Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
never forget

https://twitter.com/annkillion/status/791085657812631553

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

This is cute
https://twitter.com/OBtoojiveforyou/status/863392834908553217

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The "NO!" is really good.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

That's me everytime lebron takes a pull up 3

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hahaha. Well technically that's still giving advice

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Mr. Mambold posted:

Hahaha. Well technically that's still giving advice

Picturing Pop as Lucy from Peanuts with a big ole pitcher of urine sitting on the booth

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Can someone explain GmSc to me please

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Box score rating. You get points for good stuff, lose points for bad stuff. It isn't terribly advanced or anything. Single game stuff had too much noise to do much, but gmsc is a good way of at least rating on stuff we know.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

kalensc posted:

It doesn't matter how many times I see it, I'm always gobsmacked by how many sacks of poo poo LeBron dragged to the finals.

More impressive carry job, 2001 Iverson or 2007 Lebron?

I say Iverson

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Dutchy posted:

I say Iverson
The fucks wrong with you man.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The fucks wrong with you man.

Have you seen Eric Snow try to do anything other than defend?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Iverson's team wasn't bad, it just had zero creators on offense. It relied on Iverson to drive the offense, and at the time he was probably the only guy in the league able to do that. Westbrook did something similar this year, except his team wasn't as good at the other stuff.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dutchy posted:

I say Iverson

Agreed.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Lockback posted:

Iverson's team wasn't bad, it just had zero creators on offense. It relied on Iverson to drive the offense, and at the time he was probably the only guy in the league able to do that. Westbrook did something similar this year, except his team wasn't as good at the other stuff.

They had Aaron Mckie.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

tbf Lebron had older, even worse Eric Snow. I think it's pretty close. It's a silly conversation for fun so I give Iverson bonus points for winning a Finals game and beating two good teams to get there instead of one.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
It's LeBron by a lot

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Zogo posted:

code:
GmSc	Player
64.7	Tony Parker
61.3	Tim Duncan
46.2	Manu Ginobili
42.3	LeBron James
35.8	Drew Gooden
33.8	Daniel Gibson
31.5	Anderson Varejao
27.6	Zydrunas Ilgauskas
19.3	Robert Horry
16.2	Damon Jones
15.3	Bruce Bowen
15.2	Francisco Elson
12.7	Sasha Pavlovic
10.2	Donyell Marshall
10.1	Eric Snow
9.4	Fabricio Oberto
8.6	Jacque Vaughn
7.2	Michael Finley
6.3	Brent Barry
0	Shannon Brown
0	Beno Udrih
0	Scot Pollard
-0.4	Ira Newble
-3.9	Larry Hughes

Most of those names sounds like what a writer of airport fiction would make up for bit characters.

"The hot sun shone down on the mottled hills surrounding the disguised airstrip deep in the Italian countryside. High above, the Lear Jet hummed softly, unaware of Sasha Pavolovic, lazily sucking on a cigarette, his eye pressed to a pair of binoculars. He nodded to his associate, and said in a thick Slavic accent 'Francisco, get Fabricio on the phone, it appears we have a situation. It appears Mr. Udrih has double crossed us."

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It's LeBron by a lot

Lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Marcus Camby graduated from umass today

:unsmith:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mutombo was vastly better than anyone on the 2007 Cavs. Iverson definitely had more help overall, that team wasn't winning games with its offense. They also had the very sad story of Todd MacCulloch, who was a very good backup but had to retire after 4 seasons because he has a degenerative nerve disorder. Cavs didn't have any such powerful inspiration

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Everyone knows Iverson's role players were much better than their numbers because They Played The Right Way.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

Take the box score and apply these values:

+1 for every point
+.7 for every block
+.7 for every assist
+1 for every steal
+.3 for every defensive rebound
+.7 for every offensive rebound
+.4 for every field goal

-.7 for every field goal attempt
-.4 for every personal foul
-.4 for every free throw missed
-1 for every turnover

Jordan's 69 point/18 rebound game gets a GmSc of 64.6
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199003280CLE.html

David Wesley's 0for13 with 4 PFs and 4 TOVs gets -11.7
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200104120CHH.html

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

https://streamable.com/s/r8dbl/rtujmv

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I will never take for granted that we live in the golden age of basketball

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Dutchy posted:

I say Iverson

2009 Magic

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Funniest thing I learned looking up some stuff for the "best carry job" question is that Dikembe had more playoff WS than AI in 2001.

I'd nominate Hakeem in 94 and Duncan in 03.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
LeBron's first finals team in Cleveland

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Metapod posted:

Marcus Camby graduated from umass today

:unsmith:

The bad rap Camby got in the nba always upset me. I used to run into him from time to time when he was first going to school at umass, and he was always really nice. I'm glad he got his degree finally. :)

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

DeimosRising posted:

Mutombo was vastly better than anyone on the 2007 Cavs. Iverson definitely had more help overall, that team wasn't winning games with its offense. They also had the very sad story of Todd MacCulloch, who was a very good backup but had to retire after 4 seasons because he has a degenerative nerve disorder. Cavs didn't have any such powerful inspiration

Yeah but Todd became pinball wizard so there's that
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/todd-macculloch-hosts-pinball-world-championship-at-his-bainbridge-home/

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

2009 Rashard Lewis would STILL be the best stretch 4 in the league. .397 on 7 3pa a game, .580 ts 18 points a game, and he was the team's best post defender. That was a very deep team too, they made the Finals even with Nelson out, who was having a .2+ ws/48 season (.453 on 4.3 3pa, 17 points on .612 ts). Had he not been injured they'd almost certainly have had 2 10 WS players that season and maybe 3 (Nelson had 6 in 42 games, Lewis 9.5 with the starting point out half the year).

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Jack's Flow posted:

The "NO!" is really good.

That was me every time Corey Maggette took a shot

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He was on both teams.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

zoux posted:

He was on both teams.

He had a much bigger role in 2001.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

lol incredible

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dutchy posted:

I say Iverson

fred hoiberg says it's isaiah thomas

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
man Area 21 might be my favorite thing. I love them just looping the Thomas-Magic kiss when he was on, Mike Bibby's random appearances, Rondo just off in the corner scowling or mockingly laughing at whenever they pretend they're interested in what Big Baby has to say, Big Baby looking all kinds of uncomfortable with Doc on, and KG just being a constantly twitching meanmugging perfect TV host. At this point I find him likeable enough to assume this isn't some Macho Man/DMX poo poo and it's really just pure KG being KG like always.

Is it still just like, a side bit on Inside the NBA? is it just like an online NBA.com thing? I was kinda hoping they were just showing full episodes on NBATV or something. I mean they gave the Starters a show.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

no other sport can touch the nba

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dead serious, I might write in vote Popp for POTUS in 2020.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

hahhaah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Dead serious, I might write in vote Popp for POTUS in 2020.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/863853694621810688

• Locked thread