Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Or lap 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

There's no way his car makes it to race end.

C'mon, fam. :(

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hey I'd like for Honda to not gently caress a race up for Nando for once too. But I'm a realist.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Norns posted:

There's no way his car makes it to race end.

There's no way he'll complete the formation lap.

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

Dubs posted:

mclaren tag should be an australian flag in honor of ourbruce

Honest mistake or taking the piss? Cause Bruce was a Kiwi.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe not this one, but his car will definitely make it to the end of the next race.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Alonso's lap has more views that hammy's pole lap. The way it should be. :colbert:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The McLaren no longer sounds like it is dying on downshifts in that video as it did a few weeks ago

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

its still pretty bad, they definitely are spacing out the shifts to go easy on the engine and there was a few times it sounded like it dropped below the powerband. Its frustrating as gently caress to think where he would've qualified if that engine wasn't a heap.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's amazing how Honda can go from blowing up to completing a whole test without realising anything has changed, cook another engine in a free practise and then the next one they put in gets Nando to 7th. At least if they were consistently poo poo it would be understandable - they must be on full "throw poo poo at wall" mode.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 13, 2017

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Norns posted:

I want a Fernando Alonso kart

https://m.imgur.com/a/T81bY

Is that what this is? Or is it just a kart painted in his colours?
My older brother bought one for his daughter, that's her there. She's 7 years old. :3

Also; Alonso's MCLRN sounds like it's an old Combi van when it rattles over bumps. The engineers might need to tighten the screws in the dashboard or something.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

mrfart posted:

They secretly swapped the honda engine with one from a tuned seat ibiza they found in the parking lot.

I enjoyed this post

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That's an Alonso Kart ya. Although like you say it's just a paint scheme and sticker kit on a Tonykart

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

That's an Alonso Kart ya. Although like you say it's just a paint scheme and sticker kit on a Tonykart

Sure, yeah, let's just strap a small child into a racing machine built by Tony Montana.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Kart is as fragile as his mind

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

:vince:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

its still pretty bad, they definitely are spacing out the shifts to go easy on the engine and there was a few times it sounded like it dropped below the powerband. Its frustrating as gently caress to think where he would've qualified if that engine wasn't a heap.

I swear, other drivers in the top cars on the grid must be thanking their lucky stars Alonso is stuck in the broken McLaren Honda. He'd be crushing everyone in a reasonably capable car.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Nando should cheer up, could be worse...

http://i.imgur.com/6t5Pc0t.gifv

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

GramCracker posted:

My browser freezes when I try to log into GP Predictor so my poo poo has been borked since the first race. Otherwise I'd be kicking everyone's rear end :colbert:

poo poo is broken in webkit browsers including chrome.
Try edge.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Deepfried posted:

Honest mistake or taking the piss? Cause Bruce was a Kiwi.

It's what Bruce would've wanted :australia:

Basticle posted:

Holy poo poo :stare:

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Tony karts are Italain and super popular. I even let English drive them if they pay enough

We are on for a cracking race tonight lads.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Basticle posted:

I told you never to come back here, Mike!

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Oh yeah in case anyonr missed it Bruce McLaren was from New Zealand. Which is pretty much Australia. Have the Americans built anything of thier own they can worship?

Haas use the same brakes as the rest if the feild but cant make them work because lol Haas imperial measurements who loving cares

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Man natalie pinkham has been hitting the gym she looked pretty drat fantastic in last nights broadcast. I saw a pair of amazing legs across the pits and as I was recovering I realised it was her.

She is married to a rich media tycoon. Figures

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6u840Kh5os

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

OhsH posted:

Lmao

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony Montana posted:

Oh yeah in case anyonr missed it Bruce McLaren was from New Zealand. Which is pretty much Australia. Have the Americans built anything of thier own they can worship?

Haas use the same brakes as the rest if the feild but cant make them work because lol Haas imperial measurements who loving cares

Have you heard of the Moon?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tony Montana posted:

Man natalie pinkham has been hitting the gym she looked pretty drat fantastic in last nights broadcast. I saw a pair of amazing legs across the pits and as I was recovering I realised it was her.

She is married to a rich media tycoon. Figures

P
L
z
Control

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He's not joking. The chassis last about a year and turn to garbage​ and get all bent up.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I really don't like how how many people in this thread know actual things about racing and cars.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Don't forget that us Australian's claim anything good from New Zealand... so Bruce is certainly an Aussie! :australia:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What's Australia's best thing? Hugh Jackman?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Saying "Maybe the Dingo ate your baby"

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

wicka posted:

Yahoo Serious

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Have you heard of the Moon?

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/oct/01/news/mn-17288

NASA lost its $125-million Mars Climate Orbiter because spacecraft engineers failed to convert from English to metric measurements when exchanging vital data before the craft was launched, space agency officials said Thursday.

A navigation team at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory used the metric system of millimeters and meters in its calculations, while Lockheed Martin Astronautics in Denver, which designed and built the spacecraft, provided crucial acceleration data in the English system of inches, feet and pounds.

NASA, Haas, whoever. Sick of saying it.

DoctorGonzo posted:

P
L
z
Control

S'all good man. Nothing wrong with saying someone is looking fantastic. Just dont make it creepy by being a huge nerd

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

wicka posted:

WiFi? you can Shitpost without cables.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Clearly it's Vegemite and Shoey's!

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

He's not joking. The chassis last about a year and turn to garbage​ and get all bent up.

Hence me buying used am29 birels and not thinking about new chassis ever.

Teammate of mine flipped an arrow, or a comet eagle, i think theyre just rebrands, at 50 mph thru a hay bale and kart was perfectly fine, although he broke his hand.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Real talk I loved Yahoo Serious when I was like 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
God don't start doing this.

Sir Marcus Laurence Elwin "Mark" Oliphant AC KBE FRS FAA was an Australian physicist and humanitarian who played an important role in the first experimental demonstration of nuclear fusion and also the development of nuclear weapons

2011 Nobel Prize in Physics
Professor Brian Schmidt AC FAA FRS along with two American researchers, Professor Saul Perlmutter and Adam Riess, won the prize for their discovery that the expansion of the Universe is accelerating.

2009 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
Professors Elizabeth Blackburn AC FAA FRS, with Professors Carol Greider and Jack Szostak 'for the discovery of how chromosomes are protected by telomeres and the enzyme telomerase’.

2005 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
Professor Barry James Marshall AC FAA FRS and Dr Robin Warren AC FAA 'for their discovery of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori and its role in gastritis and peptic ulcer disease'.

Yes we are a grown up country too. This goes on and on

More to the point we compete in F1! Our greatest achievement?

• Locked thread