Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Hajime no Gal is aggressively bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Hajime no Gal is aggressively bad.

I hold a foolish hope that it will stop being so, though I know deep down that you are right.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Whoa I didn't know Re:Creators was a two-cour show. Nice!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Eromanga-sensei being meta enough to finally give us a tsundere who realizes what she's doing with the most perfect animation showing us the look on her face as she realizes single handedly makes this a good show.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Whoa I didn't know Re:Creators was a two-cour show. Nice!

Can you even imagine a single cour show with pacing that bad?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'll definitely watch Owarimonogatari and Tsurezure Children, at least.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

trying to review whole seasons as a collective is one of the most boring anime chat topics

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

A new Mahoujin Guru Guru series coming out the same month as Dragon Quest XI is probably the most perfect timing you could ask for.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The cell phone show is going to be re:zero if subaru's phone had reception.

--

Most of these titles I have no clue about so i'll wait to see what is picked up where. No use in getting excited if Amazon buys up a bunch of rights for the hell of it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Raenir Salazar posted:

Eromanga-sensei being meta enough to finally give us a tsundere who realizes what she's doing with the most perfect animation showing us the look on her face as she realizes single handedly makes this a good show.

There was also panties

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Eromanga's super trashy for sure, but I'm enjoying it. Elf's realization in particular was great this week.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There's going to be a centaur lady show next season?

Is... Is Hajimete No Gal about a giant lady?

Lots of good Spring shows on that list so whatever I'll just watch those.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

kater posted:

There's going to be a centaur lady show next season?

Is... Is Hajimete No Gal about a giant lady?

Lots of good Spring shows on that list so whatever I'll just watch those.

Centaur's Worries is more of a slice of life monster society show than a monmusu. It is good but the first chapter is a bit weird.

Hajimete no Gal is just about an incredibly lovely dude who gets a gal girlfriend. Nothing to do with giants. It is not good and is steadily getting worse.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Raenir Salazar posted:

A show based on a light novel being meta about anime tropes but still indulging in those tropes? Never heard of that happening before!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally the NTR anime.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Motto posted:

trying to review whole seasons as a collective is one of the most boring anime chat topics

I was just trolling for show recommendations :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best season of anime ever is fall 2007. ill leave it to you to figure out why

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

A show based on a light novel being meta about anime tropes but still indulging in those tropes? Never heard of that happening before!

I think you're being a little cynical, the scene worked really well. It isn't the "indulging" part here, but the character becoming self-aware of the trope they are discussing mid way through the bit.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

the best season of anime ever is fall 2007. ill leave it to you to figure out why

Gundam 00, Kaiji, and Moyashimon isn't bad, but I don't if that qualifies it for best season ever

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

big fan of usavich ii here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shion no ou, fuckers

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sorry endorph you are now known as the fan of the season of komodo no jikan

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Owarimonogatari, Symphogear, Miss Black General, and Maidragon OVA by themselves will be enough to make that a great season

I'm only mildly excited for black general because some dummy got the bright idea of making portrait orientation shows to be streamed from a phone app.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think you're being a little cynical, the scene worked really well. It isn't the "indulging" part here, but the character becoming self-aware of the trope they are discussing mid way through the bit.

Never heard of that happening either!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Never heard of that happening either!

It was funny, and made me laugh.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
And honestly, yeah, I don't think I've ever before seen that dawning realization of "wait... I am being tsundere..." that this ep of eromanga had.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Agronox posted:

I was just trolling for show recommendations :(

I can't tell if Sagrada Reset is going to be good or bad, yet, but I'm enjoying watching it.
Obviously, Uchouten Kazoku S2 is top-tier.
I'm having a lot of fun with Renai Boukun, but then I'm weird and I'm not necessarily going to recommend it to everyone. I have a weakness for stupid humor (because I'm stupid).
Eromanga-Sensei, as Yes pointed out, has great faces and is generally amusing. If the basic premise is going to unduly upset you, it might be best to avoid it.
ReCreators: Interesting, no idea if it's going to be bad or good yet, but I've enjoyed it to date so I'm going to keep watching it.
Grimoire of Zero: Competently done standard fantasy story. Not excellent, but it'd be tough to call it bad.
SukaSuka: Interesting apocalyptic story. It's got great world-building and likable characters, even if the romance plot is bad. Could turn out excellent, but we haven't seen the plot yet, so no way to tell.
Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism: Great characters, very funny. If the basic premise is going to unduly upset you, it might be best to avoid it.
Saekano S2: Some of the jokes are getting a bit long-in-the-tooth, but it still manages a couple of charming moments each episode.
Sakura Quest: Amusing enough to justify its 24 minutes a week, but I could never see myself marathoning it.
Clockwork Planet: Time-waster on Thursdays. Great rant in the most recent episode, but not good enough to justify watching the previous 5. Could never see myself marathoning it.
Hinako Note: Slow, boring and awful.
Frame Arm Girls: Cute dolls doing cute things. No plot to speak of, and it's getting to the point where it can no longer entirely just rely on strength of character. I won't even remember it a year from now.
Tsugumomo: Dirty sense of humor, but kinda funny at times. I'm assured by manga readers that the plot becomes interesting, but I'm not sure that the studio can manage to pull it off in the remaining 6 or so episodes
Alice to Zouroku: Only watched the first episode, which was pretty alright, and people were very hyped about it originally, but for some reason I haven't found myself watching it. I might give it a few more episodes to prove itself sooner or later, but I've yet to really feel a compulsion to do so.
EDIT: Akashic Records: Pretty standard battle high school thing, but done fairly competently. Some teacher-student romance hints, so if that would unduly upset you... you get the drill. Still, it's fairly entertaining, and if they put a bit more into world-building it could be good. Unfortunately, some of the same pacing issues as some other shows, since we've only caught the briefest glimpse of the overarching plot halfway through the season.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 08:41 on May 14, 2017

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This season is weak?

Last season was weak?

Next season is weak?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Julias posted:

Next season is gonna own so hard.
The only new show that jumps out is Made in Abyss

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Holy moley new jigoku shoujo season? That's gonna be a treat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New New Game, Centaur's Worries and Symphogear should all be good unless anything goes horribly wrong.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sakurazuka posted:

New New Game

They really should have called it New Game +

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Julias posted:

They really should have called it New Game +
I mean that's how I'm gonna refer to it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shin New Game

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess I might check out Centaur's Worries if only because it's been so long since I've seen a chapter in the wild.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Things that look like they'll be good: Made in Abyss, Symphogear AXZ, New Game + (though I didn't like the first season, most people did, so...) Teekyuu season 9,Ballroom e Youkoso (great manga), Owarimonogatari, Black General, and the second cour of shows like Bahamut: Virgin Soul, My Hero Academia, and Sakura Quest.

There's also quite a few unknows that look like they could be good too: Aho-Girl, Centaur no Nayame, Clione no Akari, Isekai Shokudou, Kakegurui, and Seizei Ganbare Majou Shoujo Kurumi.

I also wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the others turned out to be surprise hits, either.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Lucy, put down Made In Abyss as my Top Pick for Summer Season

Here's the PV again for anybody who missed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Yg1xRff9g

(Symphogear AXZ and Ballroom e Youkoso are my runner ups...)

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Apocrypha, NTR, Symphogear, New Game, and Sakura Quest. Next season's gonna be hell for anime I want to watch.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sylphid posted:

Apocrypha, NTR, Symphogear, New Game, and Sakura Quest. Next season's gonna be hell for anime I want to watch.

Huh, that's the first time I've seen anyone have anything good to say about NTR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Darth Walrus posted:

Huh, that's the first time I've seen anyone have anything good to say about NTR.

I dunno. From my experience, about 2 out of every 3 people think its great.

• Locked thread