Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Anything with the word "lynch" in it just probably be avoided at all costs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

shyduck posted:

Tracy Porter agrees. :hawksin:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

Just think of how much someone has to suck to look at all of the other universities in Virginia and say, "I want to go to Liberty."
They take home schooled idiots sight unseen so that's the kind of people who want to go.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Supposedly Liberty has a decent flight program. I flew with a flight instructor from there once, she was a decent pilot but man she was unbelievably socially awkward

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

shyduck posted:

David Lynch

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

poo poo yes twin peaks soon

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Someone talk about this. Does this matter? Whose the GOP rep

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Not a fan of his but whatevs

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Waroduce posted:

Someone talk about this. Does this matter? Whose the GOP rep

Whatevs is about right. He's a National Security Republican, so you could disagree with him a lot on the usual stuff, but he very clearly gives a poo poo about defense issues in the national security realm. I'd like to think of him as a "neutral" Republican, like if you would think of your standard Republican in the 2005-2010 timeframe. I could be very wrong about that, but he's the kind of Republican that you would sort of want to be in Congress, at least for National Security issues.

But I really came here to link this article, because it has literally everything I love in a Donnie story.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/863513393675870208

- A "GOP figure close to the White House" wonders whether Trump is “in the grip of some kind of paranoid delusion”

- "Lots of internal blame for WH comms shop: "They were running around like chickens with their heads cut off.”"

- "Trump is personally conducting postmortems with some aides to investigate the unending stream of bad headlines"

- "Trump is cracking down on leaks, according to White House officials who spoke to @PhilipRucker (and leaked that)"

:fap:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

North Korea launching/firing poo poo again.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

McNally posted:

Is there anything in Lynchburg worth visiting? 'Cause goddamn, I think it might almost be worth a drive out there to troll those fucks.

Nothing that can't be acquired or observed elsewhere. There's the Civil War with a heavy leaning to the ~*Glory of the Confederahceh*~ side of things museum nearby in Appomattox, but that's it.

Richard Bong posted:

Please tell us more about the brown shirts.

E: it's crazy to me that they actually try and give you demerits or something in town.

not caring here posted:

Telling someone you don't know who they are to produce ID so they can ruin your academic life sounds like a good way to get beaten purple and stuffed in a storm drain.

For a minute I thought I was going to be mugged going by the dude's body language but then LIBERTY MORAL ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, GIVE ME YOUR STUDENT ID!! and I'm all "gently caress you say?"

Pretty sure that reply short circuited his brain.

I've never heard of someone actually attacking them though. I suspect if someone did it'd get all Waco real quick. There's also the kind of person that Liberty attracts to consider as well. But yeah there's folks who have the job to ensure the students are adhering to the ~*values and virtues*~ of the school even off campus. poo poo like seeing an R rated movie = demerits, etc.

psydude posted:

Just think of how much someone has to suck to look at all of the other universities in Virginia and say, "I want to go to Liberty."

Yeah they're usually locals from nearby counties. The folks I knew that went there were all crazy eyed before, now they're that creepy dead crazy eyed, all glazed over and fake smiles that bear way too many teeth. For a while I dated somebody before they enrolled and they would quietly sing hymns to themselves after we fooled around so yeah, Stable As gently caress. Same person later conned myself and a mutual friend into Liberty's "Scared straight!!!... TO JAYSUS!" haunted maze bullshit. Lotta familial pressure in those kids, full on "if you venture past the county line you're kin no longer!!" and "I built you a house behind mine now make with the grandchildren no you don't get a say in this I'm your father" poo poo. Kinds of families with five, maybe six generations under one roof and always pridefully talk how it's a good thing that nobody has left in a century.

shame on an IGA posted:

I stopped to eat in Lynchburg once passing through it's some creepy poo poo. Even Bob Jones is better simply by virtue of being in Greenville.

Accurate. Also they got rid of the Sonic's and put yet another loving car wash in its place :argh: The last time I was in Lynchburg I got home just as the sun was going down and there were dogs in the street and a shitload of cars at one of the five churches in town. None of the street lights were on, none of the lights in the houses were on either, but the church sure was lit up and the marquee outside read "God loves you whether you like it or not!"

Basically southern Virginia is Carcosa is what I'm getting at. :v:

Chichevache posted:

Tracy Porter agrees. :hawksin:

:thurman:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

loving lol not even military academies are that strict

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

LIBERTY MORAL ENFORCEMENT OFFICER

That's some loving The Handmaid's Tale poo poo :stare:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It's even funnier how loving rabid religious conservatives are about how evil muslims are, and yet here we are, the pot calling the kettle black.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mike-o posted:

It's even funnier how loving rabid religious conservatives are about how evil muslims are, and yet here we are, the pot calling the kettle black.

They don't think they're evil because they're fanatics, they think they're evil because they're fanatics about the wrong thing.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Some idiot from my idiot high school wanted to be a biological engineer but didn't believe in evolution, so he went to Liberty University. He was a weird gently caress who dropped off all social media years ago so unfortunately I can't see how his life plan collapsed immediately and he had to enlist as infantry.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mike-o posted:

Pretty much, yeah.

Softface posted:

Some idiot from my idiot high school wanted to be a biological engineer but didn't believe in evolution, so he went to Liberty University. He was a weird gently caress who dropped off all social media years ago so unfortunately I can't see how his life plan collapsed immediately and he had to enlist as infantry.

Sounds right. I know it's lovely to assume somebody ended up X way because they went to Y school, but all the Liberty graduates I know are complete dumpster fires. Like full on living in Squalor Holler with four kids, a fifth on the way, and wanting to move into the hills away from society with no contact with the outside and no indoor plumbing and poo poo.

I mean drat I may have hosed my life up flatter than hammered poo poo but I'm not yearning for the heady joys of gravity toilets and raising half a dozen children while working three minimum wage jobs.

Course the only reason this person is married is because her then boyfriend got her pregnant and if they didn't get hitched her dad would've full on murdered him and gotten away with it clean on account of "The brown impregnated my pure nubile white daughter and I, a certified Good 'ol Boy, am fulfilling my duty!". Being related to the sheriff is just a bonus. Her parents met when her dad was doing community service for stealing an air conditioner and saw her on the side of the road playing with dolls and was all nice. :banjo:

This is the kind of region where people can't have anyone else bad mouth it, swear up and down its great, but then in the next breath pray that their kids never return leaving you to wonder if it's because they know deep down there's nothing for them here or because it'd interfere with their day drinking. Heavy Trump country too when shitloads of people are alive because of the ACA. Same people that burn down five cigarettes in an hour while telling you about their adventures with cancer.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Her parents met when her dad was doing community service for stealing an air conditioner and saw her on the side of the road playing with dolls and was all nice.

:allbuttons:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I say it's high time we finally ratified the Corwin amendment in the age of Trump. States rights!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mike-o posted:

Liberty University would gladly execute something like that.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

CommieGIR posted:

Liberty University would gladly execute something like that.

can you lay out a detail example for the class?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

SwampDonkey posted:

Do I really need to lay out why Jerry Falwell and Liberty University would cackle with glee at the suppression of women's rights? Do I?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SwampDonkey posted:

Margaret Atwood laid out a detailed example called A Handmaiden's Tail. If you are allergic to reading amazon is producing a miniseries of it.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

If you're in a typing mood sweetie.

Please do.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

hobbesmaster posted:

Margaret Atwood laid out a detailed example called A Handmaiden's Tail. If you are allergic to reading amazon is producing a miniseries of it.

edit:

SwampDonkey fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 14, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Why are defending Liberty University? I'm cool with most other conservative religious universities (I mean they rank just above ITT tech in a throw resume in the trash sense), but gently caress Jerry Falwell

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Having people run around in the city looking for college age people swearing to get them in trouble is some nazi poo poo.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ded posted:

Having people run around in the city looking for college age people swearing to get them in trouble is some nazi poo poo.

Nazi, christian fundamentalist, potayto, potahto.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I once bumped into Jerry in town. He stumbled into a Subway with a woman on each arm and smelt faintly of bad cheese.

Unrelated although only partly because lol Appalachia's opiate problem is a nightmare and lol Vice and all, but holy gently caress:

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/medical-doctor-tom-price-recommends-god-as-the-solution-to-the-opioid-crisis

A massive idiot posted:

Asked about drug treatment options, Price touted faith-based programs while showing less support for medication-assisted programs in which addicts are weaned off heroin with other opioids like Suboxone and methadone.

"If we're just substituting one opioid for another, we're not moving the dial much," he said. "Folks need to be cured so they can be productive members of society and realize their dreams."

:cripes:

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

psydude posted:

Why are defending Liberty University? I'm cool with most other conservative religious universities (I mean they rank just above ITT tech in a throw resume in the trash sense), but gently caress Jerry Falwell

:lol:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well, religion is the opioid of the masses.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

I once bumped into Jerry in town. He stumbled into a Subway with a woman on each arm and smelt faintly of bad cheese.

Unrelated although only partly because lol Appalachia's opiate problem is a nightmare and lol Vice and all, but holy gently caress:

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/medical-doctor-tom-price-recommends-god-as-the-solution-to-the-opioid-crisis

:cripes:
The replacing one drug with another is something I've been saying for years and not in a positive way. Should have asked him how he feels about Narcanon.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

SwampDonkey posted:

SwampDonkey posted:

If you're in a typing mood sweetie.

Please do.

Shut the gently caress up retard :frogout:

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

Mike-o posted:

Shut the gently caress up retard :frogout:

hahaha go play in the cop thread

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:lol: you're paying back loans to Liberty aren't you?

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

:discourse: :lol:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

SwampDonkey posted:

lol what

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

SwampDonkey posted:

:getout:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/has-a-sealed-indictment-been-issued-against-president-trump/

:catstare: :stare: :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Please oh please oh please oh pleaseeeeeeeeee

• Locked thread