Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

My only two decent reds are Roy and Ryoma, neither of which can really stand up to being hit by these Camillas. I don't have any good red wizards.

Both Ryoma and Roy will destroy those Camillas. Roy even has triangle adept!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Andrast posted:

Both Ryoma and Roy will destroy those Camillas. Roy even has triangle adept!

He gets one shot. It's almost impossible to get one in range where it can't hit him first.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Are you sure your Roy isn't like level 5

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

100% certain. It's just an endless wave of horrifyingly bullshit Camillas.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

A -RES Roy without Triangle Adept would require Bunilla to have an ATK of 86 to one shot Roy

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Even with maximum buffs I don't think Spring Camilla can actually one-shot Roy so I don't know what's going on on your side.

Anyway the way the gauntlet generates both teams you're gonna run into unfavorable matchups here and there so just tough it out I guess

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Andrast posted:

A -RES Roy without Triangle Adept would require Bunilla to have an ATK of 86 to one shot Roy

My best guess at this point is that Nuebot pissed off some kind of vengeful wizard with very specific gaming related limitations.

Or possibly a mummy.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Nuebot posted:

He gets one shot. It's almost impossible to get one in range where it can't hit him first.

I did this to my BCamilla and yeah, she tears through everything as long as I don't let her get facetanked

My go-to team of her, +atk rein with deathblow, 5* xander, and WoM Azura is pretty funny

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

My horsey team with barblade Ursula though...she hits reds for around 70-80x2

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

GBS Ambassador posted:

Fury or L&D is probably Linde's best A skill. Deathblow is best on a +spd Linde.

Much appreciated thanks! Think I'll give the fury build a whirl then to take full advantage of desperation.

And for some reason I keep going up against tons and tons of reds while getting tons and tons of greens and using my Hector. Thanks game it sure is fun not to be able to damage the opposing team at all. Think I'll have to switch over to linde now that I've got her leveled above 35.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I like having Kagero because it means when Flora comes out I can give her a Poison Dagger+.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Rascyc posted:

As long as you pick an unpopular loser such that you get top 10k or so with minimal flags.

For example I'm rank 6500 on Merric after 200 flags during a bonus phase. Going any further would probably take another 200-400 but you're better off conserving for the final day.

Keep in mind this probably only gets you like ... an extra 1-2k of feathers, maybe 3k depending on how this bonus phase crap works out for the total rank at the end and if your unpopular loser team like actually wins at some point. That's compared to just picking the person who wins every single round and minimal flags to get some OKAY rank.

I think the best tactic is actually to spend heavily on the first two rounds, rankings in the finals are worth more but are also much more competitive since everyone is looking to dump their flags.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

akulanization posted:

I think the best tactic is actually to spend heavily on the first two rounds, rankings in the finals are worth more but are also much more competitive since everyone is looking to dump their flags.

I don't think you need to spend that much. I've spent 400 flags and I'm still in the top 5k on team Tharja.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Merrics is surprisingly competitive. I was at 250 and ranked 8.5k this morning. I tossed in another 100 just to be safe and it only took me to 7.5k.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
600 million is not "same", game

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Even with maximum buffs I don't think Spring Camilla can actually one-shot Roy so I don't know what's going on on your side.

Anyway the way the gauntlet generates both teams you're gonna run into unfavorable matchups here and there so just tough it out I guess

It can be educational, though. Turns out Hectors are surprisingly adept at removing Ryomas, for example!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Andrast posted:

I don't think you need to spend that much. I've spent 400 flags and I'm still in the top 5k on team Tharja.

Were all 400 of those when she was losing? I've only managed to catch it once when she was losing and spent 200 there, and I've spent 200 normally and now I'm rank 14k with a score of 114,130

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Were all 400 of those when she was losing? I've only managed to catch it once when she was losing and spent 200 there, and I've spent 200 normally and now I'm rank 14k with a score of 114,130

I think so? It might have also been 500 flags instead of 400.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I've risen my Anna to 5*, because I mostly am pretty causal about this game and she is kicking rear end -- also because a speedy axe user is pretty much what I needed in the wake of Ike, the Ikening in my party. She's pretty badass. I'm also pondering to grab Sharena to 5* when the time is right and I have a bigger buffer of feathers.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

My best guess at this point is that Nuebot pissed off some kind of vengeful wizard with very specific gaming related limitations.

Or possibly a mummy.

You leave my desecration of wizard graves out of this.

I've started bringing Ryoma instead though. He sometimes kills them with vantage. Roy is no longer my boy. :negative:

EDIT: Okay I'm considering the wizard curse thing now. That's the third in a row match where the random assigned member of my party was a completely poo poo kagero that died instantly from being looked at by any other unit on the field.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 13, 2017

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: Okay I'm considering the wizard curse thing now. That's the third in a row match where the random assigned member of my party was a completely poo poo kagero that died instantly from being looked at by any other unit on the field.

Is the Kagero from your friends list? If so, you can always delete them if it's a problem. But the voting gauntlet doesn't penalize you for having 1 or 2 characters die, so you can always make useless characters bait and tank hits you don't want to take on your more helpful characters.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The allies I've been getting are Hector, Michaelis, Kagero, Ike, Spring Lucina, Julia, Azura, and another Tharja. The spring Lucina has been underwhelming but all the rest have been doing work. The only battle I lost was when I had triple red against triple blue.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Kagero is cool and good and one shots a significant percentage of the roster.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Elyv posted:

Kagero is cool and good and one shots a significant percentage of the roster.

I'm assuming when he said poo poo kagero, it wasn't a maxed out one

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Trihugger posted:

Is the Kagero from your friends list? If so, you can always delete them if it's a problem. But the voting gauntlet doesn't penalize you for having 1 or 2 characters die, so you can always make useless characters bait and tank hits you don't want to take on your more helpful characters.

There's someone on my friends list with a mid-level Sophia that keeps showing up in my matches. I'm too lazy to go find and delete them. She serves exactly this purpose.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

My triangle adept +atk Sophia is great at murdering all these Julias so I hope no one deletes me over her

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Trihugger posted:

Nah, it's usually a rando. My friends list is full of lucinas, Azuras and Effies.

Tae posted:

I'm assuming when he said poo poo kagero, it wasn't a maxed out one

They're all level 40 with no good skills. Or maybe the game is spitefully matching me with the same guy I keep rejecting over and over.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

a level 40 gold Kagero with default skills still one shots a ton of poo poo

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I've been trying to give people my +ATK Death Blow Rein, 5* Xander, and a Gronned up BCamilla. I hope they appreciate it

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I regret not rolling for a Camilla on that easter banner.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I regret not rolling for a Camilla on that easter banner.

What does it matter, you'd just get a - Atk one like me

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
I'm wondering what to do with my feathers when this is over. I've got Reinhardt and Xander ready for the 5* treatment, in addition to fcorrin, sharena, nino and a bunch of other usual suspects. I've also got a couple of 3* Florinas I'd like to upgrade for darting blow and/or back alley cleric skill inheritance. I've got three freakin' 3* Pallas for moonbow.

... This won't even be done by the next gauntlet, will it?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Why do you want to 5 star Frobin?

Also yes, there are always more projects.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm either gonna 5* my Catria, whos pretty much my best spear user, or spend the feathers 4 starring some skill fodder to make Oboro viable. I already got her to 12,000 SP during the double sp event.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Elyv posted:

Why do you want to 5 star Frobin?

Also yes, there are always more projects.

Fcorrin, the shoeless dragon lady, not Frobin, the clueless book lady.

The Julia I've got is +spd, and I'm thinking of giving her darting blow. Is 36-37 spd in the terrifying range, or am I better off putting something else in her A slot?

I pulled an Alm off the fmage banner, and he seems pretty decent. Windsweep seems to be a pretty meh skill though, is it worth mulching a 4* Abel for swordbreaker?

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies

Parasol Prophet posted:

Welp looks like I need a couple of Boeys to mulch into Gronnrobin and see what that does.

As a side note, I've just realized that even I don't know why I'm putting so much effort into F!Robin. She (like all of the avatars) doesn't rank anywhere near my favorite characters, but here I am pouring skills and feathers on her like a crazy person.

What am I doing with my life?

Ok, I'm curious. What are you doing with her?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm 5*'ing the starters for now, the feather surplus is so high at this point.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm probably gonna promote Xander next, I keep getting one via my friends list in the voting gauntlet and I've been impressed

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Murderion posted:

Fcorrin, the shoeless dragon lady, not Frobin, the clueless book lady.

The Julia I've got is +spd, and I'm thinking of giving her darting blow. Is 36-37 spd in the terrifying range, or am I better off putting something else in her A slot?

I pulled an Alm off the fmage banner, and he seems pretty decent. Windsweep seems to be a pretty meh skill though, is it worth mulching a 4* Abel for swordbreaker?

I'd boost her attack before her speed (though Life and Death is good for both). Girl lives and dies by her OHKOs

e: for future reference, here's a good reference for speed. At 36 you're alright but you'll miss the double on a lot of stuff. At 37 it seems like a solid plan though

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I've done everything I can in the name of Team Henry, but I'm on the edge of my seat here. It's really close! :ohdear: