Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
my money's on 18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"Mr. Satan struck a triumphant pose!"

I feel like this is a reference.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Wait, the Megaton Punch is something actually from the show? I always thought they made that up in the games.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
goddammit shut up shin

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder how many problems would have been solved if Shin had just let Vegeta blow the ship up.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I want more shonen series where the main character doesn't care about challenge and is willing to kill the bad guy with a cheap shot

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how many problems would have been solved if Shin had just let Vegeta blow the ship up.
poo poo, it's Shin's fault they were able to get half of Buu's energy bar filled in the first place

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how many problems would have been solved if Shin had just done the opposite of what he had done.

Not empty

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dangerous Person posted:

I want more shonen series where the main character doesn't care about challenge and is willing to kill the bad guy with a cheap shot

Wasn't that, ironically, IBO?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Well, if that happened, wouldn't the characters have been too weak to deal with Beerus when the time came?

Then again, they weren't impressive against him beforehand either way. :shrug:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I forgot, Mr. Satan doesn't remember that he saw 18 inexplicably get barfed up by Cell, right?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Momomo posted:

Wait, the Megaton Punch is something actually from the show? I always thought they made that up in the games.

Nope. Every video game move used by Mr. Satan will be shown in this arc. Even that one with the gameboy.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Wasn't that, ironically, IBO?

Yeah but I was the only one who liked that show. I want more of that but with a better plot

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, if that happened, wouldn't the characters have been too weak to deal with Beerus when the time came?

Then again, they weren't impressive against him beforehand either way. :shrug:

I mean, they were already too weak and only beat him with a heretofore unmentioned powerup. (And even then, Goku lost.)

Also, Beerus probably would have left well enough alone if they didn't have Buu around to mess things up with pudding.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Have I missed any cool toonami commercials from this week? I showered during Super

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, they were already too weak and only beat him with a heretofore unmentioned powerup. (And even then, Goku lost.)

Also, Beerus probably would have left well enough alone if they didn't have Buu around to mess things up with pudding.
Yeah, even if they weren't as strong, Bulma would have still thrown a rocking party and bought Whis and Beerus off

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So Shin ruined everything in Super as well.

Dammit, Shin. :argh:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Though they probably would have been hosed in this next arc, I'm not sure.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
comedy relief titans, neat

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Though they probably would have been hosed in this next arc, I'm not sure.
As soon as they met Beerus Goku and Vegeta woulda started training with Whis just like they did this time, it just would have taken them longer to get as strong as they are now

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

You should go to bed

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Dangerous Person posted:

Have I missed any cool toonami commercials from this week? I showered during Super

Just for next week's episodes. Tonight's goodie is a music video. It'll air in the 2 AM hour.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Waffleman_ posted:

Plus then the prophecy that drew Beerus to Earth might not have happened.

However, they would have needed the divine power up to defeat Freiza after he trains, since there was no warning that was coming. And I'm not too familiar with what happens in Super after that.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Are there people here who aren't spoiled on what's gonna happen? Cause I liked the parts of the manga this episode and the next cover

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

JT Jag posted:

As soon as they met Beerus Goku and Vegeta woulda started training with Whis just like they did this time, it just would have taken them longer to get as strong as they are now

Well, as you'll see in a couple episodes, they wouldn't have necessarily had the luxury of time.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
your house was a titan all along

also your mom

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Whoa Ymir chill out.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

Are there people here who aren't spoiled on what's gonna happen? Cause I liked the parts of the manga this episode and the next cover
I haven't read it but am partially spoiled by osmosis

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"You're gay."

"Well, so are you."

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
"No, YOU'RE gay!"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I know the spoilers for this bit and am watching to see how dumb it will be

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Christmas posted:

Plus then the prophecy that drew Beerus to Earth might not have happened.

However, they would have needed the divine power up to defeat Freiza after he trains, since there was no warning that was coming. And I'm not too familiar with what happens in Super after that.

As far as I'm aware, the rest of the events of Super are a direct result of Goku and Vegeta's interactions with Beerus and Whis.

So yes, Frieza's resurrection aside, every that goes wrong in Dragonball after the Cell arc is Shin's fault.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
um ok

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
isn't herring a saltwater fish?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Let's hope this herring isn't red!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I'm just now remembering AOT had a one shot with Marvel comics

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I'm just going to assume that was an "IT WAS EARTH" thing

or just dumb

or both

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Has Jean even appeared in this season

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

"Yeah, they're pretty far in"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Hi.

• Locked thread