Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Nina posted:

Bunnyhop talkin' about the story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehM1m5-TG5g

I actually really enjoy hearing an angle focused more on topics that don't get brought up as often in mainstream discussion about the game.
I listened to that earlier this morning but hadn't noticed the preview image was a tomato.

Big O reference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
man, machine, android, all are doomed to forever repeat our mistakes

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat Route A, and that was too hopeful. I expect much worse in the next routes.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Spoilers if you never played/read TDI's LP of Drakengard/Nier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuNFxZ_Zm0A

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Does anyone know how the regular (not pro) ps4 version runs compared to pc? My pc can handle it but it absolutely will not stop crashing to the point of unplayability so I'm debating if i should just get the ps4 version instead.

Bedlam fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 13, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bedlam posted:

Does anyone know how the regular (not pro) ps4 version runs compared to pc? My pc can handle it but it absolutely will not stop crashing to the point of unplayability so I'm debating if i should just get the ps4 version instead.

All PS4 versions are good. Performance is a bit crap near our newly formed crater on a regular PS4 but it's not unplayable. Can't speak for Pro at the crater but that's not what you asked so eh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bad Seafood posted:

I listened to that earlier this morning but hadn't noticed the preview image was a tomato.

Big O reference?

Nier Automata

Nier Automato

Nier a tomato

Near a tomato

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Nier Automata

Nier Automato

Nier a tomato

Near a tomato

That's not how you say potato

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

CJacobs posted:

Nier Automata

Nier Automato

Nier a tomato

Near a tomato
:doh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcniyQYFU6M

BECOME AS... GODS

BECOME AS... GODS

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

I'd never seen a goliath biped pull the projectile birth maneuver before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGukhMk0FuU&t=258s

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sax Solo posted:

I'd never seen a goliath biped pull the projectile birth maneuver before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGukhMk0FuU&t=258s

This cannot continue

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What the poo poo? I had no idea they had a move like that.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Are there still performance issues for the steam version?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I gotta say the 2B with the little cape would've been amazing

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

So, question. I finished A, and am now on my next playthrough. Not sure if this needs to be spoiled or not since it's more a question of mechanics, but just in case - ... does hacking get, er. Better? I kinda like the concept and the ones that hit a proper, balanced spot are fun, but most of them seem to be either incredibly easy or 'gently caress me how the gently caress do i do that' - am I missing something/is it just me?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

So, question. I finished A, and am now on my next playthrough. Not sure if this needs to be spoiled or not since it's more a question of mechanics, but just in case - ... does hacking get, er. Better? I kinda like the concept and the ones that hit a proper, balanced spot are fun, but most of them seem to be either incredibly easy or 'gently caress me how the gently caress do i do that' - am I missing something/is it just me?

You can strafe and lock on. Hacking is really easy

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I finished the whole game before trying to lock on while hacking, and never had any REAL trouble until the very end of C or D (I forget.)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

You can strafe and lock on. Hacking is really easy

You can lock on in the mini-game?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

You can lock on in the mini-game?

Yep. Same button as before.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I'm stuck just after you lose 2b and have to use a scanning pod you get in the resistance camp . Where exactly am I meant to be scanning?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

8-Bit Scholar posted:

:ughh:

I'm dumb, I did it without it THE ENTIRE GAME :downs:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

8-Bit Scholar posted:

oh my god

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Doesn't work in Hard, naturally.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

Personally, I don't find it that useful, and I didn't find it on my first playthrough either, so don't feel too bad. :shobon:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Personally, I don't find it that useful, and I didn't find it on my first playthrough either, so don't feel too bad. :shobon:

Like, I dunno, obviously I'm still going through my second playthrough for the first time. Most of them seem pretty easy (particularly with so many being the single floating around ball or something) and there are a few that are moderately hard but doable, then there's the handful that seem super difficult - but those have mostly been through hacking the gold assholes, come to think.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Macarius Wrench posted:

I'm stuck just after you lose 2b and have to use a scanning pod you get in the resistance camp . Where exactly am I meant to be scanning?

If you mean just after you lose 9S, start by scanning the flooded city.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
drat the Plato sequence is way cooler than I expected!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

8-Bit Scholar posted:

son of a bitch

I didn't even realize I could aim in the top down sections of route a until doing hacking in route b but that would've been even easier

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

It doesn't get better, but you get better at it. The instances that already feel easy will feel like complete wastes of time, but you'll be able to deal with the more intense layouts.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Finished Endings C, D, and E all in one gigantic rush this weekend after putting it down shortly after finishing B and seeing the lead-in for C (and then Persona 5 happened). I've got about 7 sidequests still to complete (because I am a bad person who is not generous to others) and haven't done the DLC, but I'm feeling a bit of Nier fatigue. It's weird how there're just some vestigial things in the game for no particular reason -- I think I fished twice? But I love it and think it's easily my favorite game of the year and I'd like to come back to it at some point. I just don't think I can run around in this world for a bit after seeing E.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Memnaelar posted:

Finished Endings C, D, and E all in one gigantic rush this weekend after putting it down shortly after finishing B and seeing the lead-in for C (and then Persona 5 happened). I've got about 7 sidequests still to complete (because I am a bad person who is not generous to others) and haven't done the DLC, but I'm feeling a bit of Nier fatigue. It's weird how there're just some vestigial things in the game for no particular reason -- I think I fished twice? But I love it and think it's easily my favorite game of the year and I'd like to come back to it at some point. I just don't think I can run around in this world for a bit after seeing E.

I also finished in a headlong rush over the weekend. I have 33 quests undone, and for maybe the first time, I am going to go ahead and play after finishing a game and clear some of them up. I'm just not ready to start something else yet.

atholbrose fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 15, 2017

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Just finished C, D, and E after 41 hours. Cool game. Did about 85% of the quests and don't really feel like playing any more. Maxed a few weapons and found all the pods.

Fun game!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

poe meater posted:

Are there still performance issues for the steam version?

They still haven't released a patch, no.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

iospace posted:

You aren't alone, buddy. I just finished ending E and came here to gush about it, and then immediately saw this.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I saw people go through the whole goddamn game not knowing they could use the right stick to aim while in shooting segments and hacking.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Idk how you could do the fighter segments without touching the right analog

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

:aaaaa:

I wish I knew this! Would have made the hacking much less obnoxious!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Tarezax posted:

I saw people go through the whole goddamn game not knowing they could use the right stick to aim while in shooting segments and hacking.

Took me awhile to figure out a couple of things that make the top-down shooting sections much easier:

You can still switch pods. The laser pod works a lot better than the bullet pod.

You can still swing your melee weapon. In fact, your melee weapon tends to make things super easy because it has a surprisingly long reach, swings in a very large arc, does much more damage than your pod fire, and destroys most enemy projectiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I did the sidequest where you help the two Resistance members escape and the ending was a thing :stonk:.