they do is tho so

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

an actual dog posted:

I didn't click the link but she's right

Same but she's wrong. White people are always wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
I don't know if a white dude with a sword would have gotten the same lols, but then again that same white dude absolutely could have carried a loving glue gun without having the school on lockdown so yeah she has a point

Also this isn't a #brand

1982 Subaru Brat has issued a correction as of 19:30 on May 13, 2017