Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
drat shame usa only does evrything else the best, and not racing

Truly a drat shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
no you see if you read and understood stuff the point is we do it together

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gallipoli

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Brb im on the phoe with trump, were good buds, he says he can ban all aussie scientist from american labs, and that it is a great idea

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah well gently caress sometimes we still go along with your dumb rear end

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tony Montana posted:

More to the point we compete in F1! Our greatest achievement?

Jack Brabham's ghost coughs politely

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Jack's influence culminated in that in the modern era of F1, we're still there. He'd love it, mate

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

I really don't like how how many people in this thread know actual things about racing and cars.

Sorry I'm not sorry?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

Hence me buying used am29 birels and not thinking about new chassis ever.

Teammate of mine flipped an arrow, or a comet eagle, i think theyre just rebrands, at 50 mph thru a hay bale and kart was perfectly fine, although he broke his hand.

Their pretty popular here among the high rollers but they have a reputation for being pretty forgiving when they are new. Kart dealer always says if you really want to learn then don't buy a Tonykart.

I have a pre-bankruptcy PCR and the thing is a loving tank. It's from like 2007 and you really gotta drive the poo poo out of it to get it to work. Saw an Arrows shifter get into an accident that tore the control arm and wheel off another kart on a standing start and the Arrows was totally fine, those things look like they could survive a bomb hit.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Cool and good pics of a less cool and good racing series

https://petapixel.com/2017/05/13/photographer-shoots-f1-1913-graflex-4x5-view-camera/

Take a look at that McLaren mechanic at Mexico near the end there, goddamn. Nearly turned me gay, that guy, just look at him. Imagine if he had logos on his uniform of a team that could possibly win something. I think the fraudulent British would say "phwoar." By the way I said nearly, cause I'm not gay, I'm totally straight obviously.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

https://petapixel.com/2017/05/13/photographer-shoots-f1-1913-graflex-4x5-view-camera/

Take a look at that McLaren mechanic at Mexico near the end there, goddamn. Nearly turned me gay, that guy, just look at him. Imagine if he had logos on his uniform of a team that could possibly win something. I think the fraudulent British would say "phwoar." By the way I said nearly, cause I'm not gay, I'm totally straight obviously.

That's loving cool.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Their pretty popular here among the high rollers but they have a reputation for being pretty forgiving when they are new. Kart dealer always says if you really want to learn then don't buy a Tonykart.

I have a pre-bankruptcy PCR and the thing is a loving tank. It's from like 2007 and you really gotta drive the poo poo out of it to get it to work. Saw an Arrows shifter get into an accident that tore the control arm and wheel off another kart on a standing start and the Arrows was totally fine, those things look like they could survive a bomb hit.

Ill tryto get u some chassis info maybe, my mechanic pushed a pcr kart to national champ in TaG a couple times, ill ask him if you got any questions.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

This is great, nice find.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

wicka posted:

What's Australia's best thing? Hugh Jackman?

AFL is fun to watch imo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

Ill tryto get u some chassis info maybe, my mechanic pushed a pcr kart to national champ in TaG a couple times, ill ask him if you got any questions.

That'd actually be pretty sweet. I haven't touched the adjustments in the few years I've been doing it other than a few minor things so if he had any recommendations for a baseline setup that'd be awesome as I'm pretty sure I've knocked the toe away from whatever was put in the kart before me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, fair warning, if you guys post anything that could be taken as racist, expect a posting holiday. This is your last warning.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
We are all raceists here though, and it is all raceist posting.

1500quid, send me a pm with your chassis and ill see what i can do, race tomorrow so it might be something i ask him about later in the week.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

We are all raceists here though, and it is all raceist posting.

e: I'll grab the chassis and PM you when I'm next out at the track, probably Tuesday. I know it's 2007 and the larger of the two options off hand 32mm iirc but could be wrong.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 14, 2017

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Cool, ill see what i can do, no promises, also send what engine.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

A Good Picture.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

AFL is fun to watch imo

That's true, it's on at insanely bad times for America though. It was great to watch in college when being up at 4am was nbd.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

wicka posted:

That's true, it's on at insanely bad times for America though. It was great to watch in college when being up at 4am was nbd.

The live streaming package is awesome and fairly cheap (like $80 USD for the season, I get mine as part of a club membership). It's a Good sport.

I guess if there's any race I should miss due to business travel it's the annual snoozer in Barcelona.

Also I would be more than happy to see the Fast Heikkis return.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Raceist should be the ferrari tag IMO

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

wicka posted:

What's Australia's best thing? Hugh Jackman?

Founded McLaren

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
He's so happy :3:

https://streamable.com/o57ja

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I am completely gay for Fernando

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Rev Dr Moses you have done it. Congratulations, you have made an excellent post.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tony Montana posted:

...autistic screeching...

More to the point we compete in F1! Our greatest achievement?

Jack Brabham is Australia's greatest F1 star, not Mark Webber 2.0.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
No why would Tony pick Ricciado when Alan Jones is a WDC and from Melbourne which is in the greatest and most glorious state of Victoria?

E: no joke those 2005 Nobel prize winning ulcer guys were really hardcore. They had a theory that these incredibly painful and often lethal ulcers were being caused by a specific bacteria in the gut and not stress, so they developed a drug that would kill these bacteria. Then they hit a snag, they couldn't test this stuff on mice or pigs because it wouldn't work the same way as it would with humans, and without testing it can't get passed for use. Can't test it on humans because it would violate the human rights laws.
Their solution was to drink the bad bacteria themselves, get ulcers and then hope like hell the cure would work, which it did.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 10:48 on May 14, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

learnincurve posted:

No why would Tony pick Ricciado when Alan Jones is a WDC and from Melbourne which is in the greatest and most glorious state of Victoria?

E: no joke those 2005 Nobel prize winning ulcer guys were really hardcore. They had a theory that these incredibly painful and often lethal ulcers were being caused by a specific bacteria in the gut and not stress, so they developed a drug that would kill these bacteria. Then they hit a snag, they couldn't test this stuff on mice or pigs because it wouldn't work the same way as it would with humans, and without testing it can't get passed for use. Can't test it on humans because it would violate the human rights laws.
Their solution was to drink the bad bacteria themselves, get ulcers and then hope like hell the cure would work, which it did.

There's a similar situation going on with Chron's and UC research right now. FMT is showing promising results, but the drug companies pushed the FDA to require that it be made in sterile conditions. It's bacterial laden feces, how exactly do you make that in a sterile environment?

Drug companies don't like cures, they like maintenance, and they're not going to invest in anything they can't patent.

Also, speaking of poo poo, almost time for Mclaren to embarass themselves! Bolt prediction: At least one of them starts from the pits, one of them catches fire at some point

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powershift posted:

Also, speaking of poo poo, almost time for Mclaren to embarass themselves! Bolt prediction: At least one of them starts from the pits, one of them catches fire at some point

This but with Mercedes.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

That deserves to be in the OSHA thread.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Bernie should gently caress off and die already. Im angry seeing him draggin his rear end to every gp.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Strudel Vanwaffle with 2 5 place grid penalties, but his car was so poo poo in qualifying that only means he moves to the other side of the back row.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

This but with Mercedes.

:flashfap:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

No chance to watch the race (or quali for that matter) until tomorrow night, curses. All set to record. Here's hoping for a repeat of last year with the mercs.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Powershift posted:

Strudel Vanwaffle with 2 5 place grid penalties, but his car was so poo poo in qualifying that only means he moves to the other side of the back row.

Quite confident he won't last the formation lap

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Powershift posted:

Honestly he just went out and did the lap you need to be qualified. No reason to do a hot lap.
I mean he's not great but his best most realistic place was last either way.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
Haha, Tim O'Glock is co-commentating on RTL (Germany) and made his entrance on the zipwire. All cool, until the end when he almost did a Boris Johnson and was left hanging, just short of the landing platform. Finally they reeled him in, but that could have been very embarrassing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frazzbo posted:

Haha, Tim O'Glock is co-commentating on RTL (Germany) and made his entrance on the zipwire. All cool, until the end when he almost did a Boris Johnson and was left hanging, just short of the landing platform. Finally they reeled him in, but that could have been very embarrassing...

Here in latín america they are explaining the flags and all the family is taking notice. European F1 coverage is trash

• Locked thread