Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I just realized this kind of reminds me of how bad KLK was getting towards the end (not to say this is as bad as KLK mind you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I am ready for a huge clusterfuck battle next week

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MonsterEnvy posted:

The fact that Aku can posses her works fine.

Its not really Drama.

Yeah, but the actual story dynamic, of Jack forced to fight his love interest who can't control her actions, just suuuuuuucks though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rhonne posted:

Aku you stole the sword before already, it didn't work out well for you.

It did not work because he tried to stab him with it. Now he knows better.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Dangerous Person posted:

I am ready for a huge clusterfuck battle next week

Like, what's gonna happen with the Scotsman and his daughters?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Like I said before I actually think the romance angle is pretty neat but then they immediately used it as an opportunity to make ashi nothing more than some new way to attack jack and rob her of any character in the most loving comprehensive way they could, that's just dogshit

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah, now he's gonna, I can only presume, take it back home and mount it behind a glass case in his room. That's what I'd do at least.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

I like it, last episode's "suddenly dean martin" is still hilarious

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
English theme song?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Corrupting someone in his image also didn't work out so good for him either.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, there's an English version of this song from the same singer?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

English OP for Dragon Ball!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
This sounds a bit compressed.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Like I said before I actually think the romance angle is pretty neat but then they immediately used it as an opportunity to make ashi nothing more than some new way to attack jack and rob her of any character in the most loving comprehensive way they could, that's just dogshit

Yeah, the way she's ended up being used is so cliche and rote I thought I was watching "film student's first action/romance draft attempt".

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the ashi romance in itself is gross, as is relegating her to a prop

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I'm kind of spoiled so I'll just say this. Right now there's a even better OP of Super and you gotta see it to believe it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Meanwhile in a better romance, Goku goes to train with Best Buddy.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
also still hilarious: KRILLIN COP

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This would have needed way more development of the relationship between those two characters and of Ashi in general for me to even get close to buying any of what they were trying to pull there.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Whis will turn this car right around if Goku doesn't stop this foolishness.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

livingfruitvirus posted:

Pretty sure this whole thing is Genndy's vision, judging by credits:

I feel like this Ashi thing wouldn't nearly be as bad (or as badly recieved) if these last 10 episodes had perhaps been, like, an entire 4-season series like the original episodes were

like, stretch these 10 over the time frame of the original series

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Arist posted:

This would have needed way more development of the relationship between those two characters and of Ashi in general for me to even get close to buying any of what they were trying to pull there.

With 20 episodes to gestate? Maaaaaaybe, but this was way too sudden and forced to take seriously.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So yeah Geets is still wearing an apron.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

"How could you cheat on me like that Geets?"

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, now he's gonna, I can only presume, take it back home and mount it behind a glass case in his room. That's what I'd do at least.

and if there were more than one episode left not destroying it would be his downfall

probably

definitely

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
piss

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Vegeta's very upset Goku doesn't get jealous about dick power measuring like he does.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
YOU CAN'T PISS THERE

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Argus Zant posted:

I feel like this Ashi thing wouldn't nearly be as bad (or as badly recieved) if these last 10 episodes had perhaps been, like, an entire 4-season series like the original episodes were

like, stretch these 10 over the time frame of the original series

like at minimum put some distance between the romance and jack meeting an ashi who is, mentally, a tantrum-prone toddler.

or just not go the romance route to begin with. they were working fine as teacher/student or father/daughter, and both of those options lend more weight to this confrontation than the loving romance did

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
do not wake kitty

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Don't wake the baby, Goku.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i was gonna make this exact post

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

so I don't have a cat, is this what it's actually like?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I mean, it was pretty clear this was coming when Scaramouche hadn't told Aku about the sword yet and Jack and Ashi hooked up before that bomb was dropped.

Still pretty lame, though.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Oh Snapple! posted:

like at minimum put some distance between the romance and jack meeting an ashi who is, mentally, a tantrum-prone toddler.

or just not go the romance route to begin with. they were working fine as teacher/student or father/daughter, and both of those options lend more weight to this confrontation than the loving romance did

You know what did it better? Fire Emblem Awakening, if you make Chrom your Avatar's husbando and thus Lucina gets to be torn about having to go back in time to kill her mom to stop the Dead Dark Dragon God of Evil from taking her over and genociding everyone.

And that game's plot sucked otherwise.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Goku stop teleporting bombs to your friends.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Goku this is the second time you've transported a bomb to your teacher, you need to stop.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So starting with this episode, I've been watching a bit ahead in Japanese and Vegeta's Japanese voice is like...a cool guy and it's really weird.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
lol

whis still the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012