Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah I gave up on competitive because spending tons of time breeding or money to get a genning setup is not fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Hammerite posted:

They could just hand out Bottle Caps a bit more generously than they do currently, and make it possible to Hyper Train at lower levels, and it literally wouldn't matter that breeding is clunky.

Allow people to Hyper Train at level 50 but it only unlocks after you beat all of the post-game content.

Hanzo Steel
Nov 22, 2008

Hammerite posted:

They could just hand out Bottle Caps a bit more generously than they do currently, and make it possible to Hyper Train at lower levels, and it literally wouldn't matter that breeding is clunky.

Or just have IVs normal in the single player game, then automatically recalculate a pokemon's stats to be as if they had 31 IVs for Battle Spot battles. Easy, everyone can play competitive and no more pokemon incest.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
More space for nicknames. Again. I wanted to call my Porygon2 "NothingCompares2U" but that's too long by five characters.

Also I'm totally on board with doing breeding from the PC. Fuckin' moving Pokemon in and out and making party room, yeah, gently caress that.
Can you hatch Pokemon outside your party yet? I don't do poo poo with Poke Pelago. Even something such as leaving the egg with the breeders or the professor who then calls you when you've taken enough steps to hatch it would be nice. Obviously not for when you're power-breeding for good stats, etc, but during the story it might be a nice option.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Poke pelago is so slow that you'll be many generations past it whenever they hatch. It may be okay if you're overloaded on eggs that are 5iv guaranteed but then again gently caress breeding in general. What would the cheapest genning setup be, a 2ds?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Probably just bribing someone else to gen them for you

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Poke pelago is so slow that you'll be many generations past it whenever they hatch. It may be okay if you're overloaded on eggs that are 5iv guaranteed but then again gently caress breeding in general. What would the cheapest genning setup be, a 2ds?

I'd use it to dump my "leftover" eggs once I got the one I was looking for.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Poke pelago is great for ev training and hatching if you're like, not actively playing the game and checking on it once a day

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
whoa what the hot springs is for hatching eggs?

i thought it was for, you put your pokemon in and they chillax

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'm probably in the minority in that I like breeding Pokémon. There's something therapeutic about hatching eggs. But it is understandable that some people would want to skip all that if they want to get into competitive.

Although the one issue I do have is all those leftover Pokémon that are left after getting that single perfect Pokémon. Wondertrade is excellent for getting rid of them but then you're still left with boxes upon boxes of monsters that clog up the PC for the next breeding project.

The 7:1 gender ratio favoring males is a big issue in that its an unnecessary hurdle for breeding certain Pokémon. Not to mention that some Pokémon look feminine to begin with so making a perfect competitive female starter is a monumental task.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Like I enjoyed breeding for the first couple of mons and then I was bored but still had 50 more mons to Breed...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Like I enjoyed breeding for the first couple of mons and then I was bored but still had 50 more mons to Breed...

Let me tell you about breeding at least one competitive ready version of every fully evolved pokemon.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

When do we get that sweet fighting ghost? My team needs Ghostface Killah and his seven-year soul-strike

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Yeah I gave up on competitive because spending tons of time breeding or money to get a genning setup is not fun

https://www.pokemonshowdown.com

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

Ă¢Â€Â• Corey Dostoyevsky

the only way to play competitive imo

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

yes, i meant competitive on actual game, i play showdown all the time

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

whoa what the hot springs is for hatching eggs?

i thought it was for, you put your pokemon in and they chillax

It's both.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Parrotine posted:

When do we get that sweet fighting ghost? My team needs Ghostface Killah and his seven-year soul-strike

When the movie comes out in the US this autumn. Probably have to go to a store to get it, who knows?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

It's kind of weird that they only have 1 mythical Pokémon to reveal after its release. The previous generations starting with Gen 4 had 3 unrevealed Pokémon and 1 Mythical revealed before the games were released.

What are they going to do for next year or the year after?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Zuzie posted:

It's kind of weird that they only have 1 mythical Pokémon to reveal after its release. The previous generations starting with Gen 4 had 3 unrevealed Pokémon and 1 Mythical revealed before the games were released.

What are they going to do for next year or the year after?

They're going to release more mega stones.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Pokemon Stars will add one, I'll bet.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe they thought that by only having one mystical pokemon to release, it would actually be released before the next generation comes out.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Suppose you've got both a digital copy of Pokemon and now have a sun cartridge. Can you tell Pokemon bank to look at the cartridge instead of the eShop version?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Chronojam posted:

Suppose you've got both a digital copy of Pokemon and now have a sun cartridge. Can you tell Pokemon bank to look at the cartridge instead of the eShop version?

Yep.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Chronojam posted:

To expand on this, Bank will automatically look at cartridges before digital versions. Say you had a digital Sun and a physical Sun. If you want it to look at the digital one, you have to make sure that your physical Sun isn't currently inserted into the system.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No you don't, you can pick which game you're using.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Thanks. Lots of Pokemon trading in today's future with those new stones out.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
when nobody loves u

https://twitter.com/sio0x0/status/863392428551581696

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I find it bizarre that people use Garbodor and Vanalluxe as the prime examples for reasoning why Gen 5 sucks when Simisear exists.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Are there any good gen 7 draft league rules somewhere out there

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

simisear is better than the water one. but the rockabilly one rules

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oddium posted:

simisear is better than the water one. but the rockabilly one rules

Nah. The water one is actually good-ish. It doesn't hold a candle to Simisage.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Speaking of the monkeys, does anyone else thing it's a little weird that we had a whole gen 5 with deliberate parallels to the gen 1 guys like eevee/panmonkey, hitmons/hitmuppets, and audino/chansey but gen 6 didn't expand on them?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
no, because they realized that nobody wanted them

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Gen 5 had those parallels since, in their debut, what they were parallels to weren't around - B/W only had new Pokemon in its regional dex. Pretty sure 6 wasn't the same situation.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
hot monkay

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Speaking of simisage, I had no idea what that things move pool was and lost my heatran in an OU match to a superpower from one.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Just lol if you don't have a working knowledge of every single pokemon's entire movepool and relative speed tier.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
RIP Megagross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Last Celebration posted:

Speaking of the monkeys, does anyone else thing it's a little weird that we had a whole gen 5 with deliberate parallels to the gen 1 guys like eevee/panmonkey, hitmons/hitmuppets, and audino/chansey but gen 6 didn't expand on them?

Gen 6 did give Audino a Blissey