Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Colonel posted:

why of all things is this your requirement
I have this hunch that it would fit in nicely with this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Grouchio posted:

if Altair doesn't turn out to have a thing for Souta, I will be pissed.

het so its trash op

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

DisDisDis posted:

het so its trash op

I know it's rare but some het ships are okay

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nobunaga no Shinobi kinda racist this week

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The foreigner tourist character is one of my favorite stock types because of the weird japanese pronunciation.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

What, did Yasuke show up?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

What, did Yasuke show up?

Luis Frois

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I hope to one day learn the actual history of the Sengoku period so that I can compare it to the dozen anime versions I have experienced.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Inuyasha is a 100% legit re-telling of the sengoku period

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just play Samurai Warriors 4.

Alternatively Sengoku Basara.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rear end in a top hat warlords wanted more land. some of them wanted all of the land. so they engaged in pointless, petty wars until one of them came out on top. a couple hundred years later they have all been whitewashed into virtuous, heroic ancestors. it's not exactly an unusual situation.

i like the sengoku basara version better.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The point was to unify the country you dang idjit!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Pointful war to unify the japanese mainland.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

rear end in a top hat warlords wanted more land. some of them wanted all of the land. so they engaged in pointless, petty wars until one of them came out on top. a couple hundred years later they have all been whitewashed into virtuous, heroic ancestors. it's not exactly an unusual situation.

i like the sengoku basara version better.

Don't most media treat the three unifiers as total dicks? After the Meiji Restoration, the Tokugawa shogunate was not remembered fondly.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
We were due for a bad season. Is this it?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

There's no bad seasons only bad people

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Don't most media treat the three unifiers as total dicks? After the Meiji Restoration, the Tokugawa shogunate was not remembered fondly.

Depends entirely on the writer of the story. I've seen Oda Nobunaga portrayals running the entire spectrum from altruistic super-patriot unifying a shattered nation to literal demon. Ieyasu Tokugawa has been both a shrewd mastermind and a hapless buffoon based on the particular narrative.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Agronox posted:

i like mha s2

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i haven't watched re:creators episode 5 yet to judge if there's less talking but mha s2 has been fun enough that i accept this season

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

Depends entirely on the writer of the story. I've seen Oda Nobunaga portrayals running the entire spectrum from altruistic super-patriot unifying a shattered nation to literal demon. Ieyasu Tokugawa has been both a shrewd mastermind and a hapless buffoon based on the particular narrative.

Right, but I've never seen them portrayed without at least some acknowledgement of the horrific poo poo they got up to, even if it's framed as 'hard men making hard decisions'. Even Nobunaga the Fool, which framed him as a fairly conventional shonen hero, had him do some pretty bizarre and reprehensible things.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Agronox posted:

Eccentric Family 2 is very good.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Eccentric Family 2 is very good.

LWA and Bahamut are also hella charming.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Bahamut is great and ep. 6 has the best anime date

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
There are no "bad seasons", just seasons with fewer shows worth watching. I would say this season qualifies, but there's still a handful of neat shows here.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

This season feels worse than it is because amazon sucked up the good shows.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
I'm watching: Bahamut, AoT, LWA, Re:Creators, MHA, Sakura Quest. And I would probably like Eccentric Family but I haven't watched the first season.

6 good-to-great shows are enough for me to consider a season pretty drat decent

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Bahamut, Natsume, and Eccentric Family are all great, but they're also all sequels. It kind of makes the season feel lackluster when there's no great new series.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Bahamut, Natsume, and Eccentric Family are all great, but they're also all sequels. It kind of makes the season feel lackluster when there's no great new series.

I've heard good things about Tsuki ga Kirei and Sakura Quest, at least.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goddamnit, Re-Creators needs to decide if it's going to be good or bad. This flip-flopping is driving me crazy

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This episode they introduced a character who knows what to do when Meteora starts talking

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

an actual dog posted:

This season feels worse than it is because amazon sucked up the good shows.

And potential great show of the season ID0 has vanished into netflix, so yeah.

Also remember that we're comparing this season to last season, which was honestly incredible.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this season sucks, last season sucks, next season is gonna suck. everything sucks

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Davincie posted:

this season sucks, last season sucks, next season is gonna suck. everything sucks

Gonzo still lives?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Next season is gonna own so hard.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Davincie posted:

Owarimonogatari, Symphogear, Miss Black General, and Maidragon OVA by themselves will be enough to make that a great season

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Gonzo still lives?

they never actually died

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

they never actually died

Evidently, yes.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I didn't even notice the new Teekyu in there. :yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Owarimonogatari, Symphogear, Miss Black General, and Maidragon OVA by themselves will be enough to make that a great season

I don't care about the first one, but those other 3 are definitely good ones. There are a few I didn't realize were getting animes as well, like Kakegurui and Hajimete no Gal.

• Locked thread