Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

They make good pirogi.

Dang. Wanna eat some pirogi and watch wrestling.

Also it is weird to me to see indie shows like that. Even MCW here manages to have bigger crowds. But I suppose maybe there is more to do in Enfield, CT than in Joppa, MD. Maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Dang. Wanna eat some pirogi and watch wrestling.

Also it is weird to me to see indie shows like that. Even MCW here manages to have bigger crowds. But I suppose maybe there is more to do in Enfield, CT than in Joppa, MD. Maybe?

Sometimes the issue is having a venue that can host a decent sized crowd. We have an indy that runs here regularly, but there's only a few places they can run and they're all about 300 or 400 person max capacity. They could probably pack in 500-600, maybe even 700 people based on interest (every sold has shown out and had people turned away trying to buy admission at the door). But the only venue in Thunder Bay that could host a larger crowd are too big, as our Community Auditorium can pack in a bit over 1500, and is largely for bands and orchestras and our hockey arena, The Gardens, seats a little under 5,000. A wrestling promoter ran a show in the Gardens with Terry Funk, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Vampiro, Honky Tonk Man, and Hannibal. I think he drew about 1000 people? Which is a good crowd for an indy....but not good given what he probably paid to rent the Gardens for the evening.

If we had a venue that could seat about 1100 people, that'd be perfect, especially if it were capable of hosting both bands and stuff like wrestling.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 9, 2017

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Of the ones I've seen mentioned I'd put Travis Banks above the rest. He's the finished article. Top prospects I'd say Marius Al-Ani and TK Cooper.

I just can't see Brookes and Webster getting signed. They're both good wrestlers, and very smart and inventive about the business, but they really have genetics against them. Brookes is like 6' 4, but he's rail thin. Webster is announced at 160 lbs, and that's with not being in great shape...

Jurn Simmons is an interesting case. He's a giant in indie terms, but wouldn't stand out at all in WWE. He doesn't have a great body and his wrestling is fairly average. Of the WXW lads I'd certainly pick Marius over him.

Yeah, the only reason I didn't mention Banks and Cooper by name is that they already worked those Axxess shows, so they've presumably been on WWE's radar.

And one of the reasons I really love the U.K. scene is because of all of the varied body types. You get big lads like Mastiff and WALTER and lanky giants like Brookes and Eddie Dennis amongst the smaller cruiserweight guys. I wouldn't have been worried about WWE signing them, but then we got Owens, Killian Dain and Heavy Machinery.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sometimes the issue is having a venue that can host a decent sized crowd. We have an indy that runs here regularly, but there's only a few places they can run and they're all about 300 or 400 person max capacity. They could probably pack in 500-600, maybe even 700 people based on interest (every sold has shown out and had people turned away trying to buy admission at the door). But the only venue in Thunder Bay that could host a larger crowd are too big, as our Community Auditorium can pack in a bit over 1500, and is largely for bands and orchestras and our hockey arena, The Gardens, seats a little under 5,000. A wrestling promoter ran a show in the Gardens with Terry Funk, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Vampiro, Honky Tonk Man, and Hannibal. I think he drew about 1000 people? Which is a good crowd for an indy....but not good given what he probably paid to rent the Gardens for the evening.

If we had a venue that could seat about 1100 people, that'd be perfect, especially if it were capable of hosting both bands and stuff like wrestling.

Yeah that makes sense, the "MCW Arena" (big empty room in a flea market) holds about 1000 and they've been sold out or close to it at every show I've been to. They could probably get 1400 for a big show if they had the space. And their next show has Jack Swagger so hopefully they find that space!

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Lumbermouth posted:

And one of the reasons I really love the U.K. scene is because of all of the varied body types. You get big lads like Mastiff and WALTER and lanky giants like Brookes and Eddie Dennis amongst the smaller cruiserweight guys. I wouldn't have been worried about WWE signing them, but then we got Owens, Killian Dain and Heavy Machinery.

There's a major difference between being a big tough looking bastard who doesn't look like a body builder and being a skinny dweeb, no offence intended.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

every sold has shown out

Dave Meltzer, is that you?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Book the Sandwich Squad for that Deli show

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Also, he's Nixon Newell's boyfriend and she starting in NXT in a few weeks.

Well yes but posting about that is kind of weird and creepy so I didn't want to bring it up?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its pretty normal actually

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Skarsnik posted:

Well yes but posting about that is kind of weird and creepy so I didn't want to bring it up?

um

"two people are dating and that might affect their lives" isn't weird or creepy. it'd be weird and creepy to post indepth details about their relationship or other dirt about it, but the basic fact is not creepy unless the only reason Rudo knew is because he hacked their phones or something.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

It's normal to date ladies!!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Yeah I'm not having this conversation any more. If you cant see the difference between wrestlers public lives and private lives, and which of those it's acceptable to post about, then you really are a bunch of creeps

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

celebrities aren't people mate

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm creep

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Super No Vacancy posted:

Nixon Newell(pink) is dating Travis Banks(ochre) is a totally normal thing to say.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

Yeah I'm not having this conversation any more. If you cant see the difference between wrestlers public lives and private lives, and which of those it's acceptable to post about, then you really are a bunch of creeps

Holy loly, bud. The conversation is surrounding how long this dude has left on his visa, which is most certainly a massive part of his private life. Saying "he has multiple reasons to consider pursuing employment" isn't creepy in the fuckin' slightest.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rude Boy Riley's name popped up today. Supposedly he was booked in a match?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

Rude Boy Riley's name popped up today. Supposedly he was booked in a match?

people kept saying this but nobody ever named a promotion he was working for so i wouldn't worry about it (yet)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

Especially so in the UK scene where the line between wrestlers and fans is kinda non-existent.

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012

oatgan posted:

people kept saying this but nobody ever named a promotion he was working for so i wouldn't worry about it (yet)

The whole thing in question was taken out of context; he had worked a show like the week prior to his arrest. Him being on the show was brought up, but it seems people thought it was after the arrest.

Rude Boy Riley also keeps getting brought up because there's a sleazy story going around the NYC scene about how referee Kris Levin is still quietly defending him and hanging out with him, including bringing a young fan that had just turned 18 over to Riley's house. Whole thing didn't even phase me until I'd heard that the fan may possibly be on the spectrum, and the kid's mother had repeatedly asked that they not go over to his house for obvious reasons. Whole thing is super sketchy, and I'm not sure why anyone would still want to associate themselves with the guy, but at least it's not going unnoticed.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

BaldipISW posted:

The whole thing in question was taken out of context; he had worked a show like the week prior to his arrest. Him being on the show was brought up, but it seems people thought it was after the arrest.

Rude Boy Riley also keeps getting brought up because there's a sleazy story going around the NYC scene about how referee Kris Levin is still quietly defending him and hanging out with him, including bringing a young fan that had just turned 18 over to Riley's house. Whole thing didn't even phase me until I'd heard that the fan may possibly be on the spectrum, and the kid's mother had repeatedly asked that they not go over to his house for obvious reasons. Whole thing is super sketchy, and I'm not sure why anyone would still want to associate themselves with the guy, but at least it's not going unnoticed.

So he brought an average wrestling fan over to his house?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that burn definitely justified the reach, well done

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

LDN wrestling are doing a tv taping (I'm assuming for a pilot) for Sky in Herne Bay of all places on the 26th.

That's a strange choice for somewhere to tape a show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
im dating

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Skinty McEdger posted:

LDN wrestling are doing a tv taping (I'm assuming for a pilot) for Sky in Herne Bay of all places on the 26th.

That's a strange choice for somewhere to tape a show.

maybe they're banking on obscure Dr. Who trivia to draw?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOYRQhaurio

great show

5/25 in Berwyn
Jack Swagger vs. Michael Elgin
Keith Lee vs. Donovan Dijak
Shane Strickland vs. Lio Rush
Trevor Lee vs. Colt Cabana
Team Tremendous vs. OI4K (although Dave may still be hurt)
Sami Callihan
Laredo Kid (debut)
Joey Janela
Davey Vega
Aeroboy
Myron Reed
Alex Daniels

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I mean, I'm more interested in Broken Chris Renfrew than I ever was in "still trying to make The New Age Kliq a thing" Chris Renfrew.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren: oh poo poo :siren:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Should be interesting if they both show up

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RefTolleWWNLive/status/863416969093148674

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/rextycoon/status/863549924138524673 https://twitter.com/IWCwrestling/status/863562400632627200

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wrong thread

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/combatzone/status/863578436710825985

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
How's "Wild Kat Sports" wrestling? A friend wants to do the for the start of his bachelor party. The poster seems like its "Hey we have Stevey Richards and you can pretend it's ECW"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Quid posted:

How's "Wild Kat Sports" wrestling? A friend wants to do the for the start of his bachelor party. The poster seems like its "Hey we have Stevey Richards and you can pretend it's ECW"

http://www.wildkatwrestling.com/roster-2/

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

5/25 in Berwyn
Jack Swagger vs. Michael Elgin
Keith Lee vs. Donovan Dijak
Shane Strickland vs. Lio Rush
Trevor Lee vs. Colt Cabana
Team Tremendous vs. OI4K (although Dave may still be hurt)
Sami Callihan
Laredo Kid (debut)
Joey Janela
Davey Vega
Aeroboy
Myron Reed
Alex Daniels

dave crist is still hurt soooooo

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/864255680911474689

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/864295724644786176

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
This will also be a change that no one sees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

I am extremely here for the Besties breakup angle after getting my Kong/Krane tag team champs angle delayed.