Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiSnake
Jul 1, 2010

raditts posted:

I predict the good part of Ashi will infect Aku and she'll sacrifice herself to help Jack destroy him or some poo poo like that. I have a feeling she's not walking away from this one.

I'm feeling the same thing, but more along the line that Jack will be forced to kill Ashi, and then Aku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I kinda wish instead of the evil laugh Aku did the dance again at the end.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
That fight with Aku-Ashi and Jake was really cool.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
What a terrible episode. It's a shame because the action and art is still fantastic, just the story has quickly taken a nosedive.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Friend pointed out that Ashi is part of Aku which means she can create time portals.

Welp.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Nice to see a fight that had dimension to it again, though I still long for the choreography/camera/setting/music combo from before. My big complaint here would actually be the setting, just kind of an ugly junkyard of muddled browns and greys. But I enjoyed the anatomical distortion on the Aku-Ashi and the final illustration was very nice.

And to be a good sport, even if I still don't agree with the choice: Jack's comment on "You are not your mother, you are not your father." gives some credence to the use of a romantic relationship over a mentor/pupil as the former is meant to be a partnership of equal standing and Jack's driving home the point that she's her own person. Still would have preferred a platonic relationship.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is the final episode going to be an hour or something? This wrapping up in 20ish minutes feels like it'll be rushed.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

That episode was decent, but man is the romance hamfisted. I'm... not as attached as I think I should be. :(

I don't think you're supposed to be attached to the romance, they've so far only spent one and a third episodes on it. Don't worry about it

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

That was a good episode that did nothing to justify the previous one. It would have played out exactly the same if Jack and Ashi kept the student/mentor relationship. Oh well, I think the finale will be pretty good regardless.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Some thoughts about the main ways things can pan out:

A) Jack and Aku mutually kill each other, but in the process Ashi is finally freed from the influence of her mother and father. Ashi lives.
B) Jack kills Aku and frees Ashi somehow, and they live together in the new future accepting that there's no way to change the past yadda yadda. Jack and Ashi live.
C) Ashi Yoshimitsu's Aku and herself with Jack's sword. Jack becomes Sad Jack forever and/or gets a consolation prize for his troubles like seeing his family again. Jack lives.

B is probably the most likely. I don't think Jack is getting back to the past (poor Morpheus :( ) unless something insane like Ashi creating a new time portal happens.

mycot fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 14, 2017

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

FZeroRacer posted:

What a terrible episode. It's a shame because the action and art is still fantastic, just the story has quickly taken a nosedive.

This episode's story seemed pretty par for the course to me. It was better than some of the stories we got in the old series

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
Being part Aku, I think Ashi will gain control long enough to send Jack back to the past, probably moments after he was thrown to the future. There was a little too much emphasis on Jack's home and memories. Jack lives, Aku dies, Ashi lives on in Jack's memory despite never getting the chance to exist.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Genndy trolling everybody asking about the Guardian hard. "It'll be addressed" *8 episodes later* "HE'S DEAD, SUCKERS"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Best part of the episode was Aku instantly blowing up Scaramouche and just casually saying goodbye to Jack.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The akushi fight was so good
The way she stretched and wigged out and just was generally freaky was really good.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So uh, how is the scotmans ghost gonna fit into the last 21 minutes.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

By unleashing a twenty minute rant in Jack's direction to harden the gently caress up and get poo poo done. The remaining minute is Jack casually one-shotting Aku. Roll credits.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Celtic magic

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

mycot posted:

I don't think Jack is getting back to the past

But...he's gotta.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bobjr posted:

I kinda wish instead of the evil laugh Aku did the dance again at the end.

Needs more gif of Aku and Scaramouche :rip: dancing.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

robot roll call posted:

That was a good episode that did nothing to justify the previous one. It would have played out exactly the same if Jack and Ashi kept the student/mentor relationship. Oh well, I think the finale will be pretty good regardless.

It would have been better since Jack as a father-figure would have made a good parallel to Aku as the biological father. But I'm not going to get as worked up about it as some of the folks in the thread have been.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I am more sad about the Guardian being revealed as having already died in this episode than I was about the waste of airtime due to the dumb romantic subplot from the previous episode. Also lol at Jack for having fallen in love with Aku twice now.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'm just waiting for Scotsman, tbh

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

is it a twist if everyone had already thought it was the case

I think I made that very same prediction a few pages back and thought, well, it seems kind of obvious but why make things overly complicated?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I had a feeling that the 'Daughters of Aku' eponym might be literal (considering the birthing scene), but it didn't occur to me that that's where the story would end up for the final conflict.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Pants Donkey posted:

Is the final episode going to be an hour or something? This wrapping up in 20ish minutes feels like it'll be rushed.

Looks like an hour, unless I'm mistaken.

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwF...HrQsLD1m4-0p1e8

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Prediction:

THEY ALL DIE
WORLD IS STILL hosed
スコットマン KILLS THE REST
I am a scatman
410,757,864,530 DEAD ROBOTS

Crain fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 14, 2017

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I really wish he had shown up and the guardian had said "You still ain't ready, man."

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

CaptainScraps posted:

I really wish he had shown up and the guardian had said "You still ain't ready, man."

"Where the gently caress is your beard, you were supposed to have a beard!"

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
loving time portal couldn't even tell the future right, was it even a time portal to begin with?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Snipee posted:

I am more sad about the Guardian being revealed as having already died in this episode than I was about the waste of airtime due to the dumb romantic subplot from the previous episode. Also lol at Jack for having fallen in love with Aku twice now.

Three times, actually.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 14, 2017

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

PhazonLink posted:

Hey what that new hottness image format that is better than gifs but can have sound/music?

Can someone make one of Aku getting the sword with zelda's item get music. tia.

https://webmshare.com/R3AoE

Doesn't really sound anything like a Zelda chest jingle to me, though I suppose you could just mean that it's an item jingle sound like Zelda has one and not that it sounds similar to a Zelda one. Is there any bbcode to automatically display webms as part of the page instead of as a link?

Bonus Aku Dance: https://webmshare.com/1MOAz

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Three times, actually.

Between this, the other time he disguised himself as a woman and the MALAAAAAISE Aku felt without Jack I'm honestly convinced he's straight up in love but terrible at expressing it because he's literally made of evil.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm kind of disappointed that when he found out that Jack didn't have the sword (at least, he didn't at one point have it) that he didn't just shrug and ask "so what?", because his long malaise is pretty good proof that being an unstoppable, immortal evil overlord is kind of boring. If he killed Jack then he'd just go back to that same state with even less hope. I can completely understand why he failed to grasp that, but I think Aku finding that out and basically giving up would almost be more interesting than any other course.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Rhonne posted:

Best part of the episode was Aku instantly blowing up Scaramouche and just casually saying goodbye to Jack.

I loved how completely over Aku is on actually fighting Jack. He's done this hundreds of times before, no need to do it again.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

tsob posted:

I'm kind of disappointed that when he found out that Jack didn't have the sword (at least, he didn't at one point have it) that he didn't just shrug and ask "so what?", because his long malaise is pretty good proof that being an unstoppable, immortal evil overlord is kind of boring. If he killed Jack then he'd just go back to that same state with even less hope. I can completely understand why he failed to grasp that, but I think Aku finding that out and basically giving up would almost be more interesting than any other course.

Aku doesn't seem to be bored of being an evil overlord, quite the contrary. His depression comes from knowing that as long as Jack and the sword are out there, he isn't unstoppable and immortal. He's tried direct attacks, indirect through minions and mercenaries, and when those all failed, he tried just waiting him out. But nothing works. Jack is Aku's personal Grim Reaper, and his struggle against death is turning out the same way it does for everyone else.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

mycot posted:

I loved how completely over Aku is on actually fighting Jack. He's done this hundreds of times before, no need to do it again.

He was a pretty good sport about letting him go on a date, too. At least before he found out what Ashi really was.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's weird how much better the fight choreography is here and last week's episode compared to the episode Jack got his sword back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Aku is so god drat entertaining

• Locked thread